Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Taskmaster is fine you guys

e:
taskmaster: +6 to all stats = 54% damage
everyone else: +6 to all stats = 48% damage

That +6 all comes at exactly 900 points spent, split evenly. If you did those 900 points by putting six points into each of the attributes, you'd wind up +12 all, which is 108%. You could take that same number of points on any other hero and get 152% damage by dumping into a single primary attribute, or 160% by putting at least six into your other primary attribute for its +1 all proc. You probably don't want to actually do this on anybody, but the fact that he gains 1% more per gem mastery doesn't even come close to making up for the rest of his scaling.

e:

And then of course at 925 (remembering of course that if you were omega capped you are already over this) Tasky jumps to 109.5% while anybody else can be at 164%.

I get that this is a joke and/or an oforums quote (pretty sure I saw somebody in the thread post this), but seriously nobody should take that breakdown at face value.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol, yeah maybe the 1661 infinity points guy is a taskmaster main

that might explain why they aren't as far as gaz expected

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Limbo group queue has been broken since the patch and they've just figured out it's because the game can't query the instance to find out if it's in use. :gaz:

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

What's the fastest way to get odinmarks?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Do legendary quests. Pay 15k credits to skip bad ones.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lol, yeah maybe the 1661 infinity points guy is a taskmaster main

that might explain why they aren't as far as gaz expected

Remember that everyone who was Omega capped started at 1000 IP.

They're not as far as gaz expected because they nerfed the poo poo out of the strongest XP gain method, incentivizing people to just rush through prestiges for costumes while that's still possible rather than ever even finishing story. I'm at red on Black Bolt and literally haven't gotten past Hood since white since five stacks of XP stick at the current server level was enough to tap out there, and there's seriously no point in doing story missions at 60 post-nerf.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gaz imo

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Michael Mayhem posted:

We have investigated and determined that the beloved Elbow Drop did get an unintentional hit larger than the animation offsets required. It will be fixed in a future patch, bumping it back up by about 20% in total damage. It did receive some animation reductions that needed to be accounted for, but not to the degree that it was hit.

Sorry for the error!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh god, someone is going to have to quote something from the dodge nerf way back when to convince him that he is gaz mathing.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I guess gaz didn't hear juggernaut say he was unstoppable :itjb:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Re: Dr. Strange Event

Asros: It will be going away with this weeks patch, however we have plans to not only do some work to convert it in to a terminal (have to change how you access it from the mission requirements, move to terminal waypoint graph, etc) but to bring all 3 Civil War terminals back (Bazarr/Cap Airport and Iron Man Airport). When we bring those back, we'll add Silver Star and Advanced Arc Reactor as drops from those 2 respective terminals.

IIXCommanderXII: Including cosmic versions of the artifacts too?

Asros: Most likely, yes.

Radspakr: Removing the cinematics from Airport?

Asros: Most likely not.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

worked hard on those cinematics, especially bucky's face

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

this is good, they're adopting the trump strategy; keep doing new stupid things too fast for your old stupid things to matter

it's working on me at least, keeping the airport cinematics as part of a terminal conversion feels way stupider than anything else they've touched in the past month

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Guy who knows how to switch off cinematics got lost on the way to work 4 office changes ago.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Saint Freak posted:

Guy who knows how to switch off cinematics got lost on the way to work 4 office changes ago.

His name was David Brevik.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hotdogs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If they removed the cinematics from airport they'd have to put in hundreds of trash mobs and blocking mid-bosses because otherwise you stand a chance of getting the loot you want.

Months later "players are not as far along as we expected".

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
SO I've not played this since it first came out. I'm starting up again, can someone invite me (Goonzylla) to the supergroup. TIA

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Other than legendaries, if you have a stock of currency boosts (either by buying fortune card 1 with cube shards or trading in old boosts) then just farming a boss terminal at 5 marks per kill is pretty good too. A reddit post listing the loot from 2.5 hours of farming shield boost also listed over 1k odinmarks, 900+ of which was from using 5x currency boost at the same time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DarciisFyer posted:

Other than legendaries, if you have a stock of currency boosts (either by buying fortune card 1 with cube shards or trading in old boosts) then just farming a boss terminal at 5 marks per kill is pretty good too. A reddit post listing the loot from 2.5 hours of farming shield boost also listed over 1k odinmarks, 900+ of which was from using 5x currency boost at the same time.

