Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

JFairfax posted:

I really enjoy classical music in a chamber setting, where it's all played without amplifiers and ideally on period instruments. Because it's not amplified the audience usually sits on 3 or 4 sides of the musicians and it's a wonderful experience, and usually venues either have you sit on the stage with the musicians, or ideally, in a smaller room off the main symphony hall.

it's always good to broaden your musical horizons and it contrasts nicely to the times when I'm in some sort of semi-legal rave on drugs listening to pounding underground dance music.

Everything in this post sounds like the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everything in this post sounds like the worst.

Well what's your favorite artsy fartsy thing mister.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Artisinal hand-crafted farm to table farts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good post

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

JFairfax posted:

I really enjoy classical music in a chamber setting, where it's all played without amplifiers and ideally on period instruments. Because it's not amplified the audience usually sits on 3 or 4 sides of the musicians and it's a wonderful experience, and usually venues either have you sit on the stage with the musicians, or ideally, in a smaller room off the main symphony hall.

it's always good to broaden your musical horizons and it contrasts nicely to the times when I'm in some sort of semi-legal rave on drugs listening to pounding underground dance music.

Yeah that's an impressive part of a good opera too. You're in this HUGE theatre but nothing is amplified. The orchestra is just playing their instruments and people are singing loud enough to not just be heard but be heard over the orchestra. Had some children in the last one I saw and they were wearing loving mics and it was horrible. Terrible pipes on those children, shameful.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

reignofevil posted:

While we wait for the next hit of sweet sweet nectar what is everybodies favorite hoity-toity art thing and why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbbiPItNes
Mike Patton's performance at the Met of Litany IV is pretty great, man I wish I was in NYC at the time that the Met celebrated John Zorn's birthday

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wtf the rlm thread is about oprah and musicals and chamber music now. can we get back to the point of this thread, talking aobut video games, please?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

let's get this thing back on track:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if he's really a wizard how come he never casts any spells

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

holy poo poo that means he's a klan wizard

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He could be a pinball wizard.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

is there a such thing as a hoagie wizard

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mulaney Power Move posted:

how do you think he maintains his status in the group after jessie was 86'd

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

jessie lives on a farm upnorth and plays with other girlfriends all day and she's very happy

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
the only Opera worth watching is Dario Argento's, where that chick gets needles taped to her eyeballs while some poo poo hair band plays on the soundtrack.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hell Yeah posted:

wtf the rlm thread is about oprah and musicals and chamber music now. can we get back to the point of this thread, talking aobut video games, please?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

he casts plenty of smells though

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

He must cast something, because whenever he walks into a room the ladies dissapear

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I know Jessie personally, on a personal level, as a friend and confidant (I call her "Jess" because we're pretty close) and let me tell you she thinks you're all GROTESQUE

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

JFairfax posted:

it's always good to broaden your musical horizons

Why

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Zzulu posted:

I know Jessie personally, on a personal level, as a friend and confidant (I call her "Jess" because we're pretty close) and let me tell you she thinks you're all GROTESQUE

The only grotesque is her recent weight loss she's been showing off on insta

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014

Trunko posted:

The only grotesque is her recent weight loss she's been showing off on insta

Wait, she got an Instagram account? What's the name?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Puccini's La fanciulla del West (The Girl of the Golden West). I figured since I liked Phantom, I might as well see one of the opera's that Webber stole music from (Part of Music of the Night was lifted from this).

Also on topic, Josh still sucks.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Care Bear Stairs posted:

He must cast something, because whenever he walks into a room the ladies dissapear

He was with a totally cute geeky chick last time I saw him, so again I'm sorry to break it to you guys but it is you who smells bad and can't get the dates.

It was Mike. Mike cast alcoholism.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watched Don't Breathe last night. It's a good movie, and RLM reviewed it, so it's on topic for this thread. Unlike whatever dumb poo poo you guys are talking about

Man I need to see this.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
MMMmmmmmmm.....................Wonderful.................

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mike Ampf Stoklasa should break out of rehab and upload a new video (featuring himself this time) to the RedLetterMedia Youtube profile. It's been like a week since the last video!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

revdrkevind posted:

He was with a totally cute geeky chick last time I saw him, so again I'm sorry to break it to you guys but it is you who smells bad and can't get the dates.

It was Mike. Mike cast alcoholism.

Man I need to see this.

How big of a sad sack must a person be that he is reduced to bragging to an online forum about chumming it up irl with Josh from red letter media

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Also the words "totally cute geeky chick" holy poo poo I want to die

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

at his age josh should be trying to bang hot milfs, not hang out with "totally cute geeky chicks" who probably aren't even into face loving

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

Trunko posted:

How big of a sad sack must a person be that he is reduced to bragging to an online forum about chumming it up irl with Josh from red letter media

You know I apologize. You're right. All the nerds attacking a YouTube celebrity from the comfort of their mom's basement are clearly in the right.

I was wrong, I'm sorry.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it turns out josh is a goon i guess.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Josh's "totally cute geeky girlfriend":

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't doxx me

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

a bone to pick posted:

Josh's "totally cute geeky girlfriend":

implying Josh isn't dating an anime bodypillow

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
What is this thread about?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pants in my pants posted:

What is this thread about?

Operas, a goon named Josh, videogames, alcoholism

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I think it's more likely that the "cute geeky girl" was his friend who he's in love with but who doesn't like him like that

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Also, lol

Project 2501 posted:

Wait, she got an Instagram account? What's the name?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

powerful sex moves posted:

I think it's more likely that the "cute geeky girl" was his friend who he's in love with but who doesn't like him like that

Hey no need for low blows here.

*a single native american tear falls down my cheek*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013

This thread shows how desperate goons are for ego boosts, sad!

Me on the other hand, I'll have you know I graduated top of my class...

• Locked thread