Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Who will throw the first punch, Matt Barnes or Draymond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

oh god I loving hate Matt Barnes please don't put that shithead on my team

edit: Darth Vader Noooooo is not enough. Use this link instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
That's probably not a good sign for KD that the Warriors picked up a replacement so quickly, is it?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/836852734791991297
Also the Matt Barnes signing is for the rest of season, not a 10 day. Doesn't sound good.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 1, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People saying they're basically the same team even without KD are loving insane, btw. If KD is done this SEVERELY limits their title hopes. Holy poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The worst thing about this is that people think bogut is still good or even in shape

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

The worst thing about this is that people think bogut is still good or even in shape

His illegal screen game was key for the Dubs though.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Re-watching the Wiz GSW game and I still can't believe how many back door alley oops they gave up. It felt like half of Wall's 19 assists were on them

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

how appropriate the warriors' season could be permanently damaged on 3/1

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Ishin posted:

Re-watching the Wiz GSW game and I still can't believe how many back door alley oops they gave up. It felt like half of Wall's 19 assists were on them

I mean it was a back to back. Felt more like the corner 3s that killed them

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I just turned on League Pass to watch the Warriors-Wizard game, then the injury happened and I turned the game off again. gently caress me.

edit:

Away all Goats posted:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/836852734791991297
Also the Matt Barnes signing is for the rest of season, not a 10 day. Doesn't sound good.

And I hadn't even seen that tweet yet. gently caress me harder.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Somewhere Russell Westbrook is tucking away his voodoo doll

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Vertical Lime posted:

motherfucker

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

:eyepop:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Oh, he's been awful this year. He was still really good last year, even if he was more of a relief pitcher coming in for short spurts to give you a physical paint presence.

I still like the signing for the Cavs because, why the hell not? I think we only see him play in the playoffs in garbage time or if they are throwing stuff at the wall.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Matt Barnes is such a good pick up for the Warriors though. I mean maybe what they really need is the Clippers Matt Barnes of a few years ago but still, they're lucky he was out there unemployed. How will it be for KD if the team he joined, who had the best record in history last season by the way, win the championship without him?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Matt Barnes and Draymond Green on the same team is pretty much the worst idea I can think of from a personality standpoint

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sucks for KD but man it'd be sweet if they won the title without him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It will never be "sweet" if the warriors win the title. Just a little less bitter. Like name brand cough syrup vs store brand.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Oh it would be so sweet for Warrior fans.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
It would be sweet if KD was waived and joined the Raptors

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Matt Barnes and Draymond Green on the same team is pretty much the worst idea I can think of from a personality standpoint

dray kicks em in the dick while matt elbows them in the head, whats the problem

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We are soooo hosed

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
KD is hurt?

#TNTBulls will do it again.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's been like 10 years? Barnes returns to the Warriors. I loving love Matt Barnes.

Never forget:

quote:

*Last BUT NOT LEAST… Being stuck in the “triangle offense” w my ex & snitch, I mean former teammate & friend.. Who went behind my back, messed w my ex, got caught, got dealt w for being a snake, then ran & told the Police & NBA.. Instead of taken that [expletive] whoopin like a man & kept it moving….!”

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Violence against women isn't particularly endearing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

Whoa

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

straight up brolic posted:

Violence against women isn't particularly endearing

I think you're reading it wrong.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chairchucker posted:

This year Spurs are going to win IMO.

Three years ago a Spurs team with two Australian players won. Two years ago, a healthy Bogut helped GSW to victory. With him going down last year, Dellavedova was able to lead the Cavs to Victory.

With Cavs offloading Delly and GSW getting rid of Bogut, championship goes back to San Antonio. You know it makes sense.

And next year, Milwaukee, as long as they keep at least one of Delly or Thon Maker.

Cavs obv. going with my logic, and are back to being the favourites to win IMO

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

I think you're reading it wrong.
He has pending litigation for choking the poo poo out of a woman in a night club

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He has pending litigation for choking the poo poo out of a woman in a night club

Lock him up!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Can someone please explain why the Gortat-Zaza entanglement is being brushed off as a Zaza flop? I soured on other sports from dirty poo poo causing unnecessary injuries, and I'm not quite seeing how this is more of a flop than Gortat pulling Zaza down to grab the rebound.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Matt Barnes is an idiot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/_jussmith/status/836943654698758148

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

And a history of domestic abuse. I mean, nobody likes cheap shooter Draymond Green, but Matt Barnes is a real life bad human.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is amazing. Steph Curry is shook as gently caress.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WarriorsPR/status/836954069839282179

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That doesn't sound worst case

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah, this could be way worse (unless they are sugar coating it) he'll almost certainly not play another regular season game, maybe limited minutes in the last few to get him up to speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Season's over. No team won with a starter missing that much time this late.

• Locked thread