Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

So Liliana will be 150 if it's not in this set and everyone will complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

welp congrats WotC, you are selling us a good thing that we asked for

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/836970472680140802
edit: https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/836972106407636992

odiv fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 1, 2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I way prefer the random Deer Man version of Voice.

Also, everyone thinks its fake now by the way

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ThePeavstenator posted:

welp congrats WotC, you are selling us a good thing that we asked for

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Well Christ............guess I'll finally be able to shore up my Lillianas

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Dehtraen posted:

Basically, at this point the only thing that could go wrong is if this set is under printed or Wizards kills modern. If they print a ton of this then no one loses. Enemy fetches plus a ton of staple modern cards (as well as some legacy cards) and the reprinting of a bunch of needlessly expensive modern cards will result in a ton of sales.

Chill la Chill posted:

WOTC: please play standard
*prints in-demand modern format cards*
*reprints them like eternal masters*
??? why isn't anyone attending standard showdowns?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Angry Grimace posted:

I way prefer the random Deer Man version of Voice.

Yeah, I prefer the one that actually exists too.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This should've been the three wolf moon shirt.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I hope the actual reaction is "we should print more of these cards in standard sets because people seem to like them a lot".

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jabor posted:

Yeah, I prefer the one that actually exists too.

Yep, looks like someone worked Saffron Olive.

It's fake.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh good, I can get more than one Lili now maybe.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

They didn't even give us new art.

0/10, avoid

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Angry Grimace posted:

Yep, looks like someone worked Saffron Olive.

It's fake.

Is the Lili fake too? She's probably in there anyway even if it is.

maybe still voice?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

Is the Lili fake too? She's probably in there anyway even if it is.

maybe still voice?

It's directly from LSV and ChannelFireball.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol good timing on my part.

I like the art on the fake Voice better than the real one...

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There is no way the fetch lands aren't dropping significantly in price with all of these spoilers causing this set to sell out.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Burning tree emissary and Magma jet at common? Pauper players are happy.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Burning tree emissary and Magma jet at common? Pauper players are happy.

I hear the cheers of all 3 of them

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Card we just printed in a precon that costs like 2 bucks

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

DangerDongs posted:

There is no way the fetch lands aren't dropping significantly in price with all of these spoilers causing this set to sell out.

None of the prices will drop to any reasonable level. They'll dip for a few weeks and then skyrocket once all the stock in gone. Wizards will make a ton of money and people will complain again.

Taking bets as we speak.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

These now complete every single "I wish they'd reprint this" from the last MM right? I guess the only other thing would be Cavern of Souls.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

InterrupterJones posted:

These now complete every single "I wish they'd reprint this" from the last MM right? I guess the only other thing would be Cavern of Souls.

We still don't have Goatsegoyf.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I request some Ad Nauseam garbage like Bloom and Angels Grace since we're getting everything else...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Looking forward to my LGS charging $50 to draft this so only 1-2 drafts ever end up happening.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I request some Ad Nauseam garbage like Bloom and Angels Grace since we're getting everything else...

They're dumb if they don't reprint Ancestral Vision after unbanning it

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Looking forward to trying to remember the price of everything while drafting.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dumb reprint that they got supremely lucky on because it spiked to $17.50 in the last couple weeks:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

80s James Hetfield posted:

None of the prices will drop to any reasonable level. They'll dip for a few weeks and then skyrocket once all the stock in gone. Wizards will make a ton of money and people will complain again.

Taking bets as we speak.

They ended up doing a second printing of EMA, so if they do the same again we might see serious movement.

Anything not reprinted will probably rise a bit regardless. Though I don't think we'll see the meteoric rise we got from the original MMA, since there's probably not going to be as much of a boom in player numbers.

e: ^ pretty sure some speculators just got burned on that one.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Do we know if they're going to be regular or cardboard packs?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

80s James Hetfield posted:

Taking bets as we speak.

Nah, WotC fired the "don't hoard these sets" warning shot by doing a surprise second printing EMA. Once this sells out, they will reprint it. So far this set looks like the efforts of someone at WotC showing a chart of TCGPlayer mid prices of individual modern staples and then doing the math of printing the staples for pennies and selling those cards themselves.

e:

odiv posted:

Do we know if they're going to be regular or cardboard packs?

I think they decided to not do the cardboard pack thing anymore after the MM15 packaging damaged cards before they could even get opened.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

drat, Death's Shadow. Craterhoof.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
All right, just need Mishra's Bauble, scapeshift, and cavern of souls and everything I wanted reprinted has been.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

There's a few cards that I still want to see reprinted but when I look at what's in the set so far there's nothing that makes me think that they wasted this slot on crap instead of using it for something else that desperately needs to be reprinted.

When does the full spoiler come out?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

God drat this set owns

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Dehtraen posted:

All right, just need Mishra's Bauble, scapeshift, and cavern of souls and everything I wanted reprinted has been.

For me add Glimmervoid, Mox Opal, Noble Hierarch, and Voice of Resurgence.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is a good set, now show me Stoneforge and Jace

E: I don't care about Miracles I'd like to draft this for some sweet cards I don't own

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 1, 2017

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Goddamn like every preview is a hit, except for loving Seance.

I would guess that there will be a cycle of Ally-colored gold mythics, which is the only reason I can think of for Domri Rade making it in. So Voice of Resurgence probably is in the set, as well as Rakdos's Return. I have no idea what the U/B would be, probably something crappy like Havengul Lich but maybe Time Sieve?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Jabor posted:

They ended up doing a second printing of EMA, so if they do the same again we might see serious movement.

Anything not reprinted will probably rise a bit regardless. Though I don't think we'll see the meteoric rise we got from the original MMA, since there's probably not going to be as much of a boom in player numbers.

e: ^ pretty sure some speculators just got burned on that one.

None of these cards should be above $10.00 when all is said and done if WoTC would handle this correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThePeavstenator posted:

There's a few cards that I still want to see reprinted but when I look at what's in the set so far there's nothing that makes me think that they wasted this slot on crap instead of using it for something else that desperately needs to be reprinted.

When does the full spoiler come out?

I think this Friday is when they pull a gotcha, and reveal that the rest of the set is garbage. They have let us feel joy for far too long already.

• Locked thread