Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

el dingo posted:

I don't trust people who's usernames are some foreign version of 'the'[animal name]

personally I hate all posters with names containing exactly 5 contestants. What are you hiding, fivemen?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Taciturn Tactician posted:

personally I hate all posters with names containing exactly 5 contestants. What are you hiding, fivemen?!

Luna Was Here, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on the Post Is Right!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

This is why Hexakill and Twisted Treeline are the true pro maps

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Zyra free this week so I finally caved in to give her a try.

Welp, if I ever try ranked again I know who I'm choosing every match. My jihn got blitz hooked lvl 2 and I got fb on blitz somehow? The lane snowballed from there

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

el dingo posted:

Zyra free this week so I finally caved in to give her a try.

Welp, if I ever try ranked again I know who I'm choosing every match. My jihn got blitz hooked lvl 2 and I got fb on blitz somehow? The lane snowballed from there

Unfortunately you missed the free elo (or freelo, as they call it):

She's still good if you can hit skill shots very reliably but the change to her plants in 7.3 really dumped on her

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

Nothing. I am only here to bring absolute truth.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

Luna Was Here, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on the Post Is Right!

What game do I get to play

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

What game do I get to play

Legends Pachinko: Vel'koz Volley by Konami

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
People are mad because a Smite Support Nunu got banned who would never go to bottom lane and just counter-jungle the whole game. It's the same as the Singed Support argument and seeing people using mental gymnastics to justify holding a game hostage so you can play your own PvE game is just...Something else.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hands up all you mother fuckers. im holding this game hostage. nobody move. i need thsi big gromp for 200 experience and 86 gold

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
If he truly got reported enough to trigger a ban, then fine, but I still think Phreak is behind it.

Half-jokes aside, the dude apparently had a >50% winrate and I can definitely see people who do end up losing just going for the report on the one thing that was out of the ordinary and blame it on that. He's a dick for forcing his playstyle onto other people but it definitely doesn't warrant a ban. He fully plays for the win, he just does so in an unconventional way.

Smite/TP Yi was actually really similar. That forced your entire team to play differently and used to set at least two of your lanes back, but it was a relatively successful strategy and nobody afaik got banned for it. And rightfully so. As long as you seriously play for the win, you get to play what- and however you want, imo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Reporting or banning people because they play in a different way than you're used to is completely loving idiotic. Like, do you report someone if you're in bronze and they upgrade their trinket or buy wards? No. Exactly.

e:

Zac is probably my favorite tank so I hope they don't gently caress him up too much http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/vLEjALxZ-mid-season-tanks-update-zac

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 1, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
The only thing I approve of immediately is the fact Zac's voice gets higher the smaller he is

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Please don't change AP Zac, Rito.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sexpansion posted:

Reporting or banning people because they play in a different way than you're used to is completely loving idiotic. Like, do you report someone if you're in bronze and they upgrade their trinket or buy wards? No. Exactly.

e:

Zac is probably my favorite tank so I hope they don't gently caress him up too much http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/vLEjALxZ-mid-season-tanks-update-zac

As a Bronze player at heart, I always report my teammates for dropping wards or pinging objectives. I just want my 3 CS a minute, you assholes! Let me farm! I'll carry this at 97 minutes.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People getting reported for doing different poo poo is because they enforced the eurolane meta since it came up. In dota games have nonstandard poo poo that works all the time and you wont get banned because sometimes a carry becomes a support like PA. If the meta wasn't enforced we might have cool poo poo like this be ok with the community, but instead people get mad.

Back in season 2 I would duoqueue with my friend and we would double jungle blitz alistar and we would win alot of games on people never knowing how to deal with something so offmeta, but league isn't fun so the point is moot.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I used to duo queue Pantheon/Teemo as a botlane with a friend and absolutely destroy people. You get a lot of flak going in, and sometimes stuff does go wrong but that's true of any lane. Most of the time though low ELO terribads like me didn't know how to deal with a blind, a stun, a guy who can block AAs in trades, and auto critting low health targets. Kill lanes were great prior to every support just being an AP carry instead of a support. Now they're fairly standard.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i do wonder how these people get banned because i used to play a lot of super dumb poo poo (devourer kalista, ap lee support, ad jungle leblanc) and not even get reported. they should bring back team builder for stuff like that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Everyone who actually gets banned does whatever they're doing for 400 consecutive games.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
people tell me that Yorick is good but he's so clunky. You want to use your Q to spawn graves but if you do that, you're gonna be losing mana quickly and then honestly if you use your Q, the enemy can just engage on your rear end and what the gently caress can you do?

