Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Walked posted:

I've been using condemn against deaths shadow with some luck. It's a huge tempo loss for them and a sweeper if they have more than 1 out.

That's actually hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So lost the bet on Gabby sparks. I bet hibachi on her being pregnant but nope, doesn't appear to be the case.

Also wizards is hiring R&D.

http://company.wizards.com/job/coordinator-magic-rd-job-renton-wa-us

I am sure it pays quite a bit. :no:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

So lost the bet on Gabby sparks. I bet hibachi on her being pregnant but nope, doesn't appear to be the case.

?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

She hasn't been streaming and has taken a big step back in coverage. Appears she is going through a Divorce. Also a time when LSV has taken a big step back on things as well but I won't believe for a second that my personal deity did anything uncool and that its just a coincidence.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

She hasn't been streaming and has taken a big step back in coverage. Appears she is going through a Divorce. Also a time when LSV has taken a big step back on things as well but I won't believe for a second that my personal deity did anything uncool and that its just a coincidence.

Nerd drama....

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

It's a huge mixed-message; they keep printing sets like this to try and send a message that they support non-rotating formats and people's collections won't "lose value", but if they don't back up those printings with actual tournaments, why are people buying this stuff? Are there really that many MTG players who build modern decks and never actually play modern?

I mean I know there are, I'm one of them, but sure others are smarter than me.

I'm 2. I have 3 decks built and played twice last year. I just got judge Hierarchs for a deck I've never played in a sanctioned game.

Sickening posted:

LSV kinda had a kid not too long ago. They tend to take a lot of time.

But obviously he's having an affair with Gaby.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

FordCQC posted:

To break up MM17 chat, take a look at this sweet innovation: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=112020

On Twitter, Overturf said the Magma Sprays should be replaced with cards that are good for the Jund Shadow matchup. Anyone have ideas on what those cards are?

Overturf mentioned on twitter he was thinking another fatal push and an electrolyze. He also said it was the best of the Grixis Delver lists he has played.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

suicidesteve posted:

I'm 2. I have 3 decks built and played twice last year. I just got judge Hierarchs for a deck I've never played in a sanctioned game.

LSV kinda had a kid not too long ago. They tend to take a lot of time.

But obviously he's having an affair with Gaby.

Hopefully he trains her to not be poo poo at coverage

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

80s James Hetfield posted:

Gaby was/is fine at coverage. She was at the very least better than Kenji ever was. Also definitely better the BDM and the rest of the old boys club. Sutcliff and LSV can't be the only coverage people. They can't carry it all. Even Paul was pretty good.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

Nerd drama....

Getting a divorce from someone who owns the company you work for isn't "nerd drama."

And LSV has a 5 month old at home, which isn't "nerd drama," either.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 2, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Gee, I wonder why more women don't get into Magic?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

80s James Hetfield posted:

I don't like the implications that the word "trains" has on your statement, and the fact that Gaby was perfectly reasonable on coverage makes me even more suspicious.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/836993070151303168

This raises the question: What does Wizards think the purpose of the set is?

Late to the party but clearly the best response to Helene was:
https://twitter.com/t_daharsh1/status/836993578173939714

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Getting a divorce from someone who owns the company you work for isn't "nerd drama."

And LSV has a 5 month old at home, which isn't "nerd drama," either.

The fact that we're talking about it in here is nerd drama.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
What the gently caress is this thread what are you doing please stop send help.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sickening posted:

why would you bet on whether Gaby was pregnant? Also, why you tell us that you had?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Elyv posted:

why would you bet on whether Gaby was pregnant? Also, why you tell us that you had?

You think that's bad? I bet that LSV was pregnant and that's why he wasn't streaming. Wasn't the smartest bet I've ever made.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

I bet ten Seances that Gaby was pregnant with LSV and now there's sure egg on my face! Turns out LSV has already been born for years!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

black potus posted:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
How about those rare redrafts?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Let's talk about reprint equity, or how much you think [MM2017 reprint] will end up at.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The fact that we're talking about it in here is nerd drama.

Says the guy who wanted a woman banned from a magic stream because she dates someone who is DCI banned not less than 10 pages back.

Elyv posted:

She is very popular magic personality that basically dropped off the map. Considering she doesn't have to do magic coverage for the money, it just seemed likely that was what it was. Its a normal part of life. I sincerely oppologize for my totally insensitive remarks. Find a better subject for your pretend outrage.

black potus posted:

Fine.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Let's talk about reprint equity, or how much you think [MM2017 reprint] will end up at.

still a lot of the set left to be spoiled. Even though a lot of those are commons, there are a lot of powerful commons to be had.

http://mythicspoiler.com/mm3/numbercrunch.html

Also, these are not in the set.

[[Ad Nauseam]]
[[Bitterblossom]]
[[Bloodghast]]
[[Dark Confidant]]
[[Goryo's Vengeance]]
[[Gravecrawler]]
[[Grave Titan]]
[[Leyline of the Void]]
[[Rest in Peace]]
[[Sun Titan]]
[[Tezzeret the Seeker]]
[[Vendillion Clique]]
And all lands minus Cavern of Souls / City of Brass.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 2, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
A palate cleanser

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Guessing the remaining multicolor mythics, GW Mythic is hopefully voice of resurgence, BR Mythic is Rakdos's Return(?), UB Mythic is... uhh... Tezz Agent of Bolas? I can't think of any other noteworthy UB Mythics off of the top of my head that would fit in this set.

Rinkles posted:

A palate cleanser

No wonder mtg pros always have it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dehtraen posted:

Guessing the remaining multicolor mythics, GW Mythic is hopefully voice of resurgence, BR Mythic is Rakdos's Return(?), UB Mythic is... uhh... Tezz Agent of Bolas? I can't think of any other noteworthy UB Mythics off of the top of my head that would fit in this set.

No wonder mtg pros always have it.

I thought voice was spoiled already? Was that not the case?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Sickening posted:

I thought voice was spoiled already? Was that not the case?

It turned out to be a fake that got retweeted by SaffronOlive I think.

Someone posted the related tweet like 4 pages ago.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

:siren: IMPORTANT :siren:

CalebD is streaming IPA drafts and has a Goblin Game in his deck. Get ready to witness history

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

CalebD is streaming IPA drafts and has a Goblin Game in his deck. Get ready to witness history

Don't know if I'd put that much faith into modo.

Necravolver's old-lifelink doesn't work, fyi.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

IT'S IN HIS HAND

WE'RE ONE RED SHORT

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You idiots need to learn how to include links to this poo poo.

https://www.twitch.tv/calebdmtg

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Phyrexian Infiltrator and Nightscape Master seems realstrong.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Cards that I've been reminded of that should be in Modern:

-Opt
-Jilt
-Prohibit

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

He boarded it out. God is dead.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cards that I've been reminded of that should be in Modern:

-Jilt

Bring back Kicker IMO

And Cycling

VV Boo

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 2, 2017

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
We're unlikely to get Kicker proper back because they realized that it's way too general a mechanic and now they just make limited variations on kicker like Escalate, Overload, etc.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oi, the fastest way to get me to stop watching a stream is when the streamer eats and drinks and talks with food in their mouth on camera. Nothing like having an earful of their esophagus passing food.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Star Man posted:

Oi, the fastest way to get me to stop watching a stream is when the streamer eats and drinks and talks with food in their mouth on camera. Nothing like having an earful of their esophagus passing food.

ok

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I can't quite make that out. Do you have a bigger pic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

• Locked thread