Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

did you ever see that baffling society piece the nytimes ran when dunham was in high school (and not any kind of famous yet) about some dumb party she threw for her buddies? it must be seen to be believed

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2003/04/27/style/good-company-a-crunchy-menu-for-a-youthful-crowd.html

How and why was the nyt covering a terrible high school party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like the response to last night is going to be something recorded in history books. I could understand the flip flopping both sides deserve equal time coverage during the campaign but what in the unholy gently caress is going on in the media right now?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agrajag posted:

this loving poo poo gently caress WaPo

If you're using "muscular" as a political compliment, you're doing something wrong.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Somebody had rich parents.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The NYT is desperately to be part of the cool kids crowd, much like long-time reader and fan of the paper, Donald Trump.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
If the general election comes down to celebrity vs celebrity I m gonna kill myself

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/836996357013585922

The economy is going to completely loving implode in 4-5 years.

i am clutching onto my dollars tightly

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

If Jeff Dunham lost a leg he'd be Lena Dunham lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

did you ever see that baffling society piece the nytimes ran when dunham was in high school (and not any kind of famous yet) about some dumb party she threw for her buddies? it must be seen to be believed

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2003/04/27/style/good-company-a-crunchy-menu-for-a-youthful-crowd.html

here's the photo that went with it

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

tacodaemon posted:

The greatest tragedy on 9/11 was that the planes missed their target

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

nachos posted:

I feel like the response to last night is going to be something recorded in history books. I could understand the flip flopping both sides deserve equal time coverage during the campaign but what in the unholy gently caress is going on in the media right now?
The same loving thing that happened during the Bush administration. The media is desperate to promote the idea that everything is not just normal, but is actually great, no matter what evidence there is to the contrary. "Oh, you want to invade Iraq for no reason based on no evidence? That's cool, go ahead. Support our troops lol"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol Chris Cizz isn't the best of anything

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nichael posted:

VOICE is an issue that's too difficult for the cable news to explain so they simply do not.

not really

"hitler did it, with the letter box feature in der sturmer"

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

nachos posted:

Yeah, seriously, just checked CNN. There is barely any mention of how everything he said was a lie and it was still the same old bigotry as before.

gently caress CNN, god drat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am starting to get really loving sick of Trump's presidency NOT loving COLLAPSING

HURRY THE gently caress UP

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

what happened to trump's previous "kick their rear end and take their gas" stance

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/836988409969266688

Mattis

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

uh I'm all for it to be honest. I'd rather have a no substance woman with good intentions than a no substance man who pals around with foreign rivals and literal Nazis.

Oprah is capable of taking criticism and basic self reflection. These might sound like things anyone over the age of 2 should have, but here we are.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i always suspected the writer's daughter was one of the party guests and the writer decided to get a piece for the society/entertaining section out of it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
make lena dunham chat a 6'er offense imo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mormonpartyboat posted:

not really

hitler pooped u kno, hosed up if tru

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mormonpartyboat posted:

make lena dunham chat a 6'er offense imo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

not really

That's too complicated for cable news.

Tonetta posted:

If the general election comes down to celebrity vs celebrity I m gonna kill myself
Again, what exactly is wrong with a liberal celebrity who at the very least, has good intentions, but not be particularly equipped to deal with governance? It's better than this shitshow. It'd be better than a "normal" Republican too.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donald Trump gave a speech that was grammatically correct, didn't veer off on any tangents about election results or Hillary Clinton, and even addressed the anti-semitism problem he's been dodging. Let's face it, President Trump cleared the lowest of hurdles and by most metrics it will be a success for him...

Until he signs a new EO that allows natural gas company executives to piss in your water supply after they frack it, then we're back to where we were yesterday.

This will keep going around and around in circles for the next 8 years.

i get this is mostly sarcasm but is this referring to something other than the line about how he ~~~condemns all hate~~~ at the very front of the speech? am i alone in hearing that as yet another gross erasure thing, because uhhh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pollyanna posted:

I am starting to get really loving sick of Trump's presidency NOT loving COLLAPSING

HURRY THE gently caress UP

he saw all the praise he got for this and hes gonna do it every once in a while, keeping him afloat like a dead log

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

they're both neoliberal garbage owned by billionaires hth

reminder that I made this post yesterday about WaPo and the NYT when a bunch of you were busy sucking them off and then today happened

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oprah is capable of taking criticism and basic self reflection. These might sound like things anyone over the age of 2 should have, but here we are.
Yeah, and while she has some promoted some awful things on her show (anti-vaccination poo poo), I think she overall has decent intentions. We're long past the point of being picky and she'd be fine. I honestly don't care as long as it's not a Nazi Russian.

Fullhouse posted:

reminder that I made this post yesterday about WaPo and the NYT when a bunch of you were busy sucking them off and then today happened

Hey I only sucked off WaPo!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dB_ubVAnGw

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mariana Horchata posted:

im not even sure day crew could answer that one

quote:

The most commonly cited Nielsen results are reported in two measurements: ratings points and share, usually reported as: "ratings points/share". As of 2013, there were an estimated 115.6 million television households in the United States, up 1.2% from the previous year because of the inclusion of televisions that receive content over the Internet. A single national ratings point represents 1% of the total number, or 1,156,000 households for the 2013–14 season.[3] Nielsen re-estimates the number of television-equipped households each August for the upcoming television season.

Share is the percentage of television sets in use that are tuned to the program. For example, Nielsen may report a show as receiving a 9.2/15 during its broadcast; this would mean that out of all television-equipped households, 9.2% were tuned in to that program, and out of all television-equipped households with a television currently in use, 15% were tuned in to that program.[4]

Percentage of viewing population he says TVIV-ishly

But of course that doesn't mean anything Better Off Ted for one thing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

LiterallyTheWurst posted:

The greatest tragedy on 9/11 was that the planes missed their target

lol please for your sanity never read the times style section on thursdays

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nachos posted:

I feel like the response to last night is going to be something recorded in history books.

lol ok

Name me two other presidential congress talks that ended up in a history book that didn't also involve world shaking news events

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Mariana Horchata posted:

i just remembered that dennis hastert is currently in prison and will likely die in prison

It's good to remember the good things in life

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

i always suspected the writer's daughter was one of the party guests and the writer decided to get a piece for the society/entertaining section out of it

Lol imagine having your mom tagging along to a party in highschool. Oh don't mind me kids I'm just going to do a little write up about this in the most prestigious paper in America.

I was a total dork in school and also now, but Jesus this is too much.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The proper dem rebuttal should have been from a jungle bunker or off shore submarine delivered by a subcommandant

Anything less than this is a failure

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

tacodaemon posted:

sry im not reading that cause i really dont want to run to the bathroom and throw up all over the fkn place

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

lena dunham is truly a titan of our time

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

The proper dem rebuttal should have been from a jungle bunker or off shore submarine delivered by a subcommandant

Anything less than this is a failure

A person just flipping the bird to a camera for a solid 5 minutes would have been more memorable.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
The only time I ever see or think about Lena Dunham is when someone posts about her in this thread. So thanks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWjWPyOIIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cops go after suspects , not criminals

Slight difference

• Locked thread