Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
can someone link me to the large taint referred to in the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

free basket of chips posted:

can someone link me to the large taint referred to in the title

Turn on your monitor.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Leavemywife posted:

Turn off your monitor.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Pentiginous relationships involving 4 gross failed clones banging Nurgle are always so complicated.

Ninjaedit: when you see a fork in the road don't take it, for the love of all that is right and good.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
I'll just say this:

Transitional lenses are the fedora of glasses.

People didn't care too much about them before, but now they are looked down upon.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Close but I'm pretty sure the fedora of glasses are the ones with circular lenses.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Boofchicken posted:

I'll just say this:

Transitional lenses are the fedora of glasses.

People didn't care too much about them before, but now they are looked down upon.

I think there's a subconscious reaction to the transitions because they almost always tend to darken a bit indoors which sets off the same douche senses that people who wear sunglasses indoors give off.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Are hot people ever poly?

Pictured: Jennifer Diane Reitz, that horrible man who ruined her kokoro wish!!!!!, and miscellaneous other partner (Half-melted Rachel Dratch?)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Are hot people ever poly?

Pictured: Jennifer Diane Reitz, that horrible man who ruined her kokoro wish!!!!!, and miscellaneous other partner (Half-melted Rachel Dratch?)

You could tell me that all three of these people were the same person in costume for an adult swim original show and I'd believe you.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

We probably all do support those fuckwads, because I bet at least one of them's on disability. :smith:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

AlbieQuirky posted:

We probably all do support those fuckwads, because I bet at least one of them's on disability. :smith:

I would donate money so the lady could finish her transition, but not with that shirt, I won't.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Two thread favourites appear on this TV show, the idea of the show was some sort of AMA where participants would answer random questions about their condition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpRjpROxco

The interesting thing is how the men appear to accept they've stuffed up and need to change, the guy in the black shirt was on Biggest Loser, while the women dismiss the idea there might be a risk.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Here are some classics.
21 feet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk59imFr6yI
121 feet (21 foot parody) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8
It's tape! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34
Always makes me laugh, katana vs Buglar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM
And how I learned to fight IRL, twin katana and the ancient samurai ponytail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqVQT9Det6Q

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

WebDog posted:

Two thread favourites appear on this TV show, the idea of the show was some sort of AMA where participants would answer random questions about their condition.

The interesting thing is how the men appear to accept they've stuffed up and need to change, the guy in the black shirt was on Biggest Loser, while the women dismiss the idea there might be a risk.

Is the lady in the black and white the same one from the last fat derail? They look very similar.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Nuebot posted:

Is the lady in the black and white the same one from the last fat derail? They look very similar.

Fat people all end up looking the same.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tarantula posted:

And how I learned to fight IRL, twin katana and the ancient samurai ponytail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqVQT9Det6Q

My favorite thing about this video (and similar) is that it's so incredibly obvious that they "learned" fighting from video games because they always include the weapon charge-up time. You know that in his mind he's gotta wait for his sword to flash or else he can't execute Dragon Buster at full damage.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

My favorite thing is at 0:39 when he turns and you see that ponytail for the first time. It's like running into your old high school swim-team buddy at the airport and catching up over a seven-dollar beer at the generic Irish-themed pub in C concourse.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I would donate money so the lady could finish her transition, but not with that shirt, I won't.

I mean even if she changed her shirt, that wouldn't remove her SS tattoo.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nuebot posted:

Yup. And she's still the master of deflecting pertinent questions.

Guy in black knows he's hosed up (and gently caress me, he's only 40? I'm 3 years younger than he is and look about 2 decades younger) and is the most honest out of the lot, but the others will smugly "well actually have you considered reframing that question?" themselves into a foot amputation or worse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm too busy reframing my doors after you got stuck in them to also reframe my questions right now, ffs.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It's like a centaur of sorts, where a pudgy guy was grafted on to the hips and legs of a muscular woman.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Looks like Shmorky is finally making some headway transitioning into a klurf

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Smurf cosplay lookin' good.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's like a centaur of sorts, where a pudgy guy was grafted on to the hips and legs of a muscular woman.

a muscular pregnant woman.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

green chicken feet posted:

a muscular pregnant woman.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Besides the Stoli, they have kinda poo poo choices for liquor there.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

I don't know.

I just don't know.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Thank you for further causing me to examine the facts. I just noticed that the person in question has a woman's purse on the counter..?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

green chicken feet posted:

Thank you for further causing me to examine the facts. I just noticed that the person in question has a woman's purse on the counter..?

