Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

pwturty is a colossal idiot with zero decent ttk's.

Well, his Iron Fist was the best (until earlier today [it abused a glitch that the new king doesn't lol]).

Somebody just posted a 3:34 on Cap though, so you're certainly right. That's terrible, but not so bad that even middle tier characters could beat the dummy three times before his first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Daredevil, Hulk, Moonknight and Thing are all good punchers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

I keep seeing this thread pop up enough times to finally give it a serious, non-"gently caress I fatfingered the wrong thread again lemme just mark it as unread" lookthrough.

I think I want to main Juggernaut and just fistpunch dudes. Are there any better heroes for just punching dudes in the face until they die?

Use someone else to punch dudes in the face. Juggernaut is all about elbow dropping people for huge damage.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Use someone else to punch dudes in the face. Juggernaut is all about elbow dropping people for huge damage.

Oh. Okay.

To be honest, Juggernaut doing elbow drops on people might do in a pinch. But I assume there's other characters for grapplefuck.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

widespread posted:

But I assume there's other characters for grapplefuck.

You assume incorrectly. Nobody has any sort of grappling powers.

Ghostlight is lying to you when he suggests Daredevil is good right now though, and even when he was it was more about smashing with clubs than punching. Fortunately, Iron Fist is a good puncher (it's sort of in his name) and is easily the best around. Hulk can also rip a car in half and wear the bits as boxing gloves. Just saying.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
If you want something as close to grappling as you're going to get, She-Hulk Luchadors it up with some athletic leg and elbow drops.

Also Juggernaut makes a perfectly viable and powerful looking punch-man.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 1, 2017

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

MMAgCh posted:

Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

Wow I actually own that chase costume. Almost making me want to come back just to fap

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

brown pants wolverine's sleeveline is totally wrong wtf

lovin that snakeskin duster tho, very sailor ripley

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

MMAgCh posted:

Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

Looks good, but he's a tad young looking for that grey hair, plus a little more surl/scowl wouldn't go amiss. At least a little more downturn to that mouth.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 1, 2017

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kokoro Wish posted:

Looks good, but he's a tad young looking for that grey hair, plus a little more surl/scowl wouldn't go amiss. At least a little more downturn to that mouth.

Can't quite figure out what you're talking about. Care to highlight the picture with some red circles?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gibbering Madness posted:

Can't quite figure out what you're talking about. Care to highlight the picture with some red circles?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Lozareth posted:

Is that the guy who claims he was some sorta wow developer?

He made a thread a few days ago assigning universal DPS points for every artifact, tried to color code them, didn't put in a color code key, and even the pubbies managed to call him out on it since the values for those sorta things change from hero to hero.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 1, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
does that have the wrong shade of orange too

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm bishounen gray-templed Wolverine :keke:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Should I buy Lady Wolferine on BOGO for :5bux: or should I wait to see if they give her away for free with the movie?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Toshimo posted:

Should I buy Lady Wolferine on BOGO for :5bux: or should I wait to see if they give her away for free with the movie?

No

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

Lozareth posted:

Holy poo poo yes he is. Loved it when Cpu let him have it in the ttk thread. Still convinced Cpu is a LukeFonFabre forum alt.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tbf "literally just wolverine with grey temples" is about how he looked in the comics

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

*note that damage is decreasing with every patch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Toshimo posted:

x23 is really fun, objectively better than wolverine, and even has her all new costume which is completes the "better than wolverine" package.

both a full movement build or grievous wounds works, i prefer grievous wounds

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

*note that damage is decreasing with every patch
Nothing can stop the Juggernaut, in Gaz terms, equals "Juggernaut can be slowed way, way down. And why that's a good thing."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ok, so I'm trying to parse all the new summoner changes and this is what I come up with. Maybe Jus/Loz/gib can correct me if I'm off:

• Sinister's Cuirass sucks. The DR on it is much lower than having a proper attributeunique, the ally health/cost isn't great. The redeeming feature would be the CDR, but it probably doesn't make up for the lack of attributes.
  • Spear of the White Gorilla Tribe is great for Rocket and Doom, and not that good for Loki.
  • Soulsword isn't good for anyone.
  • Legacy of Kraven seems worse than 10 attributes for SG, who is the only full Phys summoner. +2 to all doesn't seem super worthwhile to anyone else.
  • Latverian Monarch Cloak tops out at 2 Attributes total and 450 CR and had its Duration bonus cut down by 90%, so it seems super garbage tier.
  • Octobots also got the Duration slashed, but is just bunches of raw stats, but no Attributes. Feels like a maybe on people depending on their own slot 5.
  • Trask Commander Helm is weird. There are no Fighting/Durability summoners other than Rogue (is that a real build?), so nobody gets more than half the Attribute bonus. It also has no flat DR, Crit or Brut stats, so it seems like it would be REAL BAD.
  • I don't have any Pelts or Cerebras, so v0v.

