Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trin Tragula posted:

Your flyers have many demands on their time and will not be available to the Corps Commander again until tomorrow.

Are my calculations correct in regard to total number of chits deployed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

Are my calculations correct in regard to total number of chits deployed?

I'm afraid this falls under the "I'm not your mum" clause; teams are responsible for their own bookkeeping.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trin Tragula posted:

I'm afraid this falls under the "I'm not your mum" clause; teams are responsible for their own bookkeeping.

Fair enough.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Bacarruda posted:

I can have X rush to Faiblempot. France's Greatest Hero will be in some danger doing so, but I think he can win the day.

See your point on the BEF. I'll stick them on the crossoads.

Would prefer to have the 97th up on the front lines. If they do make a desperate rush, I want as many men as possible in the fight.

I strongly object to making at attack on Croissant with only one brigade. We don't know what the night attack rules will do to unit cohesion. And it's very likely that they will be putting up roadblocks, wire, trenches, etc. in and around the town. I've already lost two brigades rush the town. I do not wish to lose a third.

If we must make an attack, can I suggest that we have the 99th, BEF, Cav, and the survivors of the 97th make a coordinated attack when feasible?

Also, are we going to retake Le Cote?

I dont think we're using one brigade on a night attack on St C, just Bois de Baguette. Bit of positioning before dawn.

For the southwest, I think we're going all in on Quatrepolis, amd worrying about La Cote in the morning.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bacarruda posted:

I can have X rush to Faiblempot. France's Greatest Hero will be in some danger doing so, but I think he can win the day.

I think that I'd be in no more danger than if I waited. It's dark enough I should be able to get off the hill without being seen. If there's enemy in Faibleimpot, I'm dead, so that's irrelevant to our planning. If I wait there's an exceedingly small chance some rump unit of theirs might be able to get there first, but most of those cases kill me whether or not I'm first, so there's not really any advantage for getting into the town sooner from a survivability perspective. However if I go sooner I will get there sooner, which is an advantage for the purposes of objectives, and it may make a difference that I cover some of the ground in dusk rather than night, and thereby am less likely to get lost. If I end up wandering onto La Sanglant Femme, I'm also probably dead, so it'd be good to cut down the chances of me missing the mark by too much. I'd say the sooner I leave the better.

Oh, and somebody please get the farewell I left with a barkeep in Graisse, it's overly sentimental even for me.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

It only makes sense for you to be the one who wins the final objective o7 I support you going to Faiblempot with all possible speed.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gentlemen. Though we are clearly poised at the very brink of victory, and the enemy has been scrambled from l'oeuf and driven from Dejeuner, they still hold the last, vital piece of the ensemble breakfast francais. Gentlemen, it is time to:

lenoon fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 28, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

lenoon posted:

Gentlemen. Though we are clearly poised at the very brink of victory, and the enemy has been scrambled from l'oeuf and driven from Dejeuner, they still hold the last, vital piece of the ensemble breakfast francais. Gentlemen, it is time to:

edit the image!

Edit the image?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Edit the image?

walla! as they say in PYF

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

lenoon posted:

walla! as they say in PYF

Nice.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

What is that on the side, some kind of small croissant? :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rough sketch proposal

Xtenth rushes Faibleimpot

Southwest forces night rush Quatrepolis

One brigade moves into Bois de Baguette

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

6ᵉ Cavalerie

It's a few km to Faibleimpot, we got some horses, two companies, it's dark... and we've got medals waiting for us.

Hit it.

I'm moving to Faibleimpot according to the following, roughly along the course of the orange arrow, and when I get there I'll dismount and dig in (if applicable and if it wouldn't be visible in the map).

If I see enemies in position to see my unit or moving to/in Faibleimpot and am alive to react, I will fall back unless I am actively in combat with them and have only identified one chit remaining or am unable to retreat without blatantly being in a position where I will die. If I am north of the Flanderschamps trenches I will fall back to them. If I am east of them and the enemy is to my east, I will fall back to them.

I will follow the general course shown by the orange arrow. I'll stay west early on to avoid vision of the enemies near Brioche. I'll stay on the east edge of the Flanderschamps Sud trenchline (I know I drew it a bit skinnier than it is, I'll follow the edge of it). When it veers sharply west I'll keep following its direction and then head northward along Flanderschamps Nord's eastern edge. Once I get to where its edge goes west I'll keep going north until I reach an east-west road, which I will follow west into Faibleimpot. Unless actively threatened by enemy fire and presented with no better option, I will not cross a road heading east. I will also not go up a hill, but follow its edge northwards if possible. If the road is heading east-west, I will follow it east. If it's heading north-south I will veer northwest.

