Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

grover, when his walls fell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Drywall, it's loads beared

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

How many posts will it take to end this Grover derail? 2 posts

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Groversteps.jpg

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Say Nothing posted:

Groversteps.jpg

Clearly that is a slide for leprechauns.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BrigadierSensible posted:

Clearly that is a slide for leprechauns.

Psht the tony hawk mouse is all up in that mofo.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's good to go back to the Grover saga to remind everybody that it actually has its own smiley now :grovertoot:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Palpek posted:

It's good to go back to the Grover saga to remind everybody that it actually has its own smiley now :grovertoot:

Watching that come to exist was the best thing to come out of post-house groverhaus

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Groverhaus might be the best saga. It certainly keeps coming up.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my favorite bit about groverhaus was when someone found a clip of Grover on sesame street building a fort that then falls down on top of him

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

my favorite bit about groverhaus was when someone found a clip of Grover on sesame street building a fort that then falls down on top of him

Writers for shows are absolutely goons.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Groverhaus might be the best saga. It certainly keeps coming up.

If you think it comes up a lot now, wait til it comes down, and then nobody will stop talking about it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Nice

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have we gotten any updates on the status of Groverhaus lately?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

Have we gotten any updates on the status of Groverhaus lately?

A year or two ago one of his stalkers trawled Google Earth until they found it and while the siding was discolored it was still standing. Nothing has been posted since then presumably because they've all either been banned or moved on to mining richer veins like video game spaceships or mount everest.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So we have the coordinates? Why aren't we already checking on it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

So we have the coordinates? Why aren't we already checking on it

Because that's, y'know, doxxing and/or stalking.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

A year or two ago one of his stalkers trawled Google Earth until they found it and while the siding was discolored it was still standing. Nothing has been posted since then presumably because they've all either been banned or moved on to mining richer veins like video game spaceships or mount everest.

I've checked my address (and old ones, a stalker is I) and it's pretty much straight up and down at low resolution, so I'm not sure how you detected his off-white siding was even more off white. You should have said the barbecue was back next to the house.

OTOH, Bing maps had a thing where they would fly planes around and take sideways angle shots. I tried it just now in Seattle and it didn't display anything except satellite maps.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I've checked my address (and old ones, a stalker is I) and it's pretty much straight up and down at low resolution, so I'm not sure how you detected his off-white siding was even more off white. You should have said the barbecue was back next to the house.

OTOH, Bing maps had a thing where they would fly planes around and take sideways angle shots. I tried it just now in Seattle and it didn't display anything except satellite maps.

Google street view is a thing.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Google street view is a thing.

It sure is!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

It sure is!

:prepop:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Moon Slayer posted:

It sure is!

Is that an Ammu-Nation next door?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Google Street View has some scarily hi def "driving past the house slowly" pictures of a lot of neighborhoods, as well as isometric aerial views. Some places may still be only U-2 spy plane quality but others.. holy poo poo, Google has more and better pics of some homes than the people living in them do, and 3-D views that let you virtually fly to someones house and creep around the yard.

Here see if this works, I clicked and zoomed in on a totally random spot in NYC. Zoom in closer and it goes to 3-D street view. "Google Earth is Gods' gift to stalkers" isn't humorous exaggeration anymore, it's ad copy.

So that's a thing that can happen now. Interesting times.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I still haven't seen some legit stalker pics of groverhaus 5 years later.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Hell I just scared myself.. haven't played with Google Earth in a while so I decided to zoom in on the Pep Boys at the end of that street

and the parking off to the side

whats that sign say?

I guess that dude isn't prohibited from napping in his car

fuuuuck

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Interestingly when Google street view was introduced in Germany it was recognized for its breach of privacy/stalking potential and residents of individual buildings could say they don't want their house to be shown and a lot of people did so now German street view is full of censored houses, sometimes entire streets.

Palpek has a new favorite as of 09:37 on Mar 2, 2017

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

Palpek posted:

Interestingly when Google street view was introduced in Germany it was recognized for its breach of privacy/stalking potential and residents of individual buildings could say they don't want their house to be shown and a lot of people did so now German street view is full of censored houses, sometimes entire streets.

StreetView coverage in Western Europe:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Palpek posted:

This is extremely good and I want to live in a glitch house

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Palpek posted:

Incidentally, lots of people were stupid and thought you could see whether they were at home.
But yeah street view barely works anywhere and where it works it's basically unusable. And also horribly outdated because Google looked at the results of this first run and thought "gently caress doing this again" so now you have ultra up to date satellite/3d plane images and terrible blurred street view.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

One of my favorite little forums things was how back when the word filter was in place, there was a poster named "cuck cuck i'm gay" and every time anyone quoted him it looked something like this:

I'M A MORON I'M A MORON MY SEXUALITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS posted:

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Moon Slayer posted:

One of my favorite little forums things was how back when the word filter was in place, there was a poster named "cuck cuck i'm gay" and every time anyone quoted him it looked something like this:

How long has it been since the quote text was "[user] came out of the closet to say:"?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

How long has it been since the quote text was "[user] came out of the closet to say:"?

Not sure when it happened but it was when quote functionality was extended, with the whole auto-linking to the quoted post and such.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

2006ish? Didn't FYAD keep it for longer after that though?

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

2006ish? Didn't FYAD keep it for longer after that though?

I only recently realized that Whilst Farting I's name was meant to go along with fyad quote text

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

That was automatically added at the quote, and you could change it. SALR used to have a pool of other phrases that it would substitute for that at random.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Syd Midnight posted:

Hell I just scared myself.. haven't played with Google Earth in a while so I decided to zoom in on the Pep Boys at the end of that street

and the parking off to the side

whats that sign say?

I guess that dude isn't prohibited from napping in his car

fuuuuck

Why are you scared of man in a car looking at his phone?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Syd Midnight posted:

I only recently realized that Whilst Farting I's name was meant to go along with fyad quote text

It works with any verb sentence though? Whilst Farting I posted/came out of the closet/etc

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Guy Mann posted:

because they've all either been banned or moved on to mining richer veins like video game spaceships or mount everest.

I haven't looked at any of those Everest threads- do people get especially weird in there, like enough to bother reading though all that without an especially morbid interest in dead hikers?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Snowy posted:

I haven't looked at any of those Everest threads- do people get especially weird in there, like enough to bother reading though all that without an especially morbid interest in dead hikers?

It's not that weird. The first month of the thread is death pool jokes and then the next 11 months would be questions about recommendations for mountaineering books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Snowy posted:

just completely normal dudes, laughing at the same picture of a dead canadian woman for 5 years straight, nothing wrong with that