Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the local party level (like were talking county level) literally all you need to do to make a complete take over is get all of your friends to show up. That's it. Then work your way up from there to state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Lovable little Marco is in a real doozy this time

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

a favorite of elderly nazis

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Gonna be the last of this recap since it is getting too big. I'll figure something out to keep it going but I'll post month to month now

Recap
Immediately signed bill that makes it much harder for lower and middle income Americans to get a mortgage
Gave cabinet positions to key PAC donors
Appointed a Klansman attorney general
Sent Navy SEALS to do a mission in Yemen that Obama passed on due to lack of intel, which ended up being far more dangerous than thought, leading to dozens of civilians, a SEAL and an American 8yo dead. Also lost a $75mil chopper
Yemen tells US after we can’t run military through their airspace
Admitting Bannon tricked him into placing him on the NSC
Constant leaks from his own staff
Losing an entire department of senior State Dept personnel to mass resignation
Literally ignoring a major natural disaster with a dam collapse in California
Crashed a wedding with the loving Japanese PM
Discussed classified military intelligence in front of a crowd of civilians to look cool
Allowed unsecured phone cameras to be held over secret briefing docs
Insisting on using unsecured Android phone
Refusing to record calls with Putin
Lying about voter fraud since he feels insecure that he lost the popular vote bigly
Wife and son costing taxpayers $1 million per day to protect in their tower
Weekly visits to his lovely Florida resort costing $3 million per trip
Using the office of the president to advertise daughter’s failing clothing line
Refusing to fully divest from worldwide business holdings
Attempted to bar American citizens and green card holders from reentry into country due to being Muslim
Drove people in mass to protest and shut down airports across the country, leading to record ACLU donations
Having the Muslim Ban swiftly overturned by the courts
Not mentioning Jews during a loving holocaust remembrance
Strongly alluding to conspiring with a foreign govt to win the presidency
Telling federal law enforcement to ignore white supremacist groups which are now infiltrating our police depts. (according to the Intercept)
Allowing the FSB to operate more easily in the USA
Having national security advisor Flynn outed as a Russian stooge despite being told a month before taking the office that he was compromised
Told Flynn to resign because he lied to VP Pence that he hadn’t talked to the ambassador about sanctions
Secret Service Director resigns
NYT and CNN reports Trump’s campaign had many discussions with Russian intelligence
Kellyanne Conway gets blackballed from many news shows because of constant lying
CEO of Carl Jr revokes his shot at Labor Sec because Oprah released vid of his wife talking about him beating her
Trump turned back opposition to One China policy, and magically got a trademark for his brand in China that he fought years to get
Signs bill allowing coal companies to dump pollution into water sources because why not
Does insane 77 minute press conference on which he claims he isn’t ranting and raving. Goes on rants about Hillary, Uranium being dangerous and stuff, tells a Jewish man he asked an unfair question when asked if he would say something to stop anti semitism, and presumes a black reporter knows how to get in contact with the black caucus.
Report says Flynn lied to FBI about contents of the phone calls with the Russian ambassador, and he did actually talk about sanctions with Russia
FOX NEWS reports Trump was briefed on Flynn’s call to the ambassador, which means Trump ordered the call, or told Flynn to lie to Pence, or both
Picks a new national security advisor and he refuses
AP leaks draft memo stating National Guard being used to “round up” undocumented immigrants
Trump declares the media the enemy of the American people except Fox and Friends which are really nice
Audio tapes leak of Trump selling off access to sit in on interviews with potential cabinet members
Holds first campaign rally of 2020 at day 30 of his Presidency in 2017. Cause that is normal. Invites clearly deranged fan on stage unchecked my secret service.
Lies about a terrorist attack in Sweden that never happened
In 30 days in office, spent six full days playing golf
Started calling his Florida resort Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House” but realized he still would like to go to it every weekend so changed it to “Southern White House”
Gets rejected by UK parliament to visit and speak
Named Lt Gen HR McMaster as the Director of the National Security Council, no one in the NSC was alerted about it until the news broke. Also apparently since he is in active duty, he could not decline.
Politico reports staff has to give Trump positive reports from right wing sites and blogs to keep his spirits up or else he lashes out on Twitter
Reverses Obama policy on Transgenders not getting bashed for trying to take a poo poo
Bannon and Preibus had a interview at CPAC in which Bannon, in his own words, vowed a daily battle for the “deconstructive of the administrative state”
Spicer indicates that Trump admin may crack down on states with loose marijuana laws
CNN reports that the White House asked the FBI to tell reporters that the investigations against Trump/Dossier/Russia were not happening and they declined
Additional reporting showed Trump OK’d the Yemeni raid over dinner with Bannon and his son-in-law, and was not in the situation room during the raid. He was also tweeting during it (tweets later deleted)
Trump speaks at CPAC, says nothing except “We’re all Americans, no matter what color we bleed”
Spicer doesn’t let CNN, NYT, BBC and others into a private press briefing
DHS spiked a report after the Trump admin said it didn’t like its findings, which was the Muslim ban was worthless
Trump asked for a different study that shows it would be benefical. Someone tell leaked the original report to the AP.
Trump admin enlisted Sen Burr and Rep Nunes, who are on Senate and House intelligence committees, to tell the media there was nothing to the Russia ties
Trump declined to go to the White House Correspondents Dinner because they hurt his fee fees
Trump said “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.” in a healthcare forum (everyone did)
Proposes adding $56 billion in federal defense spending
NBC News reports the Yemen raid brought no significant intelligence to be useful. The SEAL who passed’s father wants an investigation
Gizmodo gets recorded audio of Trump wanting a 10% tariff on all imported good, which would be put directly on consumers
Spicer has started checking staff phones to find the leakers, was asked to do so by Trump
On Fox and Friends, Trump blames protests on Obama, the raid on Obama , gave himself an A for effort on his job
Trump, on a call to PA attorney general, implies that Jews are desecrating their own graveyards and calling in bomb threats for sympathy?
DeVos remarks on how historically black colleges and universities are "pioneers of school choice." (they had no choice)
NEWT GINGRICH calls for an independent investigation on Trump’s Russia ties
Letter from Don Jr comes out confirming relationship with Russian mob
WaPo reports the FBI took the dossier so seriously weeks before the election, it planned to pay the British spy for it
Trump delivers his statement to congress (the not-SOTU) and gives a mostly benign 70 minute speech. Highlights include VOICE (tattle on your immigrant neighbors to get them arrested) and using Navy SEAL Ryan’s widow as political exploitation. Pundits call him Presidental and everyone is happy lol we are doomed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

