Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Accessories were on the vilekin trader for each level range, including bracers.

I don't think a single person bothered with them.

I did at launch made some decent money reselling them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Accessories were on the vilekin trader for each level range, including bracers.

I don't think a single person bothered with them.

I sold them for like a million gil

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Are there any 4star crafter goons on excalibur? I am trying to get a ironworks gatherer set made, and have spent mucho gil on all the supplies.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Farg posted:

Are there any 4star crafter goons on excalibur? I am trying to get a ironworks gatherer set made, and have spent mucho gil on all the supplies.

I believe there are some in DGKK, if you're not in it ask some PBC or TPTers to ask through linkshells.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

EponymousMrYar posted:

As an omniclasser I've never had problems getting a piece of loot from Dun Scaith my first run through because I do the weird thing and just greed on everything since the vast majority of gear is an upgrade to me. I tried holding out for specific pieces but the fact of the matter is that EVERYONE does that and it makes the whole experience a lot more frustrating. So I said 'sod it I'll just take the first piece I can get' and haven't looked back since. This has done me well ever since World of Darkness.

I'm not an omniclasser, but I do keep like 3-4 classes with okay gear at a time, so every week when I do the capped 24 man, I just grab the first piece that helps one of those classes. I've never had to run dun scat more than once a week. All of this really feels like a fix to a nonexistent problem, especially since capped 24-man drops have never been more than a supplement to your regular capped tomestone drops. There are a million things I'd rather they make better, like expanding the armoire, than bothering with "fixing" this poo poo.

The best idea I've heard was from the devs themselves: making sure that loot only drops if someone in the group can roll need on it. It doesn't guarantee drops at all, but it does guarantee you won't have poo poo hitting the ground left and right because no one could possibly use it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anyone have pictures of the MNK and NIN relics? I can't get to reddit and google's not coughing up the latest ones (though from the previous ones NIN looks waaay better).

I still can't decide which class to pursue the relic for so I figure appearance will have to do. :v:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm surprised how nice the songbird outfit is. It's got two flappy parts in the back that look real great when you're running around questing

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

So, doesn't anyone have any suggestions on glove/pants/feet slots that go well with the ultima mesh? Obviously the horns cover the head slot, but I'm having trouble thinking of good matches for the other ones.
I think I did a good job on matching gear for it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

Anyone have pictures of the MNK and NIN relics? I can't get to reddit and google's not coughing up the latest ones (though from the previous ones NIN looks waaay better).

I still can't decide which class to pursue the relic for so I figure appearance will have to do. :v:

http://imgur.com/a/JKRf8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks awfully! Luckily I can reach imgur at this office.

MNK looks like butt so I guess I'm going ninja but holy loving lol where do they get off calling those things "daggers"

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
...Something tells me you didn't play the game at Launch. Head to the place where you cash in Centurio Seals, and try on the i170 NIN daggers, or go to Seika in Idleshire and try on the i180 version under "doman armor".

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 2, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Played at launch, but not as Ninja, I'll have to take a look at those when I get home. I expect to be amused and slightly horrified. :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks awfully! Luckily I can reach imgur at this office.

MNK looks like butt so I guess I'm going ninja but holy loving lol where do they get off calling those things "daggers"
Rondel Daggers (actual things) tended to have a 12 inch blade with the whole thing potentially measure 20 inches.

Most NIN blades in this game aren't much bigger than that.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm surprised how nice the songbird outfit is. It's got two flappy parts in the back that look real great when you're running around questing

Wow, what staff is that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Rondel Daggers (actual things) tended to have a 12 inch blade with the whole thing potentially measure 20 inches.

Most NIN blades in this game aren't much bigger than that.

Sometimes you gotta stab people with really big daggers. It's just common sense.

Griz
May 21, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Wow, what staff is that?

WHM Garo staff

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Sometimes you gotta stab people with really big daggers. It's just common sense.

Things look more like you could stab two people with one dagger and a bit of luck :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Question, how would you all go about leveling BTN and FSH from 53? I thought the answer was collectibles, but that seems to be almost a non-starter for BTN except for Old-world Figs (which aren't great value, frankly), and FSH is entirely RNG so far seemingly. (Especially since I can't really tell when powerful hookset is to be used 'cos my controller broke, so no vibration cues.)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Collectibles, GC daily turn ins (HQ ofc), leves and good old fashioned grinding (with commercial manuals)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 2, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Question, how would you all go about leveling BTN and FSH from 53? I thought the answer was collectibles, but that seems to be almost a non-starter for BTN except for Old-world Figs (which aren't great value, frankly), and FSH is entirely RNG so far seemingly. (Especially since I can't really tell when powerful hookset is to be used 'cos my controller broke, so no vibration cues.)

