Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean let's talk some milk theory for a second

what's stopping sessions from telling everyone to gently caress off? not like trump is gonna fire him

nothin really but it would be extremely difficult to hold any sort of position, power, or even comfort if the entire DOJ/FBI/CIA is against you and you're supposed to be their boss

though every time this administration blunders into another huge scandal and refuses to do anything about it that guillotine gets just a little sharper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

:shrug:

Election was probably hacked mate and everyone knew trump was a Russian puppet

I don't know what to tell you

Comey hosed up maybe, unless he's playing a long game.

comey knew what he was doing, but i don't think his goals really aligned with his job

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Impeach Comey now

NOW you son of bitch!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

I dont get vote tampering at all from that article.

quote:

The warning signs had been building throughout the summer, but were far from clear. As WikiLeaks was pushing out emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee through online publication, American intelligence began picking up conversations in which Russian officials were discussing contacts with Trump associates, and European allies were starting to pass along information about people close to Mr. Trump meeting with Russians in the Netherlands, Britain and other countries.

But what was going on in the meetings was unclear to the officials, and the intercepted communications did little to clarify matters — the Russians, it appeared, were arguing about how far to go in interfering in the presidential election. What intensified the alarm at the Obama White House was a campaign of cyberattacks on state electoral systems in September, which led the administration to deliver a public accusation against the Russians in October.

But it wasn’t until after the election, and after more intelligence had come in, that the administration began to grasp the scope of the suspected tampering and concluded that one goal of the campaign was to help tip the election in Mr. Trump’s favor. In early December, Mr. Obama ordered the intelligence community to conduct a full assessment of the Russian campaign.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i guess now this explains why the wh has been blaming obama lately. they pre-projected to this news.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I opened up the awful app to see about 1500 new posts in this thread. Is turmmp dead?

we all know now that jeff sessions is a russian spy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppl8KJETIfQ

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

redneck nazgul posted:

List of assassinations

From Intellipedia, the super secret encyclopedia

This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

i guess now this explains why the wh has been blaming obama lately. they pre-projected to this news.

:tinfoil:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
It's March 2nd, do things matter?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

my prediction: trump towers were actually carefully placed on nodes of mystical significance and we all start callin each other chummer

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Thanks Jeb!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I opened up the awful app to see about 1500 new posts in this thread. Is turmmp dead?

read them and find out

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

no but Sessions' career is!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nichael posted:

Yeah, they made it known, but they didn't really push it as hard as it needed to be pushed. I'm reading all these things "coming out" now, and while the specific details are new to me, the narrative is not at all. We all knew that this was generally occurring. The security agencies definitely did. They ultimately failed in preventing this.

counterpoint: now republicans have to own it or run away from the president and direct meddling from oblammo would've caused a loving revolt from the usual suspects

it might be me just being tired but this might be the one loving time obama actually was playing 12th dimensional chess

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Thanks Jeb!
did he fix it?

punchymcpunch posted:

my prediction: trump towers were actually carefully placed on nodes of mystical significance and we all start callin each other chummer
called it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

poo poo, if there was legit russian tampering in state electoral systems, the US constitutional system doesn't really have a means of lawfully addressing that i don't think

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Again

quote:

the Russians, it appeared, were arguing about how far to go in interfering in the presidential election. What intensified the alarm at the Obama White House was a campaign of cyberattacks on state electoral systems in September, which led the administration to deliver a public accusation against the Russians in October.

But it wasn’t until after the election, and after more intelligence had come in, that the administration began to grasp the scope of the suspected tampering and concluded that one goal of the campaign was to help tip the election in Mr. Trump’s favor. I

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

punchymcpunch posted:

slot off drekface

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nichael posted:

Yeah, they made it known, but they didn't really push it as hard as it needed to be pushed. I'm reading all these things "coming out" now, and while the specific details are new to me, the narrative is not at all. We all knew that this was generally occurring. The security agencies definitely did. They ultimately failed in preventing this.

The list of should haves is getting long, mate

1. Should have not let Clinton run
2. Should have given Comey some concrete shoes
3. Should have not elected a god drat orange gelatinous monster as President
4. Should have had one more hearing about Benghazi

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

counterpoint: now republicans have to own it or run away from the president and direct meddling from oblammo would've caused a loving revolt from the usual suspects

it might be me just being tired but this might be the one loving time obama actually was playing 12th dimensional chess

i wish he played 2 dimensional chess in summer instead, but i'll take what i can get

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

nevermind paul, its all bunch of goblin piss

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

i'll start using shadowrun slang just as soon as bernie turns into a dragon

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah

I'm seeing it

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Chokes McGee posted:

no but Sessions' career is!

remember where this kind of thinking got us a few months ago?

nothingmatters.exe

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

im going to loving lol forever if rare pepes and economically anxious sisterfuckers unintentionally exposed a web of russian plants in the american government

ayyyy lace up ur lollin shoes

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Night nerds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywvdDuuiM80

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

poo poo, if there was legit russian tampering in state electoral systems, the US constitutional system doesn't really have a means of lawfully addressing that i don't think

god drat it air bud

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
all Trump has to do is yell fake news and say prove it.

then when the proof comes out ignore it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I do think Obama pressing would've caused a revolt, but it's still deeply sad to me that even people posting on a dead gay comedy forum generally knew all of this eight months ago, but it's only becoming relevant now. I don't know how Obama and the security agencies could've handled it in the summer, but then again, why would I know? I'm not a president in my second term.

As for Republicans "owning it", they've owned some awful things in the past and still exist. This might impact them in the short term but they'll be back.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

i am a man seeking
a psy op for
new friends

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

tacodaemon posted:

impeachment. i dont think theres anything in the constitution that would support another round of elections. the us government's chain of command is pretty well established.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

remember where this kind of thinking got us a few months ago?

nothingmatters.exe

I dunno even if the AG is recorded in bed with the Russians and still manages to keep his job that counts as "something" mattering

I mean not in a good way

but still

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bernie stood and clapped

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Sessions has been caught flat out lying to the Senate about meeting Russians during the campaign.

Obama's people spread the intel on the Russian election interference across the departments to prevent to from being suppressed by the incoming Trump Admin.

It's looking like the Russians really did temper in our election.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I'm beginning to think the Trump administration isn't entirely on the level, friends.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
HENRY offenses:
Voted without a clue.
Subwoofer subpar.
Likes music post 2007.

Punishment: Death by guillotine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Sessions has been caught flat out lying to the Senate about meeting Russians during the campaign.

Obama's people spread the intel on the Russian election interference across the departments to prevent to from being suppressed by the incoming Trump Admin.

It's looking like the Russians really did temper in our election.

Yup

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

I do think Obama pressing would've caused a revolt, but it's still deeply sad to me that even people posting on a dead gay comedy forum generally knew all of this eight months ago, but it's only becoming relevant now. I don't know how Obama and the security agencies could've handled it in the summer, but then again, why would I know? I'm not a president in my second term.

As for Republicans "owning it", they've owned some awful things in the past and still exist. This might impact them in the short term but they'll be back.

this is why obama is like "i'm going on vacation, eat poo poo you fucks".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is like a multi party civil war happening right now it's amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm beginning to think the Trump administration isn't entirely on the level, friends.

hang on now give them the benefit of the doubt. did you see trump's speech last night? he didn't have a single run on sentence.

• Locked thread