At the local party level (like were talking county level) literally all you need to do to make a complete take over is get all of your friends to show up. That's it. Then work your way up from there to state.

... friends ?.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:eyepop:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

For real

That sucked for elian

Word. VOICE gonna suck for a whole lot of Elians.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Who the gently caress is the God family, like the people Zeus hangs out with

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Today's a good day to remember how Trump wanted his Presidential responsibilities to play out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html?_r=1

quote:

But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

Making a vague speech and the press eating it up and calling him Presidential is heaven for Trump. He must be ecstatic and thinking this whole President thing might not be so bad after all.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

quote:

John Caparulo did something a lot of comedians are doing -- busted on President Trump -- but this time a woman in the front row quickly and violently retaliated on Trump's behalf.
John -- who was a regular on Chelsea Handler's show -- was performing stand-up at The Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, CA. He made a phallic joke about the Washington Monument, and when he dragged the prez into it ... 2 women in the crowd went off.
One of them hurled f-bombs, the other upped the ante by launching her glass at him. You can tell, John was shocked and slightly injured -- he came really close to retaliating.
We're told the women left the club without any further incident.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/01/john-caparulo-attacked-trump-supporter/

Somebody tell me what the joke was pretty please, can't listen right now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Subtle attention to detail here very nice

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

The exact Boston suburb I live in is 90% old people and I'd love to do this but all my friends live across the Allston border so it'd be me vs the oldster horde

My polling place is an old folks' home. I early-voted this year, and my early voting place is a different old folks' home.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:lol:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius posted:

... friends ?.

Or political action group of choice. This is were grassroots organizing is most important and Bernie people are really good at it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/836984864947777536

whops

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Feminasty Slut posted:

Cats and dogs are priceless friends who should probably cost more than people because people are garbage. Adopt some pets and annoy them with garbage human hugs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This made my day :)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

:eyepoop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jfc

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

loquacius posted:

The exact Boston suburb I live in is 90% old people and I'd love to do this but all my friends live across the Allston border so it'd be me vs the oldster horde

My polling place is an old folks' home. I early-voted this year, and my early voting place is a different old folks' home.