I hope I have a compass and if not that the idea I've got is suitable for blundering around in the night. I think the horse in my avatar on Roll20 looks somehow less impressed than usual.

As a note, I don't adore the presence of the German cavalry on the field, although I don't think it's in a position to be doing much security work and seems to be bogged down with the reserve artillery. The Fraise-champs brigade probably has enough to worry about with St. Croissant, so I should be clear there, but a rump cavalry unit is precisely the thing that's unimportant enough and fast enough to be sent to secure Faibleimpot or Bois de Haute and cause me some problems. Nothing for it though.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 1, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Lucky 99

Engineers are to move into empty trenches (circled) and begin fortifying them by extending wire and digging deeper.

Other units are to shoot any German seen, and are not to pursue or retreat under any circumstances.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
You can send the engineers to toilettes-champs to requisition more wire.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'll start forming the final version of my orders soon. Is everyone fine with the following?

X to Faibleimpot, Cavalry spawns as close to quad as possible, everyone in the SW bumrushes quad, a brigade probes into Bois de Baguette, later on BEF heads for the crossroad while the other SW infantry brigade reinforces Loel's guys. The cavalry reserve is still a bit of a wildcard after this, but I'd really love to send them straight at Croissant considering that the enemy will only be able to fire off 2 MG shots and 2-3 infantry shots at them before they're in close combat, and we're working on a timer.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

my dad posted:

I'll start forming the final version of my orders soon. Is everyone fine with the following?

X to Faibleimpot, Cavalry spawns as close to quad as possible, everyone in the SW bumrushes quad, a brigade probes into Bois de Baguette, later on BEF heads for the crossroad while the other SW infantry brigade reinforces Loel's guys. The cavalry reserve is still a bit of a wildcard after this, but I'd really love to send them straight at Croissant considering that the enemy will only be able to fire off 2 MG shots and 2-3 infantry shots at them before they're in close combat, and we're working on a timer.

:yeah:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Something just crossed my mind. If we manage to break the morale of quad's garrison without them routing from the field, there's a non-zero chance the survivors will be able to retake an empy quad. Keeping a brigade in there might be a good idea, just in case.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought the idea was that my survivors are supposed to remain there.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hunt11 posted:

I thought the idea was that my survivors are supposed to remain there.

Bacarruda suggested that it might be a better idea to have your guys reinforce Loel, just to reduce the odds of something unpleasant happening there in the middle of the night. I'm keeping your guys there.

By the way, don't wait for me to post the first draft of your orders. If you can post later, you can edit later, too.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

After we roll Quatreopolis, I kind of want to offer St C a chance to surrender. Cuz otherwise we're just going to roll up 2 divisions on the ridges and stomp them.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

Bacarruda suggested that it might be a better idea to have your guys reinforce Loel, just to reduce the odds of something unpleasant happening there in the middle of the night. I'm keeping your guys there.

By the way, don't wait for me to post the first draft of your orders. If you can post later, you can edit later, too.

Cavalry is chosen for their initiative! :v:

I think hunt's guys are the likeliest pick for a Qprouts garrison because they're beat up but they might be a bit too weak if the germans shatter to readily. I do agree with keeping a garrison there. No need to risk routers coming back like my guys did.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A note has just been found in the empty staff room of the château used as IV Corps HQ, bearing General Mon Pere's signature

quote:

Did you really think I was going to miss out on all the fun?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Boss is coming, look lively lads

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I shall stand in these trenches with the greatest of elan

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

lenoon posted:

Boss is coming, look lively lads

Most of mine can't. :smith:

Still, you should see the other guy!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

xthetenth posted:

Most of mine can't. :smith:

Still, you should see the other guy!

Restraint? Why are you so concerned with saving their lives? The whole idea is to kill the bastards. At the end of the war if there are two French and one German left alive, we win!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Loel posted:

Restraint? Why are you so concerned with saving their lives? The whole idea is to kill the bastards. At the end of the war if there are two French and one German left alive, we win!

I have all of two companies that can look lively.

You know what, I take the rest back though, they can look quite lively if needed.

