Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Ehhhh it's a one month old account with only two posts, both of which are in the refund subreddit. I'm not saying it's a false flag (and it doesn't really matter if it is) but it might be.

Then again could just be someone who made an alt account to announce their refund so their main account doesn't get burned.

Yeah, that was my theory as well.

Also, not every backer has a Reddit account. Heck, I hear from people all the time who didn't even have a Twitter account, but created one so they could DM me questions about how to get a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PapaKonzan/status/836929418538921984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecXp__ka9dc&t=2394s

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

I would like to live one of my favourite science fiction movies Silent Running. Can I buy a ship that I can fill with trees and then murder my friends to save the trees

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I quite enjoyed Sunshine. How many commandos wanna bomb a star with me? No sun worshipers plz.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Tarquinn posted:

Well, to be fair, nothing compares to Star Citizen when it comes to vision. You can do anything in StarCitizen. Anything at all. The only limit is yourself. Welcome ... to StarCitzen. You can do ... anything in StarCitizen. The infinite is possible in StarCitizen. The unattainable is unknown in StarCitizen.

You can also have sex with your spaceship.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

I would like to live one of my favourite science fiction movies Silent Running. Can I buy a ship that I can fill with trees and then murder my friends to save the trees

For the bargain price of $350*.

Research Unbound : the MISC Endeavor

*Price might not include all modules

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Next purchase is a racing drone. It's so cool and I want to get into it.

I was also looking into this but im dropping a lot of money on a switch, amiibo, a pro controller and the master edition for zelda botw so this wont happen for me anytime soon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

All the wubstep in the world can't make this feel intense

And I guess an empty sports arena is the best place to host these races, since nobody will be inside watching them

they're into stimpire technology though

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqB4pX02ujM

:eyepop:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I only watched the beginning of that vid before I posted it, the start and end are good the middle is boring as gently caress

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

It even references Star Citizen when the mission giver says 'with the money you've donated to us, we have produced biowaste'...

Roflan fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 1, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

All that high end critical mocap, like a dude mopping a floor

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Roflan posted:

It even references Star Citizen when the mission giver says 'with you money you've donated to us, we have produced biowaste'...

:discourse:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

But how well will it serve Chris? :grin:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

makes me sad to be a conservative :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

doingitwrong posted:

The game is basically finished but because of the unfaithfulness of the UNBELIEVERS our savior Roberts in his mercy and wisdom has withheld it until such a time as the world can be brought to enlightenment. The game will be finished when we're ready and we are not ready.

Still your tongues of complaints and lies. Can't you see that you are only delaying things for everyone? I have seen thing you wouldn't believe. I have been to the Fourth Stimpire. I have tasted the flesh. Hush now. Remove your tongues. Come, let me show you the light, let it change you as it has changed me.

Chris gauges public opinion daily. He climbs out of bed and licks his finger after walking into the second story patio of his mansion. He holds this finger aloft, checking to make sure his shadow just barely touches his parked custom Porsche, for optimum gauging.

He waits, then curls his silk robe tighter around him and says, "Not enough belief. Star Citizens get nothing today. Instead I will book my monthly vacation." And clicks his tongue and shakes his head sadly.

If only there could be more belief. If only.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Goobs posted:

makes me sad to be a conservative :(

that's not what makes you sad.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wuxi posted:

"In stock" is still the funniest thing about Star Citizen, right next to "Ben Lesnick, Developer", "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian"

You must not remember the "horse armor crash" during Oblivion when Bethesda ran out of horse armor to sell to people. Thousands... millions of people... desperate for horse armor had to be turned away. Many horses died that day.

Star Citizen: Killing Horses without DLC Armor

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

I wonder what the hell these people think "has physics" means. As if physics were something you scoop out of a jar and smear all over your monitor. It's all just a simulation. The developers decide what to model and how accurately depending on level of detail they want to create, the amount of processing power available, and how they'd like the game to 'feel'.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Can't do The Last Starfighter. That movie featured a finished and working game. :shrug:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

For the bargain price of $350*.

Research Unbound : the MISC Endeavor

*Price might not include all modules

Imagine if you will commando, the stress of the Sims to keep your avatar from pissing their pants, the stress of farming and figuring out how to actually grow a crop instead of just crash tractors into other tractors, all combined with the stress that at any moment your entire farm could be attacked by other players or NPCs.

I'm sure cig has this all thought out and how you can fly through space and farm for hours unmolested while also at the same time somebody not farming can be attacked and have fun flying through space at the same time. It's all just, you know. Code on these ideas and math and things and ... oh sandworm in your farm ship!!!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nicholas posted:

I wonder what the hell these people think "has physics" means. As if physics were something you scoop out of a jar and smear all over your monitor. It's all just a simulation. The developers decide what to model and how accurately depending on level of detail they want to create, the amount of processing power available, and how they'd like the game to 'feel'.

Well you see in Star Citizen every single thruster and jet is modeled and realistically apples real world physics to your movement.
Not in the current edition of course (What we have currently is ships flying around in no clip mode). But when it all gets released in version 4.0 it will be game changing.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Nicholas posted:

If the nut that hold the lamp tied to the bedside table can't clear off because of the vibrations of the ship, there is no physics.
CHECK RAKE GOONIUS.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I had to google trad 5 terms for my previous post. Please appreciate it with a good wine.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AmznLumberyard/status/837016050856153088

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

I misread it as "Stop by and fake control".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Imagine if you will commando, the stress of the Sims to keep your avatar from pissing their pants, the stress of farming and figuring out how to actually grow a crop instead of just crash tractors into other tractors, all combined with the stress that at any moment your entire farm could be attacked by other players or NPCs.

I'm sure cig has this all thought out and how you can fly through space and farm for hours unmolested while also at the same time somebody not farming can be attacked and have fun flying through space at the same time. It's all just, you know. Code on these ideas and math and things and ... oh sandworm in your farm ship!!!

Forget that. I am just going to pony up the cash for the FarmBot Xtreeme Pack, along with the WiseCracker Personality Pack for them, so while they farm they can say bad things about Derek.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

that was pretty nice of them. hopefully it helps that guy stay positive throughout his cancer treatment.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Sounds like a good friend. Get well soon, kid.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

I only watched the beginning of that vid before I posted it, the start and end are good the middle is boring as gently caress

Obsidian Ant could read the phonebook and it would still be more interesting than Start Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Are you trying to rear end me?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Early adopter :suicide:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dr. Smart, don't you think you take the reverse the verse trolling too far ? Let him die so he doesn't spread his genes.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lladre posted:

that's not what makes you sad.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Can't do The Last Starfighter. That movie featured a finished and working game. :shrug:

Don't you dare talk that way about Battlestar Galactica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a genuinely nice thing. I'm glad they did this. Good job, CIG. :3: