Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rutibex posted:

i would buy the NintSega Super Master System

Nega
Segtendo
Super Family-Boy Game Hutch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

USB-C works great on several devices that I own. This is Nintendo's doing.

Oh it's not USB-C's fault. The spec lets you do this. But several other devices have had similar issues, like Macbooks charging battery packs instead of the other way around. Just poor implementation by companies.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Given the choice between a Switch and a portable Dreamcast, I wouldn't even think twice. 4 player Powerstone 2 over wifi. It's called heaven look it up

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nega
Segtendo
Super Family-Boy Game Hutch

Segtendo Mega Cube

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

"Nintendo should stop making consoles and make their games for everyone else" - Idiots who have no grasp of how long it's going to take N to finally be out of the pile of money they sit on to have this happen.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
So we're idiots for suggesting they don't bleed themselves dry with endless gimmicks and compromises?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Haha that pile disappeared a long time ago. That was the Wii U defence.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

NeoGAF is a goldmine right now, holy poo poo. Can't wait for the first less than 100% review because there are gonna be some hilarious meltdowns

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Leon Einstein posted:

Why is the OS 7 gigs? What could it possibly have on it?

Gotta really pack in all those Mario "hoo-hoo!" voice clips

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

So we're idiots for suggesting they don't bleed themselves dry with endless gimmicks and compromises?
Kinda, it's just how this weird rear end company is gonna be.

Haha that pile disappeared a long time ago. That was the Wii U defence.
Nah they still got some $Billions in the bank, I just looked.
"As of March 31, 2016, cash and deposits total 534,706 million yen. This is equivalent to 4.46 billion dollars."

They're going to keep doing what they do and idc cause Splatoon 2 is coming out and that's all I want.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LethalGeek posted:

"Nintendo should stop making consoles and make their games for everyone else" - Idiots who have no grasp of how long it's going to take N to finally be out of the pile of money they sit on to have this happen.

Someone do the math on this one

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
300 billion moon bucks from the looks of it

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
so how many more failed consoles does 300 billion moon bucks buy you

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
About 100 Quatloos.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Even companies that currently print money and sit on a pile of it start to panic when they feel the winds change and that poo poo does not last as long as anyone thinks when things go bad. MS basically shat out a billion dollars over the early Surface garbage.

But yeah, Nintendo will probably still be fine because nostalgia is a hell of a money maker and they could make more of it once they do things like not having their entire NES Classic line manufactured out of some guy's garage. Hell there are enough necessary extra accessories you have to buy for the Switch that they'll make a bajillion dollars off the people that have already preordered it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Give consumers what they want: a darker, more mature Mario.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moon Atari posted:

Give consumers what they want: a darker, more mature Mario.

people were talking about this 20 pages ago but I honestly don't get who the gently caress wants more story driven games outside of maybe one specific genre. If you want a story there's already plenty of media formats that can provide you better quality than the young adult fiction you get in gaming, or if that's your dig you can still read/watch trashy poo poo if you want. Who played through mass effect and went "you know, what this squad based action rpg really needed was 25% of the game to be mashing through dialogue and cutscenes so experimenting with different builds, teams, and strategies is so tedious it's basically not worth it."? Weighing games down with too much plot makes them 1 playthrough wonders, which is fine in specific genres that are basically designed to be interactive novels but absolutely blows for games that are meant to be games.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

if u dont buy nintendo switch mario will eat u

quote this post and ull be safe

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jyrque posted:

if u dont buy nintendo switch mario will eat u

quote this post and ull be safe

Shouldn't this be Luigi?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

*in the sega jingle*

Ni-GA~

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There's also the issue that once this piece of poo poo comes out no one will ever buy their consoles again and so they won't waste their precious pile of cash on another turd

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bomberman is $50 and doesn't even run at 60 fps :discourse:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Teikanmi posted:

There's also the issue that once this piece of poo poo comes out no one will ever buy their consoles again and so they won't waste their precious pile of cash on another turd

Manchildrenwho adore zeldas and marios would keep buying the same console twice a year if they released limited editions with exclusive faceplates. 2040 and retards are still paying 300 bucks for the original nintendo switch, except this time the controllers are pink and with a picture of yoshis feet

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
This is going to be the greatest console ever for keeping terminal bluehairs in a convalescence home mildly engaged for two weeks.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LethalGeek posted:

Kinda, it's just how this weird rear end company is gonna be.
Nah they still got some $Billions in the bank, I just looked.
"As of March 31, 2016, cash and deposits total 534,706 million yen. This is equivalent to 4.46 billion dollars."

They're going to keep doing what they do and idc cause Splatoon 2 is coming out and that's all I want.

Those are stats from almost a year ago. They've sold virtually nothing in the past year.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-02-yes-nintendo-switch-cards-really-do-taste-bad-on-purpose

Wow. Day 1 unbuy. You mean I can't even suckle on neutral plastic of my newly bought games first thing after unwrapping them? What a piece of poo poo console.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Given the nature of the Swtich, if Nintendo maybe pushes for publishers (and even themselves) to have new retail games at launch to fall in the $25-40 range of the average 'portable' title rather than the $40-60 range of 'console' titles, I could see it carving out a bit of a niche for people would would sort of take all the performance trade offs for lower-priced games that can be played both on their TVs and on the go.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Botw got a 40 from famitsu but it can't even get a 40 from the framerate counter stay salty nintencucks

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Just make a traditional console with a traditional controller.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm super excited to go pick up my Switch and Breath of the Wild in about 20 hours!

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

The Dennis System posted:

Just make a traditional console with a traditional controller.

yeah pretty loving much

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
seriously you stupid faggots, look into wii u modding

every console up to N64 playable on the gamepad is crazy

and if you mod the virtual wii part n64 shoddily included!

plus play gamecube and wii roms oh man

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Those are stats from almost a year ago. They've sold virtually nothing in the past year.

I looked up the quarterly report and you're right, the stats are out of date. They have 5.8 billion USD in the bank now, probably due in part to the billion dollars in profit they had made by Dec. 31.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
lol @ anyone who says nintendo will ever die, yeah their consoles suck but if they went the sega route and became 2nd party they'd live forever making lovely IPs for sony for life

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
if they went to microsoft and sony and said okay who wants exclusive rights to mario/pokemon/zelda/metroid/starfox/earthbound etc there'd be the biggest bidding war since jesus's petrified anus was discovered

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
oval office stands for crazy unwashed nintendo trannys

im sorry for the meltdown okay just SWITCH ME

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

sale on Banksy art posted:

I looked up the quarterly report and you're right, the stats are out of date. They have 5.8 billion USD in the bank now, probably due in part to the billion dollars in profit they had made by Dec. 31.

Probably on account of them selling off their tangible long term assets like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So, the carts are sprayed with something so children won't swallow them.

Which means their target audience is small children.

or better put

It's a console for babies

• Locked thread