Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Yes, if that's the default keyboard that pops up from the bottom of the screen.

You can set any keyboard you'd like to pop up from the bottom of the screen and not all phones use the same one. There's no way for us to know which one you have from our position here in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LastInLine posted:

You can set any keyboard you'd like to pop up from the bottom of the screen and not all phones use the same one. There's no way for us to know which one you have from our position here in this thread.

It looks like I'm using android keyboard aosp, but I just disabled gboard so its possible that was the problem.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
It's been more aggressive lately but it also has the ability to go back and change words a couple back as you type. I'd recommend finishing your thought then checking for mistakes instead of correcting as you type to see if it is a big deal.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

What else does Hangouts have at this point? It's definitely getting shuttered. What a pain in the rear end. I hope they at least roll GVoice support into the other apps before they shut it down for good.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

If your company uses Google Apps and their meeting room hardware, this honestly looks pretty nifty. The web version is pretty much exactly what the Hangouts for Work stuff has done for a while, and a mobile app dedicated to meetings seems helpful since there's not an easy way to discover meetings in the existing Hangouts app.

I assume the next step is they just sunset the chat part of Hangouts.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Fleksy is the best keyboard. Even though it does do annoying things like autocorrecting actual words. It changes if into of all the time

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It's also been all but abandoned by the developers

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Fleksy is the best keyboard. Even though it does do annoying things like autocorrecting actual words. It changes if into of all the time

I might have to try this. The Google keyboard is always changing 'of' into 'if' on my phone all the time.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Compared to older Google keyboard versions I find that Gboard is way too good at remembering bad spellings, and constantly having to remove bad suggestions.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'd just be happy if keyboards actually remembered swear words, since I'm such a loving angry person all the time.

(Probably because I have to deal with a Samsung phone that is wildly inconsistent in its performance and battery life.)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Protocol7 posted:

I'd just be happy if keyboards actually remembered swear words, since I'm such a loving angry person all the time.

(Probably because I have to deal with a Samsung phone that is wildly inconsistent in its performance and battery life.)

Yeah until you tell someone you'll gently caress in on them at some point during the afternoon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah until you tell someone you'll gently caress in on them at some point during the afternoon.

You don't usually say this? :confused:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Protocol7 posted:

Gboard will and it autocorrected something to 'oval office' earlier today for me. Tread carefully.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I quite like Swiftmoji.

They really need to put hardware keyboards on these things.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Dark One posted:

Gboard will and it autocorrected something to 'oval office' earlier today for me. Tread carefully.

I tired to swipe 'bigger' the other day and missed JUUUUUST a little bit on the 'b'. Really glad I caught that.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

100% this. Even abandoned it is still the best keyboard one you get used to it.

If gboard and Flesky would merge, I would be one happy camper. The only thing I hate about Flesky is the way it chokes to all hell in Chrome, and the way it handles sending gif's. Outside of that though I can't use anything else.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

bull3964 posted:

I tired to swipe 'bigger' the other day and missed JUUUUUST a little bit on the 'b'. Really glad I caught that.

Yeah, you've really got watch out after teaching your keyboard racial slurs

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

bull3964 posted:

maybe you shouldn't have manually added the n word to your dictionary :shrug:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Never used it before in my life.

Surprised the poo poo out of me. The only thing I can figure is I copied and pasted something at some point.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I use SwiftKey, is that bad? :ohdear:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

SwiftKey is awesome.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My Pixels outnumber my Samsung now

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I asked in the VZW thread, but it seems to be a slow thread, and I am without a working phone.

What's the consensus on sim card adapters? I think I have a nano that needs to fit in a full sized sim slot. Should I try to find an adapter, or just go to Verizon to get a new full sized sim card?

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I use an adapter in my current phone and it works fine.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Looking forward, Moto g5+ or Nokia 6? I have a Moto x pure right now and the build quality is lacking, so the Nokia is interesting, but if the g5 is going to blow it out of the water that might be the one.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Man I gotta say I've had my OP3T since release and it is a very nice phone.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Man I gotta say I've had my OP3T since release and it is a very nice phone.

Why are you doing this to us

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Mogomra posted:

I asked in the VZW thread, but it seems to be a slow thread, and I am without a working phone.

What's the consensus on sim card adapters? I think I have a nano that needs to fit in a full sized sim slot. Should I try to find an adapter, or just go to Verizon to get a new full sized sim card?
Adapter is fine, but a new sim should be free, so...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Whether or not I would use an adapter would depend on what type of slot I was putting the SIM in.

If it's in a SIM tray, I would be a bit more leery about using one since it seems like it could get jammed if it came out of alignment.

If it's just a spring loaded slot like you normally find behind the back of a phone, then it seems safer.

Chances of running into an issue either way are low regardless.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

CLAM DOWN posted:

They'll continue to troll the thread as an "I told you so" until the inevitable moment when it shits the bed and they will either come back apologizing or buy an iPhone and stop posting in Android threads altogether.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Some people realize how poorly googles own lovely phone is and choose to go with a great product.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

grimcreaper posted:

Some people realize how poorly googles own lovely phone is and choose to go with a great product.

Grimcreap'd again!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The OP3 is the best phone I've ever had sorry thread I'll try to do worse next time

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
This thread does tend to go into hive-mind mode for specific phones. There has been multiple people including myself who have posted something along the lines of "The 5x/6P are great phones except for when they suddenly and with no warning go into unfixable boot loops".

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Pixel is genuinely worthy of the praise though, we're not hive minding a bad phone.

OnePlus objectively makes bad phones.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

THF13 posted:

This thread does tend to go into hive-mind mode for specific phones. There has been multiple people including myself who have posted something along the lines of "The 5x/6P are great phones except for when they suddenly and with no warning go into unfixable boot loops".

"THE 6P DOESN'T DO THAT LOOK AT THESE REDDIT ANECDOTES AND FURTHERMORE" in 3... 2... 1....

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Syrinxx posted:

The OP3 is the best phone I've ever had sorry thread I'll try to do worse next time

Coming off a 2007 RAZR?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

THF13 posted:

Does anyone not acknowledge this?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Thermopyle posted:

Does anyone not acknowledge this?

My 6P hasn't bootlooped ever so obviously there's nothing wrong with any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

lol if you buy phones from anyone who doesn't make the software