Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guzwar posted:

Multiple lols in this fact-check article about last night's speech, particularly about his "cutting taxes for the middle class" bullshit:

The richest 1 per cent would see an average tax cut of nearly $215,000 a year, while the middle one-fifth of the population would get a cut of just $1,010, according to the Tax Policy Center

Cool, with this 1010 dollar they can purchase one healthcare point, that's like almost a visit to the dentist, or a year worth of patriotic family corn syrup rations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
I'm waiting for the day he'll make a wrong turn in the White House and get trapped in a closet or something.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think everything is going to be fine and everyone needs to calm the gently caress down and stop being so overdramatic

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

dad gay. so what posted:

I think everything is going to be fine and everyone needs to calm the gently caress down and stop being so overdramatic

lol

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

dad gay. so what posted:

Take your meds

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

dad gay. so what posted:

everyone here is having a nice lol. are you lolling dad gay?

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

dad gay. so what posted:

:frogout:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

*gets engulfed in nuclear hellfire*

let's give him a chance!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerite posted:

everyone here is having a nice lol. are you lolling dad gay?
No time for lols, dude's busy plotting his next thread about the Dune movie.

Trump also didn't have time for lols yesterday. That speech sucked rear end.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
a more concise way to describe the frogmen is "anyone you ever knew in hs who had a minority (probably black or latino) gently caress one of their crushes and then grew up festering about it on the internet"

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

By far his best speech yet. It's funny because it was basically just his campaign promises re-listed and spoken sanely, with no substance as to how he'll afford everything, and no real plan beyond saying he is gonna do things, but it was his best speech yet.

lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I can't wait to see the lols Trump is gonna unleash to make up for this display of basic competence

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's hard not to improve from that first month in office but i have faith trump will be able to find lower lows and return to them at the earliest opportunity :downs: it isnt very lol when the agenda is strictly far right evil bullshit with no room for lol.

as i typed this post i got a tweet notification. all caps "THANK YOU!" aww trump is feeling like a VERY VERY GOOD BOY. WHO WANTS A TREAT ?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

By far his best speech yet. It's funny because it was basically just his campaign promises re-listed and spoken sanely, with no substance as to how he'll afford everything, and no real plan beyond saying he is gonna do things, but it was his best speech yet.

lol

get ready for four eight years of this :q:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tao of lmao posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/836930472945020928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Turns out people appreciate when you act like you belong in the role you were elected into.

Doesn't make his policy any less abhorrent but at least he was eloquent for a change :haw:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I hope everyone is ready for Victims Of Immigrant Crime Engagement lol

its gonna suck so bad to be nonwhite

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/836940160709324800

welp

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Some are saying that a leopard doesn't change its stripes, and that has never been more true than today.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

The first month was a masterful media blitz strategy. Trumps bumbling failures lowered the bar of expectation so ridiculously low that the public is amazed whenever his handlers can put him by a podium and he doesn't poop his pants multiple times before they cart him off to Florida again.

lol

Also, international flights to USA has seen a stark downturn, as tourism in America suddenly lost a bit of its appeal. Amazing coincidence that this development occurred the last month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/20/travel/after-travel-ban-declining-interest-trips-to-united-states.html?_r=0

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
no you just don't get it, obama masterfully planned all of this, god you just don't get it!!

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

you're like a time traveller... but from the past.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
13.6% less tourists from europe may doesnt sound like much, but I'm sure that the outcome will be quite noticeable in heavy populated tourist areas. Well done Donald, you truly make america great again :colbert:

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Multilake posted:

13.6% less tourists from europe may doesnt sound like much, but I'm sure that the outcome will be quite noticeable in heavy populated tourist areas. Well done Donald, you truly make america great again :colbert:

Apparently the only countries without declines are Eastern Europe and Russia. Can't wait for the adidas-covered lols we'll get from Yellowstone this year.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fasdar posted:

Apparently the only countries without declines are Eastern Europe and Russia. Can't wait for the adidas-covered lols we'll get from Yellowstone this year.

I eagerly await the melding of the Eastern Europe and American South threads

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol what the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/836945345678540800

I didn't think there would be any real speech-related lols since trump managing to keep his underpants off of his head in public for a change is playing so well in the papers but this is just :psyduck:
(not that the staffer is wrong, but since I'm assuming that at the end of the day the staffers are still republicans who want the administration to succeed, the standard play here would be to call it "patriotism" so as to avoid, you know, the whole fascist/nazi/other-foreign-enemies-from-the-past connotation)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Multilake posted:

dont trumps businesses make some of their money off tourism

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oscar Wild posted:

Some are saying that a leopard doesn't change its stripes, and that has never been more true than today.

lol!

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

Fasdar posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexan...n/#2fc0ae6162f8

This article says otherwise! I just read in a german newspaper this morning, that it actually climbed up to 13.6%. (fake news maybe? :) )

thathonkey posted:

dont trumps businesses make some of their money off tourism

Some of his hotels are located in the US, so if you ask me its a classic act of self fuckery. Let's not tell him tho.. He'll maybe figure it out himself!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

lol

The GOP was probably more upset about the speech than anyone every tims he mentioned one of his bigly expensive programs.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

bag em and tag em posted:

The GOP was probably more upset about the speech than anyone every tims he mentioned one of his bigly expensive programs.

Doubtful, when his bigly expensive programs are military, and anti-immigration. The collective GOP erection is what made them stand up. A penile hitler.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

LOL that the guy can poo poo out a list of things he hasn't done yet off of a teleprompter and some idiots (CNN in particular) think it changes anything

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Runaktla posted:

Everybody does that.

If Clinton was an R and Trump a D we would be raving about her emails and defending Trump's sexual comments about women.

There is this place called 'the rest of the world' that isn't bound to a polarised our team vs. their team mentality and guess what! Everyone thinks Trump's a oval office. Apart from the literally fascist political parties.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so is he going to brag about giving this speech now?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

LOL that the guy can poo poo out a list of things he hasn't done yet off of a teleprompter and some idiots (CNN in particular) think it changes anything

They just want access again lol the cowards.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

tao of lmao posted:

They just want access again lol the cowards.

Trump has made CNN bend the knee. He's going to be re-elected.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

so is he going to brag about giving this speech now?

Best presidential speech ever. Tremendous. Just absolutely great. And as I was leaving, Mitch McConnel - makes a helluva steak, lemme tell you. Bite-sized, crunchy. Just perfect. Brand's called Kingsford or something, you'll have to ask him. I might have to look into buying that company. Anyway as I was leaving he said to me, and I know you won't bother, but go ahead and ask him, but he said to me that that was the best speech ever in American history. And you all know we had some great speeches in our history. A really tremendous history. The best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You know, I've never seen Cthulhu Carl and Easy D in the same room together . . .

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nah, I order my steak medium and can't remember the last time I used ketchup on anything, including fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Nah, I order my steak medium and can't remember the last time I used ketchup on anything, including fries.

The perfect cover.