Down with the patriarchy!

I'm jealous that women get to carry purses. So much room

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ularg posted:

Down with the patriarchy!

I'm jealous that women get to carry purses. So much room

Women's pants have tiny lovely pockets though.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Slime posted:

The solution to this is to make cargo pants as trendy on women as yoga pants currently are. No more need to lug a handbag around! Maybe accessorize it with one of those spiffy photographers vests so they have easy access to their makeups and tampons and whatnot.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Slime posted:

Yea, that's why I understand purses are a thing. I'm not sure what came first, women wanting to wear very tight pants or companies making only very tight pants for women.

Women, come together and fight for your right to pockets!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm glad the red devil from Cow and Chicken is doing alright.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ularg posted:

Yea, that's why I understand purses are a thing. I'm not sure what came first, women wanting to wear very tight pants or companies making only very tight pants for women.

Women, come together and fight for your right to pockets!

I think purses came first because women didn't wear pants for a long time. Then when they started making pants for women they didn't bother giving them decent pockets because most women were already carrying purses.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WebDog posted:

As a fat person slowly becoming less fat, I have respect for the guy in the black shirt, contempt for the ginger, and pity for the ladies.

Black shirt guy obviously has just given up, but he tried. Ginger dude "I'd just eat the first thing I see in the pantry, chocolate biscuits, or if I saw a carrot...I'd still eat the chocolate biscuits." Mother fucker, if you know you always eat those, stop buying them. Snacks are fine, the occasional chocolate biscuit would be fine, IF it was one or two every few days or even less often. I know, I had to stop buying a lot of snacks I liked because I'd just eat the whole drat package. So I just stopped getting the package. I still have a bag of chips, but not daily, or even weekly.

The ladies...the one who said she was exercising 6 to 8 hours a day, she's deluding herself. She absolutely was either not exercising that much, or she was doing it incorrectly. Or eating absolutely ridiculously. Either way, she's wrong.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I feel bad for the woman in the black shirt, too. When medicine took me down from 245 to 180 or whatever I didn't feel any different. If anything I felt worse because I couldn't hold down a meal or eat more than a few bites. Oh here's an apple, I can only eat a quarter of it, if I can get past the first bite. Then I got off the medicine cause it was getting dangerous and I got all my weight back instantly. And now I'm putting on more weight because I determined eating stuff like Ice Cream more than never was better than feeling miserable about myself all the time. You eat one meal a day that's a proper cooked and balanced meal and you avoid all sweets, chocolate, ice cream, cake, pie. Then you still end up fat, it sucks.

I'm the AUG.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Reading some actual stats on weight loss success is really depressing. It seems once you really balloon up it's incredibly hard to lose the weight and keep it off. It's like any addiction where it can be extremely hard not to relapse. Some drugs are easier to kick and you can actually "beat" the addiction, but for food/overeating it's always going to be there. And unlike an alcoholic that knows he can't drink in moderation so doesn't at all, fats can't just abstain from food because they know they can't control their portions or snacking and have fridges and cupboards full of food tempting them every moment.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Mar 2, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Losing a lot of weight is really difficult, I don't think anyone would deny that. It's when someone starts getting into that "I ate totally healthy for a whole year and exercised 4 hours a day but I still gained weight!" crap that I start to roll my eyes. If you eat the right things in the right portions, and exercise daily, it is almost literally impossible not to lose weight unless you have some sort of legit medical issue.

I totally get why some people don't have success with it, and I do think it should be treated compassionately like a true addiction. But convincing yourself that its an impossible problem to solve doesn't help the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

In pretty much all the cases of "I'm doing everything right but not losing weight!! Maybe my biology just doesn't obey thermodynamics!" they're always cheating and lying to others or even to them selves, just like an addict. It's infuriating and sad.

I knew a guy who was "desperate" to lose weight. Was reasonably fit for a long time but also very active and sporty so ate like an athlete and got very used to this sort of diet. Got older, ballooned the gently caress up and was told he HAD to lose weight by his doctors. He would then complain about how he was starving himself and practically fasting but every single time I'd ever go for dinner or out he'd order the most food out of anyone. "Oh today's my cheat day" or "I haven't been here in years" or "I didn't know the portions were so big". Every single time, always some excuse why this time it didn't count. Could never just get a single normal entre, it would always be the biggest one, and an extra side, and an appetizer or two. But he was convinced his lack of weight loss was 100% down to his biology.

• Locked thread