Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homercles
Feb 14, 2010

haha good one, serious posting a laurie penny article on anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pidgin Englishman posted:

OK but how the gently caress did Donald J Trump, reality TV star and dodgey realestate pretender, get voted President of the United States of America, population 300 million, the country with the largest GDP and armed forces, by its own people?

I mean

It still hurts when I read the news every morning. :smith:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

It still hurts when I read the news every morning. :smith:

lol

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

OK but how the gently caress did Donald J Trump, reality TV star and dodgey realestate pretender, get voted President of the United States of America, population 300 million, the country with the largest GDP and armed forces, by its own people?

I mean

i mean, he didn't but whatever

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

i mean, he didn't but whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

I mean

americans are real loving dumb

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NYT asking the tough questions: which donald trump is real?????

quote:

Cracking down on illegal immigration is the central pillar of Mr. Trump’s election-winning popularity with white working-class voters, so much so that it was the subject of his most decisive action thus far as president: the bungled rollout of his executive order barring migrants from seven predominantly Muslim nations. But Mr. Trump and his team sent out some seriously mixed messages in the hours leading up to the address.

“We will soon begin the construction of a great, great wall along our southern border,” Mr. Trump declared, to the delight of many Republicans in the hall, who gave him a hearty standing ovation.

But earlier, in a sit-down with some of the country’s leading news anchors, the president seemed to soften his stance considerably, as he has done previously in private, suggesting that legal status be granted to millions of undocumented immigrants who have not committed serious crimes. Immigration hard-liners, led by his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, have long considered such a stance “amnesty.”

how the gently caress are you idiots falling for this again

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/Stcrow/status/836794979628482561

:sad:

Serf
May 5, 2011

the only good thing about this timeline is the c-spam friends we made along the way

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

shiksa posted:

it also does that fun thing where grown men are infantalized for their lovely choices and views because they are simply grown white men in their twenties who have no idea what they're saying or doing, basically babies iwth no idea what consequences their choices lead to

its fuckin bullshit and good loving luck finding a piece that gives the same sort of "poor baby doesnt know what they're getting into" about young black or latino men who get involved in gangs.

I don't think you read the whole article

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Psst nite crew thanks for recommending Night In The Woods, it was good and relatable and unexpectedly appropriate for the Trump era and I especially appreciate that none of the artsy faux-endings were the ending but instead it pushed through to an actual resolution unlike about 80% of artsy adventure-y games.

Gregg rules, okay?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Serf posted:

the only good thing about this timeline is the c-spam friends we made along the way

also all the lols from trump being president. clinton would have been boring

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

American carbon footprint is too big for this solar system

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jose posted:

every single lol and lmao i experience is actually a defense mechanism against the crushing horror of this era

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Jose posted:

a veritable lolocaust

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgydTUMhtJA

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

NYT asking the tough questions: which donald trump is real?????

how the gently caress are you idiots falling for this again
Of everything Hillary said in the election the only thing worth repeating is "there is only one Donald Trump".

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm ok with Trump's madness as long as we get to invade other worlds and share the terror of Trump throughout the cosmos.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

a veritable lolocaust

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

frisky dingo was way ahead of its time

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Jose posted:

frisky dingo was way ahead of its time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQSMmznu_g

replace skeet with pee and jizz with piss

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FabioClone posted:

I'm ok with Trump's madness as long as we get to invade other worlds and share the terror of Trump throughout the cosmos.

okay good
im down with that too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47dmb7wOl0

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

lol even frisky dingo had a much more charitable view of american voters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJVZpvhwOmk&t=30s

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_SpRBXRmE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Brown Menace posted:

lol

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Dolash posted:

Psst nite crew thanks for recommending Night In The Woods, it was good and relatable and unexpectedly appropriate for the Trump era and I especially appreciate that none of the artsy faux-endings were the ending but instead it pushed through to an actual resolution unlike about 80% of artsy adventure-y games.

Gregg rules, okay?

It's the CSPAMiest game that is legit good.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

*space funeral for Spock*

of all the footprints ive known... his were the most... American...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Neeksy posted:

It's the CSPAMiest game that is legit good.

but it makes an argument against Nothing Matters which doesn't seem very c-spam at all

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Brown Menace posted:

Boosh! And/or ka-kow.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lmao the media acting like it's after the second debate and trump did good because he didn't say any racial slurs

they'll flip flop when travel ban 2 starts

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!!!

some babby bitch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

lmao the media acting like it's after the second debate and trump did good because he didn't say any racial slurs

they'll flip flop when travel ban 2 starts
The American people are fickle and stupid and it won't matter.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

A Handed Missus posted:

some babby bitch

lol he looks disgruntled

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
This proves, for us it's either pisstape or death.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Yinlock posted:

but it makes an argument against Nothing Matters which doesn't seem very c-spam at all

It makes up for it with the poem about burning down silicon valley and the union meetings where they use the teeth of their old boss as tokens of membership.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

trump resistance going well

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

Gregg rules, okay?

still have to check it out

nite crew's new recommendation is Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Locked thread