Just threaten to take away their matlock or something

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

DryGoods posted:

Today's a good day to remember how Trump wanted his Presidential responsibilities to play out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html?_r=1

Making a vague speech and the press eating it up and calling him Presidential is heaven for Trump. He must be ecstatic and thinking this whole President thing might not be so bad after all.

I used to think that Kasich offer was Trump's way of saying "I don't care about actually doing the job of president".

Now I think in retrospect it was another of Trump's empty promises. I'm sure he made the offer to Pence, and then stuck him somewhere out of the way once they got to Washington. What's Pence going to do about it, call the Better Business Bureau?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

:shittypop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"accidentally"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

mastershakeman posted:

thats a girl who's dtf if i've ever seen one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maybe he meant Down on The Floor?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

is this how khajit get made?

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Smh if you don't just buy your $2000 dog from a reputable breeder

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:lsd:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:vince:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

CortezFantastic posted:

Gonna be the last of this recap since it is getting too big. I'll figure something out to keep it going but I'll post month to month now

Recap
Immediately signed bill that makes it much harder for lower and middle income Americans to get a mortgage
Gave cabinet positions to key PAC donors
Appointed a Klansman attorney general
Sent Navy SEALS to do a mission in Yemen that Obama passed on due to lack of intel, which ended up being far more dangerous than thought, leading to dozens of civilians, a SEAL and an American 8yo dead. Also lost a $75mil chopper
Yemen tells US after we can’t run military through their airspace
Admitting Bannon tricked him into placing him on the NSC
Constant leaks from his own staff
Losing an entire department of senior State Dept personnel to mass resignation
Literally ignoring a major natural disaster with a dam collapse in California
Crashed a wedding with the loving Japanese PM
Discussed classified military intelligence in front of a crowd of civilians to look cool
Allowed unsecured phone cameras to be held over secret briefing docs
Insisting on using unsecured Android phone
Refusing to record calls with Putin
Lying about voter fraud since he feels insecure that he lost the popular vote bigly
Wife and son costing taxpayers $1 million per day to protect in their tower
Weekly visits to his lovely Florida resort costing $3 million per trip
Using the office of the president to advertise daughter’s failing clothing line
Refusing to fully divest from worldwide business holdings
Attempted to bar American citizens and green card holders from reentry into country due to being Muslim
Drove people in mass to protest and shut down airports across the country, leading to record ACLU donations
Having the Muslim Ban swiftly overturned by the courts
Not mentioning Jews during a loving holocaust remembrance
Strongly alluding to conspiring with a foreign govt to win the presidency
Telling federal law enforcement to ignore white supremacist groups which are now infiltrating our police depts. (according to the Intercept)
Allowing the FSB to operate more easily in the USA
Having national security advisor Flynn outed as a Russian stooge despite being told a month before taking the office that he was compromised
Told Flynn to resign because he lied to VP Pence that he hadn’t talked to the ambassador about sanctions
Secret Service Director resigns
NYT and CNN reports Trump’s campaign had many discussions with Russian intelligence
Kellyanne Conway gets blackballed from many news shows because of constant lying
CEO of Carl Jr revokes his shot at Labor Sec because Oprah released vid of his wife talking about him beating her
Trump turned back opposition to One China policy, and magically got a trademark for his brand in China that he fought years to get
Signs bill allowing coal companies to dump pollution into water sources because why not
Does insane 77 minute press conference on which he claims he isn’t ranting and raving. Goes on rants about Hillary, Uranium being dangerous and stuff, tells a Jewish man he asked an unfair question when asked if he would say something to stop anti semitism, and presumes a black reporter knows how to get in contact with the black caucus.
Report says Flynn lied to FBI about contents of the phone calls with the Russian ambassador, and he did actually talk about sanctions with Russia
FOX NEWS reports Trump was briefed on Flynn’s call to the ambassador, which means Trump ordered the call, or told Flynn to lie to Pence, or both
Picks a new national security advisor and he refuses
AP leaks draft memo stating National Guard being used to “round up†undocumented immigrants
Trump declares the media the enemy of the American people except Fox and Friends which are really nice
