Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
the feels when you get a guaranteed switch from gamestop just for giving the mgr your sister's number

feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

the feels when you get a guaranteed switch from gamestop just for giving the mgr your sister's number

feels good

I too would sell my sister to the sperg men for 1 Nintenblow

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol, brb gonna buy 4 lovely non backlit game boy advance to play a lovely diablo clone. Also zelda 4 swords.

Hey man, that's why I said if.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dear sister, suck the Game manager's dick so I can save the princess, Zelda of legend

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress it I don't gotta see his dick

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Why not!!??

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Lol 6.7 why don't you just buy a loving Ouya?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

if you have to ask, that person already has one. engraved package and all.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Batterypowered7 posted:

Hey man, that's why I said if.

Yes, and obviously Nintendo is still the dumpster of money that is peripheral tech. Base cost is 300, but actual cost including one game is like $500. Memory card, controller, game, and power adapter not included. Ps4 slim is like $300 with a game on amazon. At least the game cube was only 200.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

Gamecube was easily the best nintendo console, they should make a gamecube U.

ban plz mods

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was really cool and innovative for its time. It's a shame SE will never make a real modern sequel with the same multiplayer concept.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a bone to pick posted:

Gamecube was easily the best nintendo console, they should make a gamecube U.

they did it was called the Wii

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

they did it was called the Wii

I had one of those but it sucked, the only good game was super mario galaxy

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

a bone to pick posted:

I had one of those but it sucked, the only good game was super mario galaxy

Someone never played escape from bug island

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

im gonna boot up this fuckin epic zelda tomorrow night at 1:32 am and marvel at the first 100/100 rated game of all time, and then 10 minutes later turn it off because its still a dumb rear end crayon pissfest and sucks rear end, thanks again shitguru myassmoto

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

shitguru myassmoto

Mods please, name change

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lol, Nintendo. All you gotta do is fuckin' release a console with decent specs, then you get 3rd party support and everyone will buy it because Nintendo games are good, and if people can get their call of doody and their battlefield aswell it's a compelling product. Instead we get this lovely garbage underpowered tablet that's gonna have like one good game a year and is absolutely not a compelling product. It's so loving easy, why do they do this

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

*hears "wide variety of games"*
*closes video, smh*

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

im gonna boot up this fuckin epic zelda tomorrow night at 1:32 am and marvel at the first 100/100 rated game of all time, and then 10 minutes later turn it off because its still a dumb rear end crayon pissfest and sucks rear end, thanks again shitguru myassmoto

Mods, please change my username to dumb rear end crayon pissfest

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the wii sucked rear end something royal

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Bardeh posted:

Lol, Nintendo. All you gotta do is fuckin' release a console with decent specs, then you get 3rd party support and everyone will buy it because Nintendo games are good, and if people can get their call of doody and their battlefield aswell it's a compelling product. Instead we get this lovely garbage underpowered tablet that's gonna have like one good game a year and is absolutely not a compelling product. It's so loving easy, why do they do this

It's really the dumbest loving thing. Even if they were in love with their dumb loving gimmicks, they could still hedge their bets by
having rough parity with the big consoles and still have their gimmicks as an added feature to incentivise sales.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol that the best Nintendo system in the last 5+ years is the Nintendo Raspberry Pi

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

omg its a loving piece of poo poo lmfao, their brand new game barely hits 30fps and the desync issue is even worse than previously thought.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's really the dumbest loving thing. Even if they were in love with their dumb loving gimmicks, they could still hedge their bets by
having rough parity with the big consoles and still have their gimmicks as an added feature to incentivise sales.

they learned the completely wrong lesson from the wii. before then, all their consoles were basically normal, bugshit controllers notwithstanding. the wii sold like hell on the strength of its gimmick, but people only realized it was dumb bullshit that played like trash after it'd sold a bazillion units. then the wiiu came which was a gimmick in itself, though a somewhat more workable one than the wii. Never mind the weird brand confusion in calling that thing the wiiu.

I figure they dont want to get into the weird power arms race that's cropped up between sony and MS, but gently caress. somebody somewhere in that multinational corporation must know that motion controls are garbage and always have been.

the fact that they wont make a good metroid game and instead double down on crap like ARMS tells you all you need to know about nintendo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm prolly gonna buy it for zelda tbh

metroid sucks and the wii was dope because smash bros

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

i'm prolly gonna buy it for zelda tbh

metroid sucks and the wii was dope because smash bros

if ur just buying it for zelda why not get the cheaper nintendo failure: the wiiwu

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i already have a wii u too lol

idk 'cuz i'm a stupid consumer :shrug:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
If spending $300 on a Switch on a video game console is breaking the bank for you, then you have more problems than posting in GBS about it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Like, I want to play Zelda real bad, it looks awesome and I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. Sure, it's a sub 30fps 900p game in 2017, but I'm sure it'll still be fun. But I won't because :lol: I'm not buying a WiiU and the Switch is a piece of crap that won't have any games.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Like, I want to play Zelda real bad, it looks awesome and I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. Sure, it's a sub 30fps 900p game in 2017, but I'm sure it'll still be fun. But I won't because :lol: I'm not buying a WiiU and the Switch is a piece of crap that won't have any games.

so buy it, play it, and sell it for, like, 20 bucks less. or dont??

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
actually I take it all back because motherfuckin Vroom in the Night Sky is a launch title. nintendo really securing these sick exclusives outta nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmZIIk9VQQ

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bardeh posted:

actually I take it all back because motherfuckin Vroom in the Night Sky is a launch title. nintendo really securing these sick exclusives outta nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmZIIk9VQQ

this will be great for the creepy nintendo fan itt that jacks off to loli hentai

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The issue is that Nintendo insists on profiting from hardware, so they release underpowered crap for too much money. Also, having one notable game at launch is a disaster. If this thing was half the price, and had a dozen classic game IPs at launch, it'd sell like hotcakes. Was the portability really necessary? They're cannibalizing their business.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You don't need 30 FPS. Your brain can't even handle more than 24. Learn maths!!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I resent the switch because nintendo handhelds are basically the best part of nintendo and now because they've made a hybrid that isn't very good at being a console (power) or a handheld (portability and battery life) they're probably gonna double down on this design and not release an actually good handheld for another cycle of consoles.

Hopefully someone at nintendo gets the incredibly obvious idea of making a "Switch-lite" or something that gives up on doing both at once, shrinks it, gives it a longer battery life, and takes away the disconnecting controller gimmick.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

Hopefully someone at nintendo gets the incredibly obvious idea of making a "Switch-lite" or something that gives up on doing both at once, shrinks it, gives it a longer battery life, and takes away the disconnecting controller gimmick.

Yeah it's called a PS Vita and it's a piece of poo poo that nobody wants

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

I resent the switch because nintendo handhelds are basically the best part of nintendo and now because they've made a hybrid that isn't very good at being a console (power) or a handheld (portability and battery life) they're probably gonna double down on this design and not release an actually good handheld for another cycle of consoles.

it has the same battery life as the 3ds hth

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://youtu.be/8JV8v7WC6Ck

Why did this deserve a video? The other consoles have been doing this for ages.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of looking in the Games thread is when people talk about how they're going to buy some lovely indie game for the third time because now they can play it on some new piece of trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe i'll wait and see if someone buys it for my gf first

• Locked thread