Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominicius
Dec 3, 2011
We finally got to my favorite gun in the game. Which is not actually a gun.

Blasphemy is the most busted thing in the game. It puts most guns to shame and there is one simple reason why. Guns generally don't provide you with very many defensive options, being more offensive tools. Usually you have your passives and active items for that. But Blaphemy is both decent offense and amazing defense. Cutting through bullets makes the game feel like you suddenly have a riposte button, just swing when the enemy is about to hit you and not only do you nullify the attack but you also deal damage in the process. If you want to do a no-items run, this is the "gun" to do it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
E: this was something I was stupid about, sorry. Junken takes 7 to reach final form, not 10 like I thought after ten seconds on the wiki.

And given how many chest you destroyed, with keys on you, you got very, very few junks there. 72% chance of junk my rear end.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
The MST3K reference in the Bullet's past did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Have we seen an item that ups rate of fire?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Sjs00 posted:

Have we seen an item that ups rate of fire?

Potion of Gun Friendship does while active. Spice does as well on the second use.

senrath fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 1, 2017

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Lichy Trigger Finger.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
I found the fact that the "Guncle" rammed the sword into it's head to use it kinda funny in that sad way.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Bruceski posted:

You had another chest, Scruffy. When the d-pad runs out of ammo it spawns one.

Yup[. For shame. You could've had maximum Sir Junkon.

Does Sir Junkon have a past that you have to go fix if he's the hero?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

THE JUNKIEST BOY

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MJ12 posted:

I assume that the Convict's failure in the past was that she didn't win the fight. She started it, but she couldn't win without the art of the dodgeroll that she learned in the Gungeon. So the way she doesn't change the past is if you fight her boss and lose.

Think about it. Changing the past means beating the cops. ie not arrested and sent to prison. She isn't a convict because she got away...

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I couldn't stop laughing at Cannon

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Shaezerus posted:

THE JUNKIEST BOY

oh my gooooooooooood :swoon:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Shaezerus posted:

THE JUNKIEST BOY

The gunsword/revolversword is a neat touch. :3:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Veloxyll posted:

Yup[. For shame. You could've had maximum Sir Junkon.

Does Sir Junkon have a past that you have to go fix if he's the hero?

No, but if you manage to get him up to max there is an amazing reward.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Cooked Auto posted:

The gunsword/revolversword is a neat touch. :3:

I think you mean "gunblade." :colbert: But yes that artwork is amazing.

Even when you're off your commentary game, Scruffy, you're still entertaining to listen to. Just putting that out there.

Now, I'm unclear on something. Every time you want to do a past, you have to buy the bullet that can kill the past, correct? But you only need to gather the materials for it the one time?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

KieranWalker posted:

Now, I'm unclear on something. Every time you want to do a past, you have to buy the bullet that can kill the past, correct? But you only need to gather the materials for it the one time?

Once you gather all the ingredients for the bullet and bring it to the Blacksmith, she has an endless supply of materials for bullets. All you have to do is talk to her and she'll provide one, no purchase required!

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
I hope that once you kill the pasts with both new characters, we can see a full, proper run all the way though Bullet Hell with them.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I do appreciate that the narrative for this run ends up being a Bulletkin Knight training up a Junk Knight to help him fight a great Dragun, after which he recalls/relives his own early deeds as a Knight.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

dscruffy1 posted:

Once you gather all the ingredients for the bullet and bring it to the Blacksmith, she has an endless supply of materials for bullets. All you have to do is talk to her and she'll provide one, no purchase required!

It's the same bullet each time :tinfoil:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Why doesn't this game have a gunblade in it?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

As far as I know it has at least two.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Samovar posted:

The Huntsman is probably the closest you're gonna get to a straight-up Nomura Brand Nonsense gunblade. There are a couple other melee weapons that haven't been discussed yet: one of them is much like Blasphemy, while the other one... well, it might be my favorite weapon in the game and I'm desperately hoping Scruffy gets ahold of it just to show it off. :getin:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shaezerus posted:

The Huntsman is probably the closest you're gonna get to a straight-up Nomura Brand Nonsense gunblade. There are a couple other melee weapons that haven't been discussed yet: one of them is much like Blasphemy, while the other one... well, it might be my favorite weapon in the game and I'm desperately hoping Scruffy gets ahold of it just to show it off. :getin:

If the Supply Drop Update had added nothing else but the weapon you're referring to, it would still be a good update. If I see it on a run I'll buy it every time, then probably die somewhere in Bullet Hell because I'm still trying to clear everything using only that weapon even though it's a really bad idea.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is there a key-gun though?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

White Coke posted:

Is there a key-gun though?

Yes. It's pretty great.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

has he found bullet yet? that's maybe my favorite gun in the game.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but I -believe- the Wind-up gun is basically a 1-to-1 recreation of the same guns seen in the Futurama episode War is the H-Word where Fry and Bender (and Leela under disguise) are drafted into a war on an alien planet. The gun is basically the same one that Fry and the others use on that same episode. youtotallycan'ttellilovewatchingfuturama :thesperg:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Kemix posted:

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but I -believe- the Wind-up gun is basically a 1-to-1 recreation of the same guns seen in the Futurama episode War is the H-Word where Fry and Bender (and Leela under disguise) are drafted into a war on an alien planet. The gun is basically the same one that Fry and the others use on that same episode. youtotallycan'ttellilovewatchingfuturama :thesperg:

Cool, someone else's autism snapped before mine. I kept hearing, "You've got the only wound-ed up positron shooter, Fry!" every time Scruffy reloaded

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Kemix posted:

Shame you can't just mash reload until the whole song plays to fire a huge blast at the end

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
No but it does have synergy that halves its reload time if you can also find the 7-leaf clover you get for acing Winchesters game three times.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lord_Magmar posted:

I do appreciate that the narrative for this run ends up being a Bulletkin Knight training up a Junk Knight to help him fight a great Dragun, after which he recalls/relives his own early deeds as a Knight.

Now I'm imagining a version of the Trigger Twins where they both fistpound and then just loving charge at whatever poor Gungeoneer stopped in that day.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Lord_Magmar posted:

Not emptyquoting.

I knew about Cannondorf. I did not know about Agunim. This game, man. :allears:

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Lord_Magmar posted:

That is an amazing way of looking at it, and I am sad that I hadn't thought of it myself.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh man, I knew exactly what Cannon's dumb pun name was gonna be from the moment I saw him.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I kept expecting something like Gunondorf or similar and was somewhat disappointed at their pick. But in hindsight it was the better choice.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It should have been one n in Canon. Then you not only get the gun pun, but one n is the canonical spelling of his name.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Grapplejack posted:

has he found bullet yet? that's maybe my favorite gun in the game.

From that name I assume it shoots guns? Please be yes

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Spudd posted:

Actually it's a bullet that shoots guns that shoot smaller bullets. There's a similar weapon that's a shotgun shell that shoots shotguns that shoot shells.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Spudd posted:

The best part is the item description: This strange gun, shaped like a bullet, fires bullets that are shaped like guns.

Those gun-shaped bullets continue to fire bullets in-flight, but those bullets look like bullets. Straightforward Gungeon engineering!

There's also the Shell which has its own great description: This strange gun, shaped like a shotgun shell, fires bullets that are shaped like shotguns.

Those shotgun-shaped bullets will fire a spray of rounds upon impact, much like a shotgun would.

Vorpal Cat fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually it's a bullet that shoots guns that shoot smaller bullets. There's a similar weapon that's a shotgun shell that shoots shotguns that shoot shells.

That sounds a lot like the Swordsplosion in Borderlands 2. It's a shotgun that shoots swords, which explode into smaller swords, that explode. :torgue:

• Locked thread