Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

im just really having trouble seeing how the DEA will even be able to do anything in a place like CO without the state just completely rolling over. recreational weed shops are all over the drat place and anyone over 21 can grow however many plants. is there even any anti-legalization people still making noise in that state?

I assume it takes maybe three instances of DEA Coperators taking a battering ram to the door and arresting the owner of a legal weed shop before 99% of the rest of them close up and go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

Civil War 2: actually its about weed rights

technically still about slavery imo

we really should have sorted that out the first time

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

unironically and totally this
watch and see if they start arresting trannies for merely using the bathroom, that too, will result in more bodies in prison, if you look closely enough into it, there is rhyme and reason to our methods, you just have to be willing to stare for far too long into a nihilist abyss to find them

The rhyme and reason is having as many black men in chains as possible.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

C. Everett Koop posted:

The rhyme and reason is having as many black men in chains as possible.

:ssh: i'm trying to let people do the work on this math problem, if you just give them the answer, they accuse you of idpol
one day leftists will learn, or keep losing elections :smugjones:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

whomupclicklike posted:

Hate to rain on your parade but Arkansas will 100% allow the feds to gently caress everything.

i was referring to blue states, i forgot to make that clear

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

get that OUT of my face posted:

ah i see. whatever they'll do (and they'll do something) sorta flies in the face of state's rights, small government, support for the private sector, individual liberty, support for law enforcement, and a whole host of other planks that the GOP supposedly holds dear, but the only constant in the authoritarian mind is spite. that's why Sesh wants this killed

The gop has always been about trying to bring the 50's back, so this whole move on weed isn't surprising at all

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

2 years after WW3 people are going to find records of sessions having had hundreds of millions in the bank from heroin barons and nobody but a few people are going to see this coming, because nobody seems to notice that inbred white trash that prosecute pot and cocaine traffick heroin and meth on the regular without exception

lol there's already been TRUMP stamp bags of heroin showing up all over the country in the past year...

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
In a stunning reversal, a mentally decaying President Trump signs his final EO on January 18th, 2025. It is a mere two words:

"Legalize It"

he goes down in history as the greatest president the union has ever known

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

my dealer aint worried cause their dealer aint worried - and they said if ur still worried just go get ur MMJ card.

Your dealer ain't worried because he or she is getting their money printing machine back

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

call to action posted:

Your dealer ain't worried because he or she is getting their money printing machine back

yup and I'm gonna have my MMJ card so no fks to be given all-around...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its funny that its legal in some bits of the states while here in the UK its the equivalent of schedule 2

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose posted:

its funny that its legal in some bits of the states while here in the UK its the equivalent of schedule 2

Does that involve minimum sentencing in the uk?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's also funny how people think that MMJ will somehow be left unharmed. Something tells me that the killjoys that love the idea of bashing people for smoking pot won't be convinced that I should be allowed to continue smoking due to my snowboarding injuries

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Does that involve minimum sentencing in the uk?

i don't think there is ever minimum sentencing but possession can get you 5 years in prison as opposed to class C's 2 years

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

My Linux Rig posted:

The gop has always been about trying to bring the 50's back, so this whole move on weed isn't surprising at all

i hope they start calling it reefer again to the press

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i hope they start calling it reefer again to the press

El Marihuana

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the DEA still uses Marihuana in official reports

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Jazz Cigarettes

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

MAKE America square again

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I think this is\will be more of a symbolic thing than a real enforcement initiative. I know people here say they don't believe in political capital anymore but for them to bee seen "solving" a problem that is already solved by federalism right now would be crazy. There's WAY bigger fish to fry. Shutting down a weed store in Colorado does nothing for an unemployed factory worker in Ohio and can't even be spun as such.

I think this is all coming from Sessions and even he won't pull the trigger when the times comes. Maybe do one or two operations if he can find a way to tie it to The Children, but going in and shutting down the whole industry? No way, they may be stupid but their not that stupid. Bannon would try and talk Trump out of it if it became too real.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

breaklaw posted:

I think this is\will be more of a symbolic thing than a real enforcement initiative. I know people here say they don't believe in political capital anymore but for them to bee seen "solving" a problem that is already solved by federalism right now would be crazy. There's WAY bigger fish to fry. Shutting down a weed store in Colorado does nothing for an unemployed factory worker in Ohio and can't even be spun as such.

