Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1F94bPm7HM

Poor Crobberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

The game is basically finished but because of the unfaithfulness of the UNBELIEVERS our savior Roberts in his mercy and wisdom has withheld it until such a time as the world can be brought to enlightenment. The game will be finished when we're ready and we are not ready.

Still your tongues of complaints and lies. Can't you see that you are only delaying things for everyone? I have seen thing you wouldn't believe. I have been to the Fourth Stimpire. I have tasted the flesh. Hush now. Remove your tongues. Come, let me show you the light, let it change you as it has changed me.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I cannot share with you the pure sublime pleasures of the Fourth Stimpire because of the NDA

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

"Other space games are, excuse my euphemism here, not the best space games." - an adult who disposed of thousands of dollars on a videogame

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony goon’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my jpegs.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Baxta posted:

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony goon’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my jpegs.

Ive got a jpeg to sell you. Or send to you, not asked for, and highly inappropriate.

Its someones balls. Cleverly hidden in a picture. One of the best sack trolls to ever get posted.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sale still going if you regret not picking a bargain up.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol did they "forget" to turn it off for 3 weeks?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Truga posted:

Won't be the first time.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Truga posted:

They said it would run through Feb 28, so it's only been running overtime for somewhere around one day, depending when exactly on Feb 28 it was supposed to be turned off. However, access to the discounted game packages was removed on Feb 27, one day early (and I don't think the Mustang package had sold out yet).

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

All the wubstep in the world can't make this feel intense

And I guess an empty sports arena is the best place to host these races, since nobody will be inside watching them

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I guess they have too many still in stock, they need more space in their jpeg warehouse for the many next waves of concept ships.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

"In stock" is still the funniest thing about Star Citizen, right next to "Ben Lesnick, Developer", "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian"

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

All the wubstep in the world can't make this feel intense

And I guess an empty sports arena is the best place to host these races, since nobody will be inside watching them

Consumer drones are just the R/C cars of this generation. It's a children's toy being taken far too seriously by adults trying desperately to make their casual hobby a serious sport.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Wuxi posted:

"In stock" is still the funniest thing about Star Citizen, right next to "Ben Lesnick, Developer", "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian"

Well, to be fair on Ben, he's been doing a lot of developing over the past few years.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

What I like about that video besides the attached dead body floating around the cockpit is that the HUD is only partially obscured by the body. Even though the recticle seems to be a fixed point and would not be in the visor.

Speaking of that recticle. It is also funny how you don't even use the generated "lead" recticle when firing on a moving target. No you just fire away at your heading recticle. And magically whatever it is you are shooting at get's hit.

This game just gets shittier the more they develop it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Although "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian" shows us handily in 5 little words, everything that is wrong with the project, the person at the top and the people working for him

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Wuxi posted:

Star Citizens - 'Dreams' are still in stock! Buk up for yours now!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ben is the dancing guy that didn't play an instrument or sing that all ska bands had in that brief moment when people forgot ska is terrible and gave the bands money.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Sale still going if you regret not picking a bargain up.

Sale just ended.

:wave: CIG drone.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

The Santa Monica office is the location they shitcanned, right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811362

This is already in the bag for Kayak.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

Consumer drones are just the R/C cars of this generation. It's a children's toy being taken far too seriously by adults trying desperately to make their casual hobby a serious sport.

He types, in a dead gay comedy subforum about vidya games.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

AP posted:

Sale just ended.

Final sales figures on the limited stock items:

Aurora starter package warbond edition: 2000/2000 sold (100%)
Mustang starter package warbond edition: 1874/2000 sold (93.7%)
Starfarer Gemini: 173/500 sold (34.6%)
Starfarer Gemini two-pack: 4/250 sold (1.6%)

Total take from these four items: $196,890

Note: the Mustang starter package was removed on February 27 sometime between 14:17 and 18:15, UTC time. It's possible it sold out in that time but I view that as unlikely.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AutismVaccine posted:

I guess they have too many still in stock, they need more space in their jpeg warehouse for the many next waves of concept ships.

Welcome to our thread friend

Which road led you here?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

is that dude even off his probation yet

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

boviscopophobic posted:

Note: the Mustang starter package was removed on February 27 sometime between 14:17 and 18:15, UTC time. It's possible it sold out in that time but I view that as unlikely.

peter gabriel posted:

I'm going to come clean, the funding tracker is mainly me buying Mustangs

Posted the very next day no less

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

lmao we've had a nomination thread up in our subforum since like saturday and only Kayak has been nominated.

AP posted:

Sale just ended.

:same:

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Xaerael posted:

If ToastMoMa wants to burn some money real fast, he should get into actual amateur motorsport. Driving stuff fast for real delivers an adrenaline rush much higher than simulated motorsports (iRacing) or remote piloting something.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
$8K whale exits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5ws6d6/refunded/

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ehhhh it's a one month old account with only two posts, both of which are in the refund subreddit. I'm not saying it's a false flag (and it doesn't really matter if it is) but it might be.

Then again could just be someone who made an alt account to announce their refund so their main account doesn't get burned.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Now you don't even take the time to photoshop a refund ticket to post with your alt. Stop cruising go racing.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Welcome to our thread friend

Which road led you here?

Was hugely interested in the projects early kickstarter days, then forgot about it. Saw a thread on teamliquid and asked about the whole thing. First heard about how south everything is going. After a little googling it was frontier forums and SA. My god, my heart was broken.

Gently go fiddle yourself, Chris.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao we've had a nomination thread up in our subforum since like saturday and only Kayak has been nominated.

:same:

I threw my pup in there as well.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Zzr posted:

Now you don't even take the time to photoshop a refund ticket to post with your alt. Stop cruising go racing.

I had a thought: What IF Derek Smart (usually broke according to :reddit:) was hired by CIG to conduct a guerillia warfare against their whales. And is using reverse pyschology to get them to invest deeper? Furthermore...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Is Hellion the game that will be the reality check for many commandos? I'm not familiar with it.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat posted:

Is Hellion the game that will be the reality check for many commandos? I'm not familiar with it.

It doesn't have the sheer vision and scope of star citizen so you can't really compare them.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It doesn't have the sheer vision and scope of star citizen so you can't really compare them.

Shear vision, where everything tears apart and scope, where everything is a finger squeeze away from misery, be it a purchase of a jpeg or lurching out of space bed.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'm actually amazed at how involved the devs are with the community and how open their communication is. So far they have been extremely responsive and straight forward with questions about their scope and production. Oh I plan on getting this one very soon. I want to see just a little more water go under the bridge to see if they are able to sustain that goodwill and production pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Well, to be fair, nothing compares to Star Citizen when it comes to vision. You can do anything in StarCitizen. Anything at all. The only limit is yourself. Welcome ... to StarCitzen. You can do ... anything in StarCitizen. The infinite is possible in StarCitizen. The unattainable is unknown in StarCitizen.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 1, 2017