Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

The Glumslinger posted:

So what bust are the Bears gonna draft this year?

Mitch Trubisky.

Even has the perfect last name for Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think I ever actually looked, although I'm also convinced he would never have played a snap in Kansas City.

1. Sylvester Morris - Hey I remember this guy! Uh...he might have been ok if he had two functioning knees. He unfortunately didn't even have one if I remember right.

2. William Bartee - Remember him too! He was a corner, who....was okish for a while I guess? Maybe a lot less than ok, now I think I remember everyone complaining about him. But he started for a while, so good for him.

3. Greg Wesley - Safety. This guy I remember less, even though he played longer than Bartee. Probably because he was less worth complaining about on reflection.
Think Sylvester Morris was actually looking promising until his knees exploded.

Bartee would of been a good db if he ever turned his head around. Wesley was below average, which was above average on that terrible Defense era.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Leonard fournette weighed in at 240 pounds, the heaviest RB in the draft. Welcome to Carolina I suppose.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

zimbomonkey posted:

Leonard fournette weighed in at 240 pounds, the heaviest RB in the draft. Welcome to Carolina I suppose.

We had to replace all the dead weight we lost from cutting slowly hacking away at Tolbert.

edit* gettleman is speaking at 2 if you want confirmation about the biggest SPARQ freaks this year.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

evilweasel posted:

I think people only remember that guy because of Brady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAt6S1RHBYs&t=34s

Winner winner. Didn't even go to the link, because I know who you root for :v:

2000 was an awesome Bears draft. Too bad Brown could never stay healthy

zimbomonkey posted:

If he runs well, I think he locks down the top ten.

The Glumslinger posted:

So what bust are the Bears gonna draft this year?

Have you really hated the last two Bears drafts?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

edit* gettleman is speaking at 2 if you want confirmation about the biggest SPARQ freaks this year.

Come on, I'm sure he won't be that obvious with hi-

Dave Gettleman, At the Presser posted:

"Big running backs are nice. They tend to run people over better than 180-pound running backs

Well poo poo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Sataere posted:

If he runs well, I think he locks down the top ten.

There's a decent chance he falls to the bottom half of the draft, if not completely out of the first round.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

There's a decent chance he falls to the bottom half of the draft, if not completely out of the first round.

The Panthers are trading out of the first? :confused:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Leonard Fournette is also tall and carries his weight well. People are acting like he's Eddie Lacy 2.0 for some strange reason.

Nothing about his frame screams "fatty" to me :confused:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

warcrimes posted:

Like I said, if he runs well. Fournette is a freak and quite a few people considered him a better prospect than Elliott last year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Fournette looked like the 2nd coming of Jim Brown in 2015.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benne posted:

Leonard Fournette is also tall and carries his weight well. People are acting like he's Eddie Lacy 2.0 for some strange reason.

Nothing about his frame screams "fatty" to me :confused:

Yeah, look at this butterball

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fat Eddie is going to have a heart attack on the field from eating southern fried cholesterol smothered in gravy with a side of fried bone marrow.

gently caress I bet fried marrow would be delicious.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Over the last week I've really come to accept that Carolina is probably taking Fournette in the top 10, and everything I've seen today just seems to make it more obvious

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd put $100 on Fournette going to the Panthers if I could place that bet somewhere.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
kill me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The big issue with Fournette's weight is that it may indicate that his ankle has taken longer than expected to heal and he hasn't been able to train sufficiently for the combine. His playing weight in 2015 was 225. Last year he was ten to fifteen pounds heavier due to the injury.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The idea of Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander trying to tackle Fournette is frightening.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

big money big clit posted:

The big issue with Fournette's weight is that it may indicate that his ankle has taken longer than expected to heal and he hasn't been able to train sufficiently for the combine. His playing weight in 2015 was 225. Last year he was ten to fifteen pounds heavier due to the injury.

Yeah the ankle is the only question I have about Fournette, I figure we should hear more about it after/during the combine.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A story about Chris Jones dick falling out at the combine last year.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/28/chris-jones-nfl-combine-40-yard-dash

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Your team has a poo poo rear end running game and no offense outside of Cam. Leonard Fournette has continuously proven to be a special talent when healthy and has the ability to be a bunch of different threats out of the backfield. Get over it.

On side news, Njoku measured in at 82" on his wingspan. That's nuts.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
When does the real poo poo start at the combine? Seems like things are normally in full swing by now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cool more draft needs

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/837331094366212096

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

When does the real poo poo start at the combine? Seems like things are normally in full swing by now.

I believe tomorrow is when the drill stuff starts, then it goes through Monday?

Full schedule here.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Doltos posted:

Your team has a poo poo rear end running game and no offense outside of Cam. Leonard Fournette has continuously proven to be a special talent when healthy and has the ability to be a bunch of different threats out of the backfield. Get over it.

On side news, Njoku measured in at 82" on his wingspan. That's nuts.

Carolina needs blockers more than it needs weapons.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Friday at 9 a.m. EST

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Doltos posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

The Panthers don't have a single starting caliber tackle on the roster.

It doesn't matter how great a runner he is if he's having to break two tackles to get out of the backfield.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

You know what though? I'm looking forward to watching people get blasted trying to tackle him. If you're going to go for the wrong position you may as well go for the generational talent at the wrong position.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Still if somehow Adams is there and we pass on him I'll flip poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
They better have a new safety because god knows they can't rush the passer.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I hope the panthers get fournette, that would be amazing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

They better have a new safety because god knows they can't rush the passer.

Chris Conte will be available.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Aw, I like him. Did he run any fake punts this year?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

The Panthers don't have a single starting caliber tackle on the roster.

It doesn't matter how great a runner he is if he's having to break two tackles to get out of the backfield.

If only there was a way to gain a player besides using a first round pick. Like if there were more rounds or perhaps a period during the season where you could sign players that aren't on a contract.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
you know that sword cuts both ways. Plenty of time to pick up a running back.

I'd rather the panthers utilize their best cost control option on one of their more glaring areas of need than cash in their most valuable chip on another running back.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I mean, as much as the panthers need O-Line, who the gently caress are you taking top 10 in this draft? Cam Robinson? Hope that Ramcyzk or Bolles are going to be ready for the show after one season of FBS football? Take the best guy on the board and hope for the best

I mean, I'd still prefer Hooker if he's there than Fournette, sure, but I know it ain't happening

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Panthers need a safety, two tackles, and a defensive end or two.

lol they'll probably take a DT

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I mean, as much as the panthers need O-Line, who the gently caress are you taking top 10 in this draft? Cam Robinson? Hope that Ramcyzk or Bolles are going to be ready for the show after one season of FBS football? Take the best guy on the board and hope for the best

I mean, I'd still prefer Hooker if he's there than Fournette, sure, but I know it ain't happening

Even a bust at OT with the 8th pick is an unbelievable upgrade. This is the team that took Division II interior linemen one pick ahead of Cordy Glenn and David Bakhtiari in back-to-back drafts.

BPA only works if that player is going to consistently see the field & nobody can guarantee that behind a patchwork O-line.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/837402358611083269

Get that hydra ready Febreeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

you know that sword cuts both ways. Plenty of time to pick up a running back.

I'd rather the panthers utilize their best cost control option on one of their more glaring areas of need than cash in their most valuable chip on another running back.

You're right it does go both ways. I prefer to do the method where you draft the best player available instead of rushing to fill a valuable spot with a lovely prospect (cough ereck loving flowers)

• Locked thread