Also, if there are two million French and one German left alive, we will have won a greater victory. We die for victory, because it needs to be done.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

General Tebeka, you <signal interference> hold the line at any cost. At your discretion, you are allowed to <signal interference> at Bois de Baguette and <signal interference>. The cavalry reserve is being nominally assigned to you. <signal interference>. Vive la France!

General Bacarrette, <signal interference> with everything you've got. Once it's been taken, you are to <signal interference>. Send THE HERO OF THE REPUBLIC to take Faibleimpot. I leave it at your discretion to decide who is to hold Quatreprouts. The artillery <signal interference> but absolutely not take any risks. The result of this battle depends and you and your men. Do not fail me. <signal interference>

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

General Mon Pere, Command of the Cavalry Reserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g

Allons enfants de la Patrie,

Le jour de gloire est arrivé!

Contre nous de la tyrannie,

L'étendard sanglant est levé,

L'étendard sanglant est levé!

Vive la France! En avant! En Avant!

Pierre? Pierre?
Oui?
Qui est le grognard?
Je pense c'est M. le general.
Merde. Nous allons mourir, non?
Oui.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Crunch: Deploy the cavalry 3-4 inches east of the western edge of my given deployment zone, as compact as possible. (deploying at the very edge and with 24 inches of movement leaves them just short of the town, so I'm keeping a bit of extra distance due to vision advantage) Head for Quatreprouts, adopting a formation 2 ranks deep with the commander chit front and center, MG and artillery in the back stopping to provide support as needed when the enemy is spotted. Advance directly towards Quatreprouts, and eliminate all enemy presence there via judicious application of cavalry saber.

Once all enemies in Quatreprouts are removed, proceed down the road (NB: In combat formation, not marching formation) towards Saint Croissant, if possible assemble the formation 6-8 inches away from the town, and then charge and eliminate all the defenders.

Stance:
Always charge.
Break formation to attack the enemy as directly as possible and destroy all visible enemies before proceeding with orders.
Pursue routing enemies.
Fight to the last man and the last horse.

I'm approving all emergency orders given to units that haven't received them yet (under Trin's rules and priorities)

my dad fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 2, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Those ... sure are some orders :stare:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
:france:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade

pre:
 "It is time for us to once again move to Dejeuner Ridge. This time though we will not move from our spot and will hold it to the end.
Infantry are to follow the arrows towards Clemenceau. Once there we shall pick up the artillery and guide them to Dejeuner ridge. Upon arrival we will entrench and wait to see what becomes of us.

Conditional Orders

If enemy approaches us in battle march: Hold ground and drive them off
Enemy retreats: Hold ground.
Break Point: N/A

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 2, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current discussion in chat:

Night falls, brigades leave trenches and approach nearest forest
That lets us see if Baguette has troops or is empty. Up to the local generals under which conditions we advance into Baguette, but it might give us some advantages for the attack on St. C in the morning.

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
I agree, I agree, it's all about that skreee.
The 2nd Brigade will immediately charge on Quatreprouts, bayonetting or routing any Germans in the town and surrounding environs. During this time, the artillery will remain in position and take what shots they can.

*IF these orders are received on the first turn, the 2nd Brigade companies on top of La Oeuf are to attempt to form the default battle formation as best they can before advancing.

With Quatreprouts taken, the 2nd Brigade will form up in the default battle formation as best it can and advance upon the marked crossroads north of Toiletteschamps and south of Fraisechamps, with a slight easterly detour to rendez-vous with the artillery. When the infantry and artillery are reunited, the artillery will re-limber. Once the artillery is mobile again, the whole brigade will advance on the crossroads. At the crossroads, the 2nd Brigade will take defensive positions, the artillery will unlimber, and the brigade will wait until dawn for further orders.

Standing orders BEFORE Quatreprouts is taken:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance:
Continue towards original objective

When attacking the enemy:
Launch a Bayonet Charge

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed:
Do not pursue

Break Off automatically when:
Fight to the last man

Adjustment to standing orders AFTER Quatreprouts is taken:

When attacking the enemy:
Use rifle fire

Hephasto fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 2, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Do we have anyone staying in Quatreopolis after we take it?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Loel posted:

Do we have anyone staying in Quatreopolis after we take it?

That was supposed to be Hunt's dudes. :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Also, can the units in Saint C shoot at you in your new position?

Tentatively, it looks like this will be our goal-position as the sun comes up.

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Polite reminder to everyone that we're on a timer wrt orders. Please don't make me regret not being a micromanaging rear end in a top hat. I will now go to sleep. Good night.

• Locked thread