Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Zzulu posted:

Nothing anyone has ever said in chat has bothered me

Why do you guys let it get to you?

If I call you a salty retard why does this UPSET YOU? I'm just some dork behind a computer

learn to let go, grasshopper

Maybe I'm sick of being called a friend of the family at least 4 times a session. Maybe I don't need that in my entertainment time.

This has been especially bad over the last four days or so of my play, probably because I broke into the tryhard tier of matchup people. I just want to block it out for a while until I cool down on it.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe it's worse if you mainly play with Americans

I assume I mostly get matched with Europeans since I'm Swedish, but I've never heard anyone call anyone else friend of the family for example

Mostly they're just quiet. Europeans are so much more quiet than Americans

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i play with a code of honor and there are things i consider cheap. i don't whine about it though, i just win harder.

6-0 brawl rounds feel so loving good

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

i play with a code of honor and there are things i consider cheap. i don't whine about it though, i just win harder.

if you revive your teammate i will make your life hell

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

explosivo posted:

Every loving match I have to have one or more dumbasses complaining about e-honor or "cheap moves" or whatever caused them to die that obviously wasn't their fault. It's seriously grating and saps my desire to even play this game with anyone but bots :smith:

The real pisser is you get less XP in bot matches.

Edit:

Also yeah I could really do without the racist garbage. If I wanted that, I'd go interact with folks in town.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

cams posted:

if you revive your teammate i will make your life hell

nothing worse than the stone that drops into your stomach when you arrive a fraction of a second too late, as the shithead opponent revives their teammate and you realise you're hosed. I hate when I stupidly leave a body and then realise I'm not fast enough to run back to cancel their revive.

I got ganged up as Orochi: Lawmaker, Peacekeeper and Berserker. They were beating the poo poo out of me in a corner. I managed to pop revenge, then just spammed my zone attacks. It was a real close call cause I'd get interrupted out of it a few times (I didn't even know you could get interrupted during revenge), but I ended up killing all three, cause they were so hellbent on getting the killing blow, instead of working together and grabbing me. It felt so good, but it didn't feel cheap, cause I was blocking attacks as well and even managed to do a sick 2v1 parry when PK and Berserker both attacked at the same time. I loving love having a max damage weapon, makes me brutal when I pop revenge, and the infinite stamina lets me do zone attacks against multiple opponents. I find too often that trying to focus on one is pointless, cause they'll just back out of the fight if they're smart whilst you're still getting hammered from other angles.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't complain about the way other people play but the one thing that really annoys me is people using revenge in "honorable" 2v2 games.

I mean I wanted to play that mode as a chaotic brawl but when matching with randoms there are good odds your own teammate will bitch you out for ganking. So instead I let people play their little honor game. But revenge makes that totally unfair. It rewards the player who took longer to finish their 1v1 by giving them revenge in the next fight. So obviously if you're trying to have fair honorable battles you wouldn't use it but of course people don't do that. If someone pops revenge to get out of my killing blow I will have a strong urge to gank the hell out of them next round.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Revenge as a comeback mechanic is good, conceptually. Giving the underdog a chance to win is nice, but at the same time the implementation is a bit unfortunate. I don't feel that revenge belongs in brawls or duels, but I can live with it.

I tend to just go with the flow in brawl, if my teammate ganks or I get ganked there's a good chance there will be reciprocity.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Goddamn Quit to Desktop. Reloaded game, NAT red.

:byodood:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Revenge in duels is pretty stupid.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Wait, from last page:

Shugoki charged overhead is disadvantageous enough on hit they get a guaranteed guardbreak? What the actual gently caress?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Wait, from last page:

Shugoki charged overhead is disadvantageous enough on hit they get a guaranteed guardbreak? What the actual gently caress?

If you do it while they're prone. The standing-up animation actually cancels out the hitstun they'd usually suffer. Against many characters it's still usually a good trade because the damage is simply ridiculous, and against the others the sideways charged strike should be safe while still delivering good damage.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My FG senses are reeling at the idea of moves that are punishable on hit, regardless of the standing/prone requirement. That's like FG101 no-no's.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This loving new quit to desktop button man UGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*autistic screeching*

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It got me a few times too.:suicide:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't complain about the way other people play but the one thing that really annoys me is people using revenge in "honorable" 2v2 games.

I mean I wanted to play that mode as a chaotic brawl but when matching with randoms there are good odds your own teammate will bitch you out for ganking. So instead I let people play their little honor game. But revenge makes that totally unfair. It rewards the player who took longer to finish their 1v1 by giving them revenge in the next fight. So obviously if you're trying to have fair honorable battles you wouldn't use it but of course people don't do that. If someone pops revenge to get out of my killing blow I will have a strong urge to gank the hell out of them next round.

I sometimes pop revenge just by reflex, and I feel so guilty when it happens just as the person is about to land a blow (so it autothrows them). When I do that, I just stand back and wait until it runs out. I'll even let them get a free hit in sometimes. But if the person is so loving retarded that they attack me as I'm unlocked and running to a corner to wait out the revenge, I straight up kill them there and then. Like I'm doing you a favour, fucker, quit attacking me when you're at a disadvantage.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so did they fix the glitch that makes shugoki unblockable also unparriable yet

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Has the patch dropped for consoles yet?