That sounds like a big waste of boosts.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Toshimo posted:

That sounds like a big waste of boosts.

True, I wouldn't do it unless I was going to die in a few hours unless I got 1k odin marks, and only with currency boosts that I already got from cube shard fortune cards, but it is an option for the fastest. And if you already have the currency boosts from farming cube shard fortune cards, it's not that much of a waste to add those currency boosts to your standard skrull ssb farming.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm probably going to use a full set of triple boosts if that's the case. I've been playing since release and hoarded my old boosts instead of using them, but I never farmed odinmarks. After visiting the exchange vendor I now have literally hundreds of boosters but only one level 80 legendary so it's a worthy tradeoff for me.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

I'm probably going to use a full set of triple boosts if that's the case. I've been playing since release and hoarded my old boosts instead of using them, but I never farmed odinmarks. After visiting the exchange vendor I now have literally hundreds of boosters but only one level 80 legendary so it's a worthy tradeoff for me.

If you are farming with boosts, get in a skrull ssb group in LFG. It will multiply your return tenfold.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

ICR, I maxed Winter Soldier's ult and did ttk's on him to try to lure you back more often with an awesome time. But all the builds I tried are right at 2:40 - melee, ranged, and aoe. I think he can be pretty fun if his issues ever get patched up.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

DarciisFyer posted:

I think CMM at 5 odins per boss per wave is probably much better, unless you are doing a terminal with mini bosses like ultron or skrull invasion.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lozareth posted:

ICR, I maxed Winter Soldier's ult and did ttk's on him to try to lure you back more often with an awesome time. But all the builds I tried are right at 2:40 - melee, ranged, and aoe. I think he can be pretty fun if his issues ever get patched up.

Sounds like Buffy Barnes is a steady Eddie. Thanks for testing this!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sounds like Buffy Barnes is a steady Eddie. Thanks for testing this!

The range of acceptable times so far is 1:15-3:10, and half of the builds are between 1:47 and 2:20. He's sure consistent, but consistently not good.

At least he's not Psimitar Cable though, lol.

I shared this with the ttk thread that generates the data: I added quartile based color coding to the ttk list, and have a separate sheet for just post animation update times. Things have definitely gotten better for everyone pretty quickly, but there's some definite ugly ducklings.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's not like ICR played the game to do damage, mr. fully zoomed in

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

It's not like ICR played the game to do damage, mr. fully zoomed in

Playing the game only does damage to my self-esteem. In this regard I have maxed my DPS.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

👀

👀

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Tony's class of '69 "ring"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

None of the changes to cosmic of any kind mean anything until they give us the ability to either filter out the 99% of them that you need to dig through to get one with the stuff you want, or the ability to steadily improve the one you want when/if you find it rather than continue digging through piles of trash for a diamond that might be slightly larger than the one you have. At least uniques drop at a rate where you can go more than a single CMM without filling your inventory, and with stat distributions fixed enough so that you can just vendor everything that doesn't have a green 100% next to all the attributes.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
So, somebody who has a couple decent TTKs finally decided to bite the bullet and give us a Captain America time. It was eight minutes. The next lowest is 3:14.

Chris Evans is Captain America.
Chris Evans is Anti-Trump.
Asros is Pro-Trump.

It all connects. :tinfoil:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

This just makes me nostalgic for triple small wolverine :unsmith: :canada:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I've got DoFP Wolvy and if it looks half as good as that Old Man Logan I'm going to be pretty happy.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

We're bringing sexy back.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

So, somebody who has a couple decent TTKs finally decided to bite the bullet and give us a Captain America time. It was eight minutes. The next lowest is 3:14.

Chris Evans is Captain America.
Chris Evans is Anti-Trump.
Asros is Pro-Trump.

It all connects. :tinfoil:

pwturty is a colossal idiot with zero decent ttk's.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I keep seeing this thread pop up enough times to finally give it a serious, non-"gently caress I fatfingered the wrong thread again lemme just mark it as unread" lookthrough.

I think I want to main Juggernaut and just fistpunch dudes. Are there any better heroes for just punching dudes in the face until they die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Lozareth posted:

Lozareth has a colossal keyboard gut with zero decent TTE's.