I used Leves for BTN, popping over for collectibles whenever they were up. For FSH, IIRC, I just did it through collectibles, some of the leves were a pain in the rear end if I remember right.

And yeah, don't neglect the GC turn-ins, that's easy daily XP.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The one thing I want them to change for the loot system is to add an off-class need button. If you have a class that can equip the item, but it's not your current class, you can click off-class need. Your roll will have higher priority than greed but lower priority than need.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I'm only up to FSH 50 so far, but my strategy was to check the "play sounds when window is not active" box in preferences, make sure the sounds that were played included sound effects, put the game in borderless windowed mode, then alt-tab and watch a movie or something. You just quickly alt-tab back when you hear creaking, then once more when the fish has been fully reeled in to cast again. Makes FSH much less painful to level then MIN or BTN--those I've been leveling through a combination of getting the materials I need while leveling crafting at the same time, GC turn-ins (which are pretty painless, just use the +30% HQ chance skill when you can, ideally on a node with +1 gathering attempt, then stealth and alt-tab out until you get back above 300 GP), and leves when I really want to hit the next level with a class quest.

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 2, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Can someone who pays better attention explain the "how" of the boss they added to Dun Scaith?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Fister Roboto posted:

The one thing I want them to change for the loot system is to add an off-class need button. If you have a class that can equip the item, but it's not your current class, you can click off-class need. Your roll will have higher priority than greed but lower priority than need.

I want a 'pass all loot in this dungeon' button. Does it exist?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I feel like Blizzard should reconsider the dance studio in WoW

https://gfycat.com/TinyOldGermanpinscher

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

Can someone who pays better attention explain the "how" of the boss they added to Dun Scaith?

It thought the demons were primals.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

If you mean the fight, you don't stand in the aoes, you kill adds, and you shoot it until it dies. It's flashy but direct.

If you mean the why, it's mentioned afterwards that it was likely attracted by all the void energy in dun scaith and likely mistook it for a primal, though there's still no clue where it came from before then. So basically a handwave.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hey i got my left side ironworks gear! anyways whats a decent way to make cash as a bot/min/fsh. i promise i won't ruin your market niche i have a short attention span

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Asimo posted:

If you mean the fight, you don't stand in the aoes, you kill adds, and you shoot it until it dies. It's flashy but direct.

If you mean the why, it's mentioned afterwards that it was likely attracted by all the void energy in dun scaith and likely mistook it for a primal, though there's still no clue where it came from before then. So basically a handwave.

The second one, yeah. I got that it thought it found some primals. That's whatever. I just don't understand where the hell it was before now. You would think the Allagans would've buried it away somewhere. Or even took it apart after they made the complete one.

Those aoes did gently caress me up though.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It was flying around Azys Lla, and has a FATE there. Maybe the shield that we broke kept it inside? Either way it got bored and wanted to rampage on some primals.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SonicRulez posted:

You would think the Allagans would've buried it away somewhere.

Jokes on you if you thought the Allagans had a concept of OSHA.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There is an Allagan OSHA, but instead it is an agency that mandates a minimum number of workplace accidents per day

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Actually Allagan OSHA would be someone at your work's respawn point going 'don't do that next time dumbass' and slapping you on the wrist for the fatal accident you caused.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

ilifinicus posted:

I think I did a good job on matching gear for it

I was using it on a BLM, so the tank options were not available. As it turns out though, the caster ironworks gear fits it perfectly, right down to having some glowy blue bits.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, this would be nice.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, it would be super cool to have a worse chance to win gear than another guy just because he plays more than me.

Wait, I've got another good one. How about a set of PVP armor that you can get after winning 1000 Feast matches that gives you +20% outgoing damage and healing in PVP?

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 2, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I forgot that it flew around Azys Lla. I want a drat lore book so bad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Yeah, it would be super cool to have a worse chance to win gear than another guy just because he plays more than me.

Wait, I've got another good one. How about a set of PVP armor that you can get after winning 1000 Feast matches that gives you +20% outgoing damage and healing in PVP?

If you can't equip the gear then why would you need it?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I've played max-level tanks in two other MMOs, so I should be able to roll Need++, which would take priority over those who only tank in FF14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

SonicRulez posted:

I forgot that it flew around Azys Lla. I want a drat lore book so bad.

What flies around?

• Locked thread