Basically, the only ones that seem good are maybe Spear and Octobots (Pelt/Cerebra also?)?

Since summons now inherit Attribute/Typed DR/Crit/Brut, it seems like regular items are just straight better in almost all circumstances?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AzraelNewtype posted:

You assume incorrectly. Nobody has any sort of grappling powers.

Ghostlight is lying to you when he suggests Daredevil is good right now though, and even when he was it was more about smashing with clubs than punching. Fortunately, Iron Fist is a good puncher (it's sort of in his name) and is easily the best around. Hulk can also rip a car in half and wear the bits as boxing gloves. Just saying.

Is there a new complete list of heroes with access to the Mystical Car Dimension?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

• Legacy of Kraven seems worse than 10 attributes for SG, who is the only full Phys summoner. +2 to all doesn't seem super worthwhile to anyone else.

Legacy of Kraven doesn't have any phys-only damage stats on it. That said, SHIELD Systems Recon Belt is basically the same item but better (and not very good on anyone besides Taskmaster even then).

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 1, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yeah, I misread Phys Def as Phys DR. Welp. Time to delete so many belts.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It seems like the main gearing concern for summoners is now just avoiding melee/ranged DR, which (unless I'm mistaken) doesn't transfer to pets the way phys/NRG/mental DR does.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Ape Spear is actually pretty good even on Loki--500 crit, 1000 crit damage, 700 dr vs unaware, 7 mainstat is great even before the summon stats. It's worse than a fraglite, but an option if you don't wanna blow the resources crafting one.

Octobot has enough stats to be worthwhile. Even the top Psylocke time currently is using one and she's not exactly full summoner. Again, loses out to something raid craftable like a Jinn on energy heroes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
So, yeah:

• KEEP: Spear/Octobot
  • TRASH: Cuirass/Kraven/Trask/Soulsword/Monarch

Sound right?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

That sounds right. Add that the only "summoner" artifact worth keeping is Ultron's Encephalo-Balls and even that is usually outclassed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Nothing can stop the Juggernaut, in Gaz terms, equals "Juggernaut can be slowed way, way down. And why that's a good thing."

Nothing can stop the Glaciernaut

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Even if Trask Commander were ever useful for anything, Mask of Algrim outclasses it on every character in the game.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mover posted:

That sounds right. Add that the only "summoner" artifact worth keeping is Ultron's Encephalo-Balls and even that is usually outclassed

Iron Legion Armor Sheath and ARMOR Portal are still fine unless you're going all-in on pure DPS artifacts. Stuff like Adv AIM Dispenser and Nutso are easy pickups that aren't outclassed until you start getting the top-end endgame artifacts, too.

The real losers are the old pure DPS summoner chase artifacts like Mask of Doom, Mole Man's Staff, Luke's Chain, and Skrull Emperor Orders. All that stuff is just chaff now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cease to Hope posted:

The real losers are the old pure DPS summoner chase artifacts like Mask of Doom, Mole Man's Staff, Luke's Chain, and Skrull Emperor Orders. All that stuff is just chaff now.

My Mask of Doom still has 40% Summon damage on it and +2 Int. Isn't that like 1800DR?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

My Mask of Doom still has 40% Summon damage on it and +2 Int. Isn't that like 1800DR?

Nefarious Mask of Doom, I mean, the one that still drops. I dunno about the legacy Masks from before the story update.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mover posted:

You might be overselling it. +4 to damage attribute (either single or two to everything, so it hits by shotgun), paltry spirit/health on hit (neither of which is a super great way to stay alive), and Crit Rating with no Crit Damage (outside of Mental's +4 Int or Cosmic's +2 Int). I don't think any summoner would even want to wear it. Ultron/Iceman are more likely to use ILAS than anybody using that.

Incidentally, while I was looking this up since I thought the non-cosmics could roll to +5 single type (guess that's just ILAS), I found out that they may have consolidated UEB attributes for cosmic, but it still drops in three types for the health on hit proc, which is just hilariously stupid. If they had any non-Summon damage rating attached it might be one thing, but they should have gone full Cosmic Crossbones on it for such a nothing stat.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
The only gear you need is the Doomsaw.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 2, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Cuchulain posted:

The only gear you need is the Doomsaw.
Comics? Comics.

On an unrelated note.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is waifurine ever gonna get a visual update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Toshimo posted:

So, yeah:

• KEEP: Spear/Octobot
  • TRASH: Cuirass/Kraven/Trask/Soulsword/Monarch

Sound right?

Luke Cage is Fight/Dur. I forget if it's better than his S5, but worth checking.