Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

In stage 22, is the SR point mistranslated? I killed everyone plus the ship before turn 6 ended.

IIRC yes, it's by turn 5, not 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Raxivace posted:

Is Excessive Force the best Grade-4 TAC bonus to pick? The 10 extra Will when sortied seems like it would be more useful than everything else.

Yeah +10 starting will is the best one. The skill that gives +10 starting will is the #1 skill in any SRW with SR points because you do 10% more damage right out of the gate and can use your bigger moves faster.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ImpAtom posted:

IIRC yes, it's by turn 5, not 6.

To add to this: Fat-rear end captain in the ship also flees at 10,000 HP, so be on the look out for that too. The stage may seem daunting in 5 turns, but it's doable with a few units using Multi-Action at some point.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Endorph posted:

And Basquash.

AKB00048 was good, though.

Okay, now I want AKB0048 in an SRW. Symphogear too somehow for more wacky musical crossover shenanigans.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Cheap Trick posted:

Okay, now I want AKB0048 in an SRW. Symphogear too somehow for more wacky musical crossover shenanigans.

X omega recently did a non xenoglosia idolmaster event that had the twins piloting a new robot.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah +10 starting will is the best one. The skill that gives +10 starting will is the #1 skill in any SRW with SR points because you do 10% more damage right out of the gate and can use your bigger moves faster.
That's what I ended up going with. There just didn't seem to be enough an incentive to really go for the other ones.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

AradoBalanga posted:

I look forward to the day when we get to recruit scum like Leonard Testharossa or Hokushin.
Killer the Butcher. :getin:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Where the gently caress did the Getter Tomahawk combo go <:mad:>

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
and now for a totally random post

Akira Kamiya has a podcast and we will never never know what hes saying because this is a cruel godless universe

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 1, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i know what he's saying :twisted:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

i know what he's saying :twisted:
Then you're going to transcribe and translate literally every episode or the rest of us will team up against you!

You can't possibly defeat all of us when we work together!

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

What units have armor down weapons in V? So far i only notice the daitarn 3 having it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Weissritter posted:

What units have armor down weapons in V? So far i only notice the daitarn 3 having it.

Rust Hurricane as usual. The ZERO version as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

All the crossover stuff written into the events surrounding the Ramiel battle was super clever and good.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Weissritter posted:

Once you get Space Combination, Zambot 3 technically has it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Finally got Sub-orders! I am not getting through the game quickly, but I'm definitely having fun with it. Mightgaine with the gravity wave antenna is busted. Chitose is nearly a Great Ace and the next closest is probably Maito at like 30 kills. I really need to stop using Vangrey so much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You can equip the Gravity Wave Antenna part onto the Nadesico for some hilarious infinite energy loop shenanigans, BTW.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

You can equip the Gravity Wave Antenna part onto the Nadesico for some hilarious infinite energy loop shenanigans, BTW.
Wait what? Doesn't the item description explicitly say that is impossible?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Is the Unicorn track Mobile Suit not in this game? I really enjoyed that in Z3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My top ace list was hilariously predictable: Chitose, Ange, Yamato, Kouji and Shinji. The latter two only not getting higher because they joined relatively late and I was trying to feed kills to more pilots for acing by that point

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRW V sold 183K across PS4 and Vita for its debut week in Japan (Approx. 100K for PS4, 83K for Vita)

Basically holding steady with a slight drop from Z3.2. Hopefully the international releases sold well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Just to confirm, you can setup separate themes for finishers, right? I'm grabbing MP3s and such while I wait for my copy to arrive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Just to confirm, you can setup separate themes for finishers, right? I'm grabbing MP3s and such while I wait for my copy to arrive.

Yes, you set music by attack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, you set music by attack.
finally, ange can have a separate nana mizuki song for each of her attacks

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
As a slowplayer I'm still at the point where Chitose is aced, Okita is close behind, and I'm working hard on Maito and Ange. Luckily I'm the type of person who pulls aces back and uses them for support/bosses until others catch up. Ange is still way behind; is this a Calvina thing where she gets to solo a bunch of dragons on her upgrade stage? Or is she who I'm supposed to buy Ace Pride for?

Also, is there a point to getting Kodai kills in the Cosmo Zero? Does he keep his levels? Does he get to deploy in it at will later?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Ange should not be way behind because she is a flying ball of rage, murder, and sharp knives. (And murdering battleships with machinegun fire, which will never get old.)

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
But she joins a little ways in and starts at 0. I've been trying, believe me. I gave her a V-Circuit, but ironically that just makes her most likely to get first blood on bosses.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

As a slowplayer I'm still at the point where Chitose is aced, Okita is close behind, and I'm working hard on Maito and Ange. Luckily I'm the type of person who pulls aces back and uses them for support/bosses until others catch up. Ange is still way behind; is this a Calvina thing where she gets to solo a bunch of dragons on her upgrade stage? Or is she who I'm supposed to buy Ace Pride for?

