Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i liked the rocks that exploded into chunks after being shot to reveal perfectly intact computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

AriadneThread posted:

i liked the rocks that exploded into chunks after being shot to reveal perfectly intact computers

It's a little known fact that computers aren't actually made in factories, but grown underground like dwarves. What you saw in the gameplay video was an accurate depiction of techniques we've barely dreamed about, let alone have within our reach.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AriadneThread posted:

Little known fact: they actually ship computers inside boulders, which are then blown apart at regional distribution centres to reveal pristine shipping cartons.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The explodable scannable rocks are pretty silly. Hopefully there are other mechanics to play off of.

Combat looks fine, but after watching the video, I think I may play male Ryder. Female Ryder is very chirpy for possibly dying on a planet with mercenaries breathing down her neck.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The explodable scannable rocks are pretty silly. Hopefully there are other mechanics to play off of.

Combat looks fine, but after watching the video, I think I may play male Ryder. Female Ryder is very chirpy for possibly dying on a planet with mercenaries breathing down her neck.

I couldn't tell most of the time if I was hearing FemRyder or Peebee, though hopefully I get better at distinguishing them once I start playing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I hope in future ME games, the longer you blue-ball yourself in regards to character romances, some kind of AI director will procedurally generate and offer weirder and freakier options until it finds one degenerate enough for your tastes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I hope that at least once you will reported for workplace harassment and lose a ton of credits because of it.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I couldn't tell most of the time if I was hearing FemRyder or Peebee, though hopefully I get better at distinguishing them once I start playing.
Ryder was wearing a helmet with voice modulation and Peebee wasn't, if that helps.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mercurius posted:

Ryder was wearing a helmet with voice modulation and Peebee wasn't, if that helps.

OSHA doesn't regulate Andromeda apparently.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If I go down to volcanic death planet I'd bring at least bring a mask but I guess she walks to her own daredevil drumbeat

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I can't shake the thought that the antagonist in the PeeBee loyalty mission's name sounds like a kitchen utensil

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Admiral Ray posted:

And instead of using that money to design and purchase pimp rear end mechs or starcraft-esque Dragoons the volus waste their money buying masturbation suites for their pressure suits.

Well, you do learn in ME3 that the volus splurged on building themselves the biggest, baddest, most heavily armed warship in the entire drat galaxy.

That's an optional war asset that never gets mentioned in the story.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mass Effect

more like MASS GAY

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

The Synthesis ending should have merged Shepard with a Reaper, turning it into an oddly specific representation of Shepard's head and right arm. The Shepard-Reaper then punches and headbutts the remaining Reapers to death.

The_Doctor posted:

Have you seen Liam's face model? Meet Nicholas-Gregory Huffman :allears:

Drone Jett posted:

The only person we truly hate in the Mass Effect universe is ourselves.

thirty fuckin pages and these were the only posts worth reading. shame on all you spergs.

Vintersorg posted:

"I wonder what information I can read bout for ME:A"

*wanders into games*

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 1, 2017

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
new guardians of the galaxy trailer is dope, kurt russell rules

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

MadBimber posted:

thirty fuckin pages and these were the only posts worth reading. shame on all you spergs.

What about the post where I said the game looks cool and good

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

MadBimber posted:

new guardians of the galaxy trailer is dope, kurt russell rules

Link

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

That was my favourite post in the thread, friend :)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Little known fact: they actually ship computers inside boulders, which are then blown apart at regional distribution centres to reveal pristine shipping cartons.

I mean, have you ever looked inside a boulder

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
any news on when we're gonna see a character creator, hopefully bioware actually spent some time researching what hairstyles humans think look cool in 2017

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duGqrYw4usE

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

any news on when we're gonna see a character creator, hopefully bioware actually spent some time researching what hairstyles humans think look cool in 2017

you've seen cora and the dread dude and male ryder, so think hard on that

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Cora has a fashionable cut from the 2010s, so at least bioware is evolving

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Hedrigall posted:

You're the best poster in this thread right now, but that was easily the worst post. Keep it up and Exquisite Tea will reclaim the top spot.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I mean, have you ever looked inside a boulder

As your mom's gynecologist I can authoritatively tell you :smith:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

PureRok posted:

I only watched the first few seconds of the video, and that's all I needed:

Well, now that imgur is working again I got this fixed.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I like how people keep complaining that Bioware lacks originality when the protagonist of their newest game is an actual zombie.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PureRok posted:

Well, now that imgur is working again I got this fixed.

man the episode of seinfeld about elaine's dance is different looking than i remember

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mymla posted:

I like how people keep complaining that Bioware lacks originality when the protagonist of their newest game is an actual zombie.

are zombies really original in TYOOL 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
TFW when you and your squadmate charge an enemy at the same time from opposite sides and your eyes lock through the resulting red mist...

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

PureRok posted:

I only watched the first few seconds of the video, and that's all I needed:

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Mymla posted:

Neither ME2 nor ME3 is their newest game, though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Drone Jett posted:

As your mom's gynecologist I can authoritatively tell you :smith:
Man, the your mom jokes in this thread are fast and thick.

Like your mom.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

are zombies really original in TYOOL 2017

As the protagonist, yes.

Drone Jett posted:

Neither ME2 nor ME3 is their newest game, though.

Yeah I guess plain old zombie is kind of a step back from cyborg zombie.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I really hope this game isn't bad. I want to hope this game isn't bad like ME3.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Deakul posted:

You may be blind.

I've taken dumps with better terrain shaders.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mymla posted:

Yeah I guess plain old zombie is kind of a step back from cyborg zombie.

You're right, lets catalog all the interesting things that playing as zombie cyborg had on the game and story ratification resulting from it:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:whatup:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Mass Effect

more like MASS GAY

I wish.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

most of the talking was actually done by Peebee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

These are a cry for help.