Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vox Nihili posted:

The PWC partner tasked with handing out the envelope (Brian Cullinan) was tweeting a picture of Emma Stone instead of focusing on his job (that tweet was deleted during the cleanup). He subsequently handed out the wrong envelope. He still had his copy of the Best Actress envelope on hand because the other partner had handed her copy to Emma Stone--they position one set of envelopes on each side of the stage. I know this because the partner who hosed up sent an internal memo accepting blame to many of the employees at PWC, several of whom I know personally.

It's a big debacle for the company and a huge PR scandal for them.

Shot happens, it's funny and cool and did no lasting harm, all those nerds need to chillax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

chapo isn't lf, redkahina is

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Wtf is Chapo Trap House? The new Alex Jones?

3 white thirty somethings talking about leftism lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Have they released an herbal vitality supplement yet?

this better be a reference to Cernovich's nootropic supplement, "Gorilla Mind Smooth"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Actual photo of Trapo Chap House

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Buca di Bepis posted:

Erasing women and POC isn't cool, do better please

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

which lf superstars were they, this is important

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nonsense posted:

which lf superstars were they, this is important

Red Ken, Heebie-gbs, and Maggotmaster

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/01/homeless-cruise-ship-greg-gopman-san-francisco

quote:

Greg Gopman is a technology entrepreneur with a solution for San Francisco’s homelessness crisis. It is not your usual shelter or affordable housing. It is a cruise ship.

Docked in the bay, it could house as many as 500 homeless people. Some of its funding will come from renting cabins on Airbnb – or, as Gopman calls it, Shipbnb.

quote:

Gopman, 33, is from Miami and has lived in San Francisco since 2011. Although he does not try to make light of his Facebook comments, in a recent interview at a San Francisco cafe he said they were prompted partly by his own “traumas”: seeing a woman with diarrhea relieve herself, walking past people he described as drug dealers who would “bully” him. “I only saw one side of it at the time,” he said. “That boy didn’t know what this man knows now.”

After his public lambasting, it was hard for people to see him as “not poisonous”. He went to Burning Man (where “everyone is accepted and there’s no shame”) and immersed himself in homelessness issues. “I felt like I owed a debt,” he said. He volunteered, organized a town hall event, and came up with an off-the-wall solution involving geodesic domes.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
why the gently caress would a bunch of homeless people want to live on a ship?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
crab leg buffet

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

that is clearly an elaborate revenge hes planned to get back at all the people who made fun of him. one night that ship is going to mysteriously disappear off the coast and never be found again

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the giardia variations

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

why the gently caress would a bunch of homeless people want to live on a ship?

Why would anyone not want to live on a ship?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

boats suck

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dreddout posted:

Why would anyone not want to live on a ship?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/travel/cruise-ship-fire/

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

help ive been docked in the bay

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Red Ken, Heebie-gbs, and Maggotmaster

have they ever mentioned dubstep

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In one episode the mention Clinton letting "Ambassador Stevens and Vilerat" die

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Boats separate the weak from the strong.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm incredibly strong

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Hell yea, let's get The Raft going. Snow Crash is the best dystopic cyber-punk future we can hope for.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Mar 1, 2017

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Hell yea, let's get The Raft going. Snow Crash is the best dystopic cyber-punk future we can hope for.

i get dibs on the deliverator

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol if you don't get the same visceral reaction from reading the words "San Francisco" as Jerry Falwell once did

in TV news, male stars of bad show Big Bang Theory take a pay cut for the female stars to get raises. honestly a good thing to do, too bad the show sucks

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

lol if you don't get the same visceral reaction from reading the words "San Francisco" as Jerry Falwell once did

in TV news, male stars of bad show Big Bang Theory take a pay cut for the female stars to get raises. honestly a good thing to do, too bad the show sucks

Would it have been possible to bring the female stars up to the same level as the male stars?
NO! Says the capitalist.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Would it have been possible to bring the female stars up to the same level as the male stars?
NO! Says the capitalist.
wokeness is about self-flagellation of the more privileged instead of lifting up the less privileged

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pitiful stupid liberal cucks.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

wokeness is about self-flagellation of the more privileged instead of lifting up the less privileged

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

it's not even about that, it's about "awareness". it's about even less than self-flagellation

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

NO! Says the capitalist.

but the female lead does make as much as her co-stars

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

so in the new beauty in the beast lefou wants to gently caress gaston, and this is being heralded as the important landmark of First Gay Disney Character.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

an actual dog posted:

I'm incredibly strong

A non-seaworthy dog

A shameful dog

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

an actual dog posted:

so in the new beauty in the beast lefou wants to gently caress gaston, and this is being heralded as the important landmark of First Gay Disney Character.

I don't think you have to be gay to want to gently caress Gaston

I'm incredibly heterosexual and I want to gently caress Gaston

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

an actual dog posted:

smee was clearly gay

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dreddout posted:

A non-seaworthy dog

A shameful dog

I prefer to swim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4UIvThjCCM

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dreddout posted:

I'm incredibly heterosexual

same except I'm gay

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

an actual dog posted:

there are two films coming out this spring starring Ewan McGregor: one's a blatant cash-in that is trying to ride high on '90s nostalgia while simultaneously showing that Hollywood is by and large creatively bereft, the other's T2: Trainspotting 2

(also it should be noted that Lefou in the new Beauty and the Beast is played by Josh Gad, who is arguably the most annoying person in film today)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ah yes, the abused lackey named 'the fool', THIS is the gay icon we needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why not make the clock and candle gently caress, Disney