Also, how do I get good with Warlord? I'm trying, but he seems very sluggish.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Has the patch dropped for consoles yet?

Also, how do I get good with Warlord? I'm trying, but he seems very sluggish.

Played him once and hated how slow he was. Made me have a grudging respect to players who fight with him so well. It's like he's moving through molasses.

Also *High Activity* *Two Minute Queue Times* wat is this

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
Yeah, my poo poo always says high activity and I'm always getting sent to "ALL SKILL LEVELS" matches, which puts me up against uber players. Let me fight people as bad as me, rear end in a top hat.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

JUST loving QUIT TO DESKTOP AGAIN.

"What do you want, fam?" "Just loving quit my poo poo up"

They told me it wasn't possible. I said I could be anything I wanted to be, I told them my dreams were beyond the scope of men. I did it, lads. I loving did it. 5th Quit To Desktop in a row.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 1, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I find queue times are super super fast with a green NAT, and horrible if you don't.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I'm always at green NAT, though. Maybe I need to start doing the team modes instead of trying to duel all the time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mostly yellow NAT here and I get matches pretty quick most times, then yeah other times it just waits and waits.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Loopoo posted:

JUST loving QUIT TO DESKTOP AGAIN.

"What do you want, fam?" "Just loving quit my poo poo up"

They told me it wasn't possible. I said I could be anything I wanted to be, I told them my dreams were beyond the scope of men. I did it, lads. I loving did it. 5th Quit To Desktop in a row.

RIP

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
What does a star next to an item mean? Just pulled a real fancy looking purple spear head with a star. Some kind of additional rarity?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

What does a star next to an item mean? Just pulled a real fancy looking purple spear head with a star. Some kind of additional rarity?

Rare skin iirc. The stats won't be any better than any other item that level, though.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've got that get 25 takedowns contract for duels, which I assume includes brawl? However, I've killed a total of 13 people and it's not completing the duel. Is a takedown just me killing someone or what? I've executed and killed and no luck getting it counted. Or does it only work in 1v1?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

duel and brawl are not the same game mode, it's just 1v1 homie

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Loopoo posted:

I've got that get 25 takedowns contract for duels, which I assume includes brawl?

:cripes: I literally have no idea how it could be made easier to understand. Just...wow.

Loopoo posted:

I've killed a total of 13 people and it's not completing the duel.

If it didn't work the first 13 times, just try it again. Surely 14th time's the charm.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 1, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Playing Shugoki made that 25 takedowns in duel mission almost disgustingly easy, for some reason people still haven't learned that if you trade with him you're not gonna have a good time.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

He's really good for any AI mission too. The AI doesn't parry or dodge unblockables and his do a fuckton of damage. You delete AI heroes faster than anyone. His zone attack covers a lot of ground so completing the "Kill 300-400 mooks" mission is easy too.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cams posted:

Reported stop refusing to play the game.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
shugoki is my favorite, but still have heard no word on if the super glitch with him was fixed

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Reported stop refusing to play the game.

The people who go on about "Heh 4 honor not with" have gotten more annoying than the "honor" people for me, to the point where I just let them get mauled in fights then win them afterwards anyway.

It feels good.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

shugoki is my favorite, but still have heard no word on if the super glitch with him was fixed

If you mean his unlocked unblockable, it's still abusable, next patch gets it I'd assume.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean apparently there are tons of glitches associated with unlocked attacks on almost every character so Ubisoft is probably sweating trying to figure out how to rectify it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trillhouse posted:

He's really good for any AI mission too. The AI doesn't parry or dodge unblockables and his do a fuckton of damage. You delete AI heroes faster than anyone. His zone attack covers a lot of ground so completing the "Kill 300-400 mooks" mission is easy too.

Mashing heavy to slay the gently caress out of mooks is never a bad choice with Shugoki.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

Mashing heavy to slay the gently caress out of mooks is never a bad choice with Shugoki.

Same for Raider, it made the viking story probably the easiest one for me in that even on realistic where the bots are like level 3, they most times don't know how to deal with you coming down on them with heavies ended into the unblockable.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Yardbomb posted:

The people who go on about "Heh 4 honor not with" have gotten more annoying than the "honor" people for me, to the point where I just let them get mauled in fights then win them afterwards.

Nobody should be sneering at anyone on either side of this asinine issue, I agree with you. I used to do that and now recognize that it's childish and accomplishes nothing. That said, too many times I've had teammates actively work to sabotage me, up to and including hitting me from behind while I fight someone, all because they think throwing someone off a cliff or helping them when they're in trouble is a cardinal sin, only to immediately die either because for all their hubris they couldn't hack it in a 1v1 or they get dogpiled by the enemy. I never said anything to provoke them. If the other side isn't going to play by their rules, and my own allies are a threat either through inaction or interference, then I'm not going to hesitate to do whatever I can to secure my own victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Valkryie is quite a bit more difficult to fight against now.