I think this is all coming from Sessions and even he won't pull the trigger when the times comes. Maybe do one or two operations if he can find a way to tie it to The Children, but going in and shutting down the whole industry? No way, they may be stupid but their not that stupid. Bannon would try and talk Trump out of it if it became too real.

there are too many assumptions here, that trump is smart enough to know about, or care about political capital, that sessions is smart enough to recognize a weed ban as an uphill battle, that Bannon would care either way

this is the reason and order free timeline, so reason and order have a hard time entering into the equation when predicting trumpian behavior

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

breaklaw posted:

Those unemployed Ohio factory workers (many of whom could actually find gainful employment if they were in any way employable) don't give a poo poo whether it will help them. If you think we are fueled by spite you should try talking to them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol anyone who thought legal weed was going to stay under trump

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...tm_term=nprnews

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

Eifert Posting posted:

Those unemployed Ohio factory workers (many of whom could actually find gainful employment if they were in any way employable) don't give a poo poo whether it will help them. If you think we are fueled by spite you should try talking to them.

I've never thought about it this way, but you make a great point: unemployed people could find employment if only they were employable. Incroyable

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With the one two punch of attacking legal weed and the great wall of mexico Trump will finally get all the weeds out of America.

Except for all the illegal weed.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

DrPlump posted:

With the one two punch of attacking legal weed and the great wall of mexico Trump will finally get all the weeds out of America.

Except for all the illegal weed.

and when he does i hope barron is found cold in the bathroom with a needle in his arm within 5yrs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Jose posted:

surely this republican president won't be beholden to the social values of his party and base! secret libertarian, just like W in '04!

e:

Mariana Horchata posted:

and when he does i hope barron is found cold in the bathroom with a needle in his arm within 5yrs
Many such cases!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jose posted:

the ironic thing about being such a staunch police ally is that a decent chunk of law enforcement thinks that going after weed is a waste of time, money, and resources. support for law enforcement, Jeff!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the ironic thing about being such a staunch police ally is that a decent chunk of law enforcement thinks that going after weed is a waste of time, money, and resources. support for law enforcement, Jeff!

law officers are stupid assholes and will do whatever for Trump.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Trump will kill "legal" weed

1. Weed is still illegal federally

2. Which means any federal department that deals in any way with weed can crack down on it

3. Not just the DEA, can be the FBI and even agencies like the IRS

4. Don't think the IRS can't do anything? Well, think again! While illegal income must still be reported (either as misc income or on a Schedule C, & don't forget Self-Employment tax) you aren't allowed to deduct business expenses. So a state-legal marijuana dispensary can't deduct rent. Or utilities. Or the cost of supplies and materials. Or employee's wages. Make $1,000,000 in gross sales but spend $900,000 for the cost of doing business? A normal corner store would only need to pay taxes on that $100,000 difference, YOu on th other hand, must pay taxes on the whole Million dollars.

5. Under the Obsma administration most dispensaries have been skating by while claiming business expanses illegally, and the IRS has, for the most part, been allowing them to do that. But for how long?as I noted in a previous post some Big Bix tax preparation companies are backed no away from marijuana business. They see them as a liability that will be audited, and don't want that issue and are point blank refusing.

6. Not being able to claim business expenses is enough to kill marijuana dispensaries without any need for law enforcement to get involved

I don't have any other bullet points and obviously there are other things that can happen with other agencies. But marijuana dispensaries are already under pressure because they have to use shell companies for banking. The IRS has the potential to make things so much worse for thrm

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

TenementFunster posted:

Many such cases!

:hai:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Jose posted:

i don't think there is ever minimum sentencing but possession can get you 5 years in prison as opposed to class C's 2 years

then again im not even sure they care that much

my mate got off with a caution and hes black ish and brazillian so he sounds foreign too

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
also im glad doandl trumps bro drank himself dead by age 50 ofc yes weed is totally the problem

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
also i hope sesh slowly rots away in a lovely alabama hospice while incoherently pleading for something to take the pain away while the black nurse inserts his feeding tube w/ not a single fk given :poland:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sessions sux and is a racist keebler elf

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

also im glad doandl trumps bro drank himself dead by age 50 ofc yes weed is totally the problem
i think this is one issue of many that trump doesn't care about and is just letting someone in his staff handle it. but it just so happens that sessions is bizarrely anti-weed

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

i think this is one issue of many that trump doesn't care about and is just letting someone in his staff handle it. but it just so happens that sessions is bizarrely anti-weed

Nothing bizarre about it, fear mongering over weed was a dog whistle for race-mixing

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

breaklaw posted:

political capital only exists in a democrat economy

trump and friends are perfectly fine wasting billions of dollars to imprison as many people as possible and their lissencephalic base will eat it up because they want the streets cleaned or at least the appearance thereof

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump is unpopular as hell but he doesn't care, it's not going to stop him and his cronies from trying to make the country into their white supremacist image. if only democrats had a similar view, the last Dem president to lead good policy regardless of consequences was LBJ. and even then, that stubbornness kept him in Vietnam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

breaklaw posted:

They are that stupid. Expect to hear news about dispensaries being shut down by the national guard

The more people talk about this, the more they seem to forget just how maliciously stupid the right is

• Locked thread