Also, is there a point to getting Kodai kills in the Cosmo Zero? Does he keep his levels? Does he get to deploy in it at will later?

Just get Ange some ignore size levels and she'll basically be an unstoppable murder machine especially once he machine starts getting its upgrades.

Kodai seems to never permanently join in the Zero unless it's a secret or something and I can't imagine why you'd want it since lacking him would massively crippled the Yamato spell-wise.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

X omega recently did a non xenoglosia idolmaster event that had the twins piloting a new robot.

AKB0048, Xenoglossia, Symphogear, and Delta.

Dispatch nothing but idols all day every day.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caphi posted:

The only freebie stage Ange gets is Bonta-kun's stage, which she has to share with Sosu- I mean, Bonta-kun. And that's only if you unlock it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

AKB0048, Xenoglossia, Symphogear, and Delta.

Dispatch nothing but idols all day every day.

gundam build fighters too

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

Kodai seems to never permanently join in the Zero unless it's a secret or something and I can't imagine why you'd want it since lacking him would massively crippled the Yamato spell-wise.

I'm not saying I want the Cosmo Zero, I'm asking if Kodai's guest deploys are anything but a waste of anyone's time. I mean, he's not even a broken assist like Asakim.

Anyway, music takes: I'm still setting up my folder but I broadly like the usual ideas of using vocal versions for finishers, resurrecting some Mazinkaiser themes, and doing something semi-ironic with Dragon (the Shin vs Neo theme) for the Getters again. Since I'm not using any Aestivalises, I can't decide whether to stick the Nadesico with Schiaparelli Project (like in W) or You Get To Burning (as J). Can't think of any themes in this game I really hate out of the box, though.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I've kept Ange (and everybody else from that show) away from the battlefield out of sheer loathing, and I know for a fact it's cost me TAC points.

My primary recommendation for making her useful: Spiral Effector. Ignore Size and Barrier Buster, with +CQB damage as icing. It's way better on the QAN[T], though.

33 missions in, and my top aces are Soji, Maito, Akito, Kappei, Okita. Akito in particular has been an engine of death since he can reliably pierce barriers and comes with Potential 9. Black Selena's custom bonus lets you spam finishers endlessly, IFS gives huge boosts if you up his Focus limit, he's fast as gently caress, Distortion Fields are great (and even better once Potential kicks in), and he gets a better version of Kappei's Ace bonus. Change his music to Let's Go Geki-Ganger III and you've got a winner.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I had to change the SEED Destiny people music because holy poo poo its so loud. Cross Ange too. Velt was my first ace because for some reason everyone wants to murder the Huckebein. He doesn't shut up about the Red Baron in his convo. Might or Banjo are going to be next aces because free TacP and hopefully free money is good as hell and they're good. I really liked the crossover with Banjo and the Martian Successors and Hokushin! That whole thing was really good!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

EthanSteele posted:

I had to change the SEED Destiny people music because holy poo poo its so loud. Cross Ange too. Velt was my first ace because for some reason everyone wants to murder the Huckebein. He doesn't shut up about the Red Baron in his convo. Might or Banjo are going to be next aces because free TacP and hopefully free money is good as hell and they're good. I really liked the crossover with Banjo and the Martian Successors and Hokushin! That whole thing was really good!

Wait, Banjou gives free TacP too? Well crap, guess I need to deploy him also.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Levantine posted:

Wait, Banjou gives free TacP too? Well crap, guess I need to deploy him also.

No, he just gives 30K money.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Inferno-sama posted:

No, he just gives 30K money.

Oh, well money is good too so I guess he gets a slot!

Edit: Does SRW Z3 have a soundtrack? I really want that version of Mobile Suit for my custom soundtracks since as far as I can tell it wasn't included in this one.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 1, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

Edit: Does SRW Z3 have a soundtrack? I really want that version of Mobile Suit for my custom soundtracks since as far as I can tell it wasn't included in this one.

Well, he's also Banjo, one of the greatest characters in the entire series.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Ange should not be way behind because she is a flying ball of rage, murder, and sharp knives. (And murdering battleships with machinegun fire, which will never get old.)

God, the things I'd get up to if I could throw any pilot in any unit. Doubly so if we include the whole OG set.

Ange in the Personlichkeit would be the best ball of violence and blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Levantine posted:

Yeah Banjo's ace bonus is basically him liquidating some of his big rich boy things and giving it to you, its good as hell, especially now the money sub order doesn't scale with level like it did in Z2 and 3.

I believe Z3 does have a soundtrack available, but here's a youtube video with the song for you.

• Locked thread