Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I expect the game to have good art design and gameplay, but still have rough animations and a less compelling story than ME1. Pair that with multiplayer and I'll be more than happy.
Of course, no matter the actual state of the game, the edgelord crew will continue to post about how much the game sucks.

And yea I don't expect another Doom. That game looked incredibly mediocre pre-launch and turned out to be the best SP shooter of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The same edgelords posting about how much they know the game is going to suck gets pretty old.

You should see the people raging about how the female characters aren't attractive enough.

It's not surprising though SA games threads always get super hyped and turn on anyone saying anything negative in the three weeks leading up to release.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

You should see the people raging about how the female characters aren't attractive enough.

It's not surprising though SA games threads always get super hyped and turn on anyone saying anything negative in the three weeks leading up to release.
Bullshit. Plenty of people are posting negative things and no one cares. It's the hyperbolic, "LOL THIS GAME GONNA BLOW GUYS" that provoke reactions, because it's the same tiresome nonsense.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Bullshit. Plenty of people are posting negative things and no one cares. It's the hyperbolic, "LOL THIS GAME GONNA BLOW GUYS" that provoke reactions, because it's the same tiresome nonsense.

Show me on this doll where the people who Mac Walters touched touched you.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

the game seems like it might not be super great dude

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
saying the game will be good is more edgy

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

the game seems like it might not be super great dude
I don't see where you'd get the impression that I think the game is going to be anything but decent.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cowcaster posted:

not to be down on all y'all but i trust barons cyber skulls' gut more than all of you

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Wooper posted:

saying the game will be good is more edgy

I don't think you people appreciate how difficult this game is for us boring contrarian trolls.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't see where you'd get the impression that I think the game is going to be anything but decent.

long development cycle with weak press up until mere weeks before release is the front and center reason

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair i think they put the dude on a rack and stretched him out literally because someone sent them this jpeg so consumer confidence 100%

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I want multiplayer but I also want to gently caress aliens

Can we get PvP alien romancing where we both try to pick up the same sentient amorphous monstrosity at an alien bar and it's a battle of wits?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

long development cycle with weak press up until mere weeks before release is the front and center reason
I think there's a pretty clear reason for that, and it's performance issues that made them not want to show it off early. We'll see very soon, before launch, whether those issues are still around or not.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Can we get PvP alien romancing where we both try to pick up the same sentient amorphous monstrosity at an alien bar and it's a battle of wits?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm glad the Ryders are short. Makes them more relatable.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I think there's a pretty clear reason for that, and it's performance issues that made them not want to show it off early. We'll see very soon, before launch, whether those issues are still around or not.

how the heck does that leave you confident in the final product

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cowcaster posted:

to be fair i think they put the dude on a rack and stretched him out literally because someone sent them this jpeg so consumer confidence 100%

The character had been seen several times already looking basically normal, and only ever seemed overly short in that dumb cosplay guide everyone overanalyzed.

But everyone overanalyzed the gently caress out of it because they're starved for things to talk about, so...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

edit: nvm

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Can we get PvP alien romancing where we both try to pick up the same sentient amorphous monstrosity at an alien bar and it's a battle of dicks?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

marshmallow creep posted:

The character had been seen several times already looking basically normal, and only ever seemed overly short in that dumb cosplay guide everyone overanalyzed.

But everyone overanalyzed the gently caress out of it because they're starved for things to talk about, so...

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the multiplayer at pax is a guided multiplayer demo

EA have thrown this poo poo rear end game to the wolves

I might actually cancel my pre order now

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

how the heck does that leave you confident in the final product
Because the actual gameplay on non-dev builds has been pretty smooth? Optimization is always one of the last things that gets nailed down anyway - pre-launch performance isn't actually an amazing indicator- see Dishonored 2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

marshmallow creep posted:

Whys his head so big.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Because the actual gameplay on non-dev builds has been pretty smooth? Optimization is always one of the last things that gets nailed down anyway - pre-launch performance isn't actually an amazing indicator- see Dishonored 2.

my uncle who works at Nintendo (brother-in-law who works at arkane) will swear to his dying day that snafu was nvidia releasing broken drivers the days before dishonored 2 and the driver update they released afterwards was a rollback and i haven't a family member installed in bioware handy to consult

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So Killer is Dead style creep on an alien when they aren't looking, barking out exposition and god knows what while you look elsewhere between the 20 minute cutscene?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yes, yes! Ignore the evidence! It will get better before release!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Whys his head so big.

head big, so what?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Yes, yes! Ignore the evidence! It will get better before release!
You haven't actually read my posts have you? I literally said we'll see whether they have nailed it down before release, so you won't actually have to guess. They've confirmed the EA Access version is the launch version with the day 1 patch.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Teeny Tiny Ryder Spiders.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You haven't actually read my posts have you? I literally said we'll see whether they have nailed it down before release, so you won't actually have to guess. They've confirmed the EA Access version is the launch version with the day 1 patch.

guess we should ask the mods to close the thread in the meantime?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Cowcaster posted:

guess we should ask the mods to close the thread in the meantime?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

guess we'll close the thread in the meantime?
I never said anything close to that, but OK.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It should be like Dragon Age 2 where there's a second thread with a rule that you can only say nice things about the game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I never said anything close to that, but OK.

what do you want people to speculate about besides how good the game is in here man

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Whys his head so big.

Why is Shepard's head so small?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

what do you want people to speculate about besides how good the game is in here man
Not even remotely close to anything I've ever said.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Do NOT post small bart in this thread.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Not even remotely close to anything I've ever said.

you're a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i for one am glad to be represented by this amazingly masculine and awesome height-aware protagonist.