Audio tapes leak of Trump selling off access to sit in on interviews with potential cabinet members
Holds first campaign rally of 2020 at day 30 of his Presidency in 2017. Cause that is normal. Invites clearly deranged fan on stage unchecked my secret service.
Lies about a terrorist attack in Sweden that never happened
In 30 days in office, spent six full days playing golf
Started calling his Florida resort Mar-a-Lago the “Winter White House†but realized he still would like to go to it every weekend so changed it to “Southern White Houseâ€
Gets rejected by UK parliament to visit and speak
Named Lt Gen HR McMaster as the Director of the National Security Council, no one in the NSC was alerted about it until the news broke. Also apparently since he is in active duty, he could not decline.
Politico reports staff has to give Trump positive reports from right wing sites and blogs to keep his spirits up or else he lashes out on Twitter
Reverses Obama policy on Transgenders not getting bashed for trying to take a poo poo
Bannon and Preibus had a interview at CPAC in which Bannon, in his own words, vowed a daily battle for the “deconstructive of the administrative stateâ€
Spicer indicates that Trump admin may crack down on states with loose marijuana laws
CNN reports that the White House asked the FBI to tell reporters that the investigations against Trump/Dossier/Russia were not happening and they declined
Additional reporting showed Trump OK’d the Yemeni raid over dinner with Bannon and his son-in-law, and was not in the situation room during the raid. He was also tweeting during it (tweets later deleted)
Trump speaks at CPAC, says nothing except “We’re all Americans, no matter what color we bleedâ€
Spicer doesn’t let CNN, NYT, BBC and others into a private press briefing
DHS spiked a report after the Trump admin said it didn’t like its findings, which was the Muslim ban was worthless
Trump asked for a different study that shows it would be benefical. Someone tell leaked the original report to the AP.
Trump admin enlisted Sen Burr and Rep Nunes, who are on Senate and House intelligence committees, to tell the media there was nothing to the Russia ties
Trump declined to go to the White House Correspondents Dinner because they hurt his fee fees
Trump said “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.†in a healthcare forum (everyone did)
Proposes adding $56 billion in federal defense spending
NBC News reports the Yemen raid brought no significant intelligence to be useful. The SEAL who passed’s father wants an investigation
Gizmodo gets recorded audio of Trump wanting a 10% tariff on all imported good, which would be put directly on consumers
Spicer has started checking staff phones to find the leakers, was asked to do so by Trump
On Fox and Friends, Trump blames protests on Obama, the raid on Obama , gave himself an A for effort on his job
Trump, on a call to PA attorney general, implies that Jews are desecrating their own graveyards and calling in bomb threats for sympathy?
DeVos remarks on how historically black colleges and universities are "pioneers of school choice." (they had no choice)
NEWT GINGRICH calls for an independent investigation on Trump’s Russia ties
Letter from Don Jr comes out confirming relationship with Russian mob
WaPo reports the FBI took the dossier so seriously weeks before the election, it planned to pay the British spy for it
Trump delivers his statement to congress (the not-SOTU) and gives a mostly benign 70 minute speech. Highlights include VOICE (tattle on your immigrant neighbors to get them arrested) and using Navy SEAL Ryan’s widow as political exploitation. Pundits call him Presidental and everyone is happy lol we are doomed

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/capitalweather/status/837024077156126729

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

you loving monster

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

well bought and remotely installing torment so i hope its good lastgirl

Remotely installing? what a badass. also, same.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Smh if you don't just buy your $2000 dog from a reputable breeder

For real though no Yorkie should cost you 2 grand. Shop around for breeders a little, come on people.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah, 401k's are useless. it's better to, if you can, store money until you can buy something like land.

edit: useless for the general public, given that they are so connected to the volatility of the market. i know quite a few olds that got turbofucked in 2008/2009 because they were 63 and just about ready to retire. lol, no, get back to work.

The US treasury sells Roth IRAs now if you're interested in setting up a retirement account that isn't stock-market based. They're US savings bonds that will probably stay good until the US turns into a smoking crater. No fees! Check it out myRa.gov

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
lol amazing heard on NPR that ICE raided two busses of farm workers looking for two guys they didn't find but pulled 11 others, 7 with no criminal record, and gonna deport them all. TRUMP!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol as I said, that pivot media mouthfeel

• Locked thread