I miss old Yorick. :(

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The dude has peaked at top 200 on the ladder, it's not the same as the support Singed retard who couldn't maintain a positive winrate in silver. This ban was dumb and stupid and also sucks.

Tired Moritz posted:

people tell me that Yorick is good but he's so clunky. You want to use your Q to spawn graves but if you do that, you're gonna be losing mana quickly and then honestly if you use your Q, the enemy can just engage on your rear end and what the gently caress can you do?

I miss old Yorick. :(

You aren't running out of mana from his Q, you are running out of mana from his other abilities. Don't W or E frivolously. Also watch your passive for when a grave will be spawning naturally so you don't need to Q, or you can Q the enemy champ because it hits like a truck.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's good that guy got banned. I hope they send lyte out to have sex with his girlfriend, as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The problem wasn't an off meta pick the problem was someone forcing their entire team to play HIS meta. Getting reported that often enough to be banned probably means people on your team don't want to put up with that kind of stuff.

Nobody gives a gently caress if QTPie plays ADC Yasuo because he still wins games every now and then and it doesn't disrupt the game a whole lot and nobody was mad about ADC Ziggs either, there's a difference here. If you wanna do that kind of nonsense go play Flex or normals with your friends.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I get that overall point (and frankly don't care one way or the other about some guy getting banned), but when it comes to forcing people to play your meta, I wonder where the line is. Am I forcing my team to play my meta if I pick Tryndamere and have to split push instead of team fight?

Solo queue is always going to be a bunch of people wanting to play their way and being mad at everybody else for playing "wrong".

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

There IS a problem with communication if he is just dumping on his team that he is going to counterjungle and come back to lane occasionally, which is what he is doing. He isn't communicating with his team, he is telling his team what he will be doing. Like I understand that. I also understand that the dude is better than pretty much every person in NA barring the 175 people that were higher than him on the ladder at his peak, and at that high of elo the game gets all kinds of fucky with laneswaps, supports following the jungler for the first couple camps, etc. He should have gotten a talking to from Riot and this should have started a dialogue about the state of the game, state of Nunu as a champ (he specifically says he does this because he likes playing Nunu but he is bad in the jungle and bad as a support so he found a way to mold them successfully) and the state of communication between players.
Instead they are treating this exactly the same as some retard in silver that can't win more than he loses with a stupid-rear end Singed support pick.
Silver =/=Diamond to top 200 challenger
Singed =/= Nunu, a champ that has historically been played as support and jungle

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Are you forcing everyone to play your meta if you pick a normal rear end champ in a normal lane and play the champ the accepted way that people expect the champ to be played? Probably not. Really makes you think though, thabks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Interesting how the peasants here think someone should get special treatment just because of their ladder position. I'm of the opinion that all men are created equal, and indeed even feel that this is self-evident. But you guys thing is good too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
me: im gonna play renekton top
pantheon/sion bot: look at this loving mutant. Reported

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Someone doing something innovative that wins in diamond does have more merit than someone feeding and losing in silver yeah I agree thanks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ah yes the NA solo queue ladder the absolute peak performance of league of legends

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Nazzadan posted:

You aren't running out of mana from his Q, you are running out of mana from his other abilities. Don't W or E frivolously. Also watch your passive for when a grave will be spawning naturally so you don't need to Q, or you can Q the enemy champ because it hits like a truck.

ty I will consider it

I still think old yorick is more fun :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All americans should be banned for trolling asian players with their bad plays and predictable picks, imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is it a coincidence that his peers in diamond and challenger are the ones reporting him from his own team for playing that I wonder

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

RealFoxy posted:

Ah yes the NA solo queue ladder the absolute peak performance of league of legends

(Bond blasts down from heaven with an armful of sheens and tears) diamond players have good game knowledge. Treat them as the superiors they are.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My blitzcrank rushed 5 HoG's and no mana items. Know what I said? "say hello to the BAN ZONE, BITCH" 8)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
um lol who buys mana items other than a iceborn gaunlet on blitzcrank??

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

um lol who buys mana items other than a iceborn gaunlet on blitzcrank??

Wtf is an iceborn gauntlet, skadi is a dota item

Do you mean frozen heart and sheen?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

(Bond blasts down from heaven with an armful of sheens and tears) diamond players have good game knowledge. Treat them as the superiors they are.

lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
As a prominent diamond player on the LAN server, I *farts uncontrollably*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Didn't the top half of the LAN ladder get nuked recently by Riot for scripting or being from different regions?

Asking cause I genuinely don't know, I've just heard it more than once.

• Locked thread