Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

i get this reference

it's not a reference. allo literally can only be used by a user on a single device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

it's not a reference. allo literally can only be used by a user on a single device
that's the reference

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

oh i thought you were referencing the one device limit on blackberry messenger

lmao did google hire the original bbm devs or something?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Cold on a Cob posted:

oh i thought you were referencing the one device limit on blackberry messenger

lmao did google hire the original bbm devs or something?
the original android device was a blackberry clone until the iphone came out, and some of the first android phones (e.g. nexus one) kept the trackball

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

all did for a fairly long time, i believe it was part of the requirements (along with the physical buttons and multicolor led) for a fair while

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

jogwheels and multicolor indicator leds were good though, the bad kind of aping apple going on in letting those go

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

anthonypants posted:

the original android device was a blackberry clone until the iphone came out, and some of the first android phones (e.g. nexus one) kept the trackball

no, the original android device was a symbian s60 clone. and most early models were simply symbian or windows mobile devices that ran android instead.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

no no no allo is for consumers. hangouts is for enterprise. wait no meet is for enterprise. hangouts is for consumers since no one uses allo

you got your consumers in my enterprise!

you got your enterprise in my consumers!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sapozhnik posted:

God I wish Signal would hurry up and get video chat support already

Then it's uh.. a simple matter of getting everybody you're friends with to use it. Good luck with that lol

it has it already though?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

March 15

"As of April 1, 2017, we will be sunsetting the fire pole due to lack of use. Please ensure that you update your building navigation habits accordingly, as the pole will be replaced by a 42-inch open hole. Thanks for the ride."

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the only time a google rod will penetrate a hole

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
its a mcintire brass works incorporated rod

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Athletic Footjob posted:

that is the worst thing ive ever read and ive read my posts

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Triglav posted:

its a mcintire brass works incorporated rod
in rod we trust

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slgt skal flge slgters gang

im the misdrilled hole

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

poz the goog hole

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I would love to sit at the bar where all the contractors go after installing the google fireman pole.

"Yeah we had to get a 24" bit from the industrial guys to core through the concrete floor. So loving stupid. We charged them double though so hopefully none of those dumbasses break an ankle and we can get more cash out of them"

"The worst part was the employees, kept asking us stupid loving questions about manhole covers, something about AB testing the commoners"

"Goddamn so loving stupid, I wonder if I should pay off my medical bills or try to keep my mom from losing her house with this pile of money. loving Googlers"

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao a new messenger

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my favourite is how they had it for all of 3 weeks before the building inspector discovered it and was like "what the gently caress?"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sagebrush posted:

March 15

"As of April 1, 2017, we will be sunsetting the fire pole due to popular adoption as the industry standard

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
pixel is here today :woop:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the biggest joke is that their new york office already had a fireman's pole

as usual boston is just catching up

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the biggest joke is that their new york office already had a fireman's pole

as usual boston is just catching up

does it? ive never heard of that. i thought there was just the ladder from 4-5

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

graph posted:

like theyre literally shipping datacenter-in-a-box rn

https://www.emc.com/en-us/converged-infrastructure/vxrail/index.htm

I really don't like vsan stuff but storage is becoming such a minor line item in the total cost of the stack that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and go with it on our next gen of hardware. This poo poo is seriously nice and so so dense.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
figures that googlers have a lot of experience touching poles

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I really don't like vsan stuff but storage is becoming such a minor line item in the total cost of the stack that I'll probably have to bite the bullet and go with it on our next gen of hardware. This poo poo is seriously nice and so so dense.

yep

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Wild EEPROM posted:

figures that googlers have a lot of experience touching poles

whats wrong with touching poles

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
not gonna make an rt thread but google's cloud conference starts tomorrow. there'll be some big announcements i'm sure. unban cremnob for a day or two tia.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

does it? ive never heard of that. i thought there was just the ladder from 4-5

it's inside the chelsea market office, not 111 8th

it's dopey as gently caress. it's surrounded by safety poo poo and connects the corner of a cafeteria to office space so there's no loving reason anyone would ever want to use it

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the best/worst thing about google nyc offices is that every food space has that awful cafeteria smell

i guess it doesn't matter how much money you spend on chefs and beef and poo poo, if you are cranking out meals for hundreds of people to eat in a common space, yo poo poo is gonna smell like a cafeteria

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i got a pixel and it's good.

not nexus 5 good but good.

it's v slippery tho

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

which phones are directly patched by google these days?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

which phones are directly patched by google these days?
Are any of them? I thought it was still the carriers' responsibility.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
pixels and ostensibly what remains of the nexus line?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

The nexus's do, I know that, but there was also a program a while ago where OEMs could build devices with stock android and also pull updates straight from google bypassing the carrier. I'm guessing that died, though

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
apparently home depot is a google cloud technology company.

https://cloudnext.withgoogle.com/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The nexus's do, I know that, but there was also a program a while ago where OEMs could build devices with stock android and also pull updates straight from google bypassing the carrier. I'm guessing that died, though

you're thinking of either google play experience devices, which the oem still ran the updates for and was only ever for like three phones, or android one which still exists but only in like india (though there's supposedly some devices coming to the us later this year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
google cloud has some really cool apis, but their dashboard somehow managed to be worse than aws

• Locked thread