Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i'm just thinking about today's news cycle and like hoo boy wow talk about giving television media just enough rope to hang itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

no but Sessions' career is!

hope you're correct but wont believe till I see it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think it's plausible, even likely, that they literally hacked the elections. I mean, what exactly were the chances that the polls were all wrong, state by state?

And even if he did win those states "fairly", I'm not opposed to saying they hacked them for the same reasons Donny was never opposed to hunting for that birth certificate.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

Sessions has been caught flat out lying to the Senate about meeting Russians during the campaign.

Obama's people spread the intel on the Russian election interference across the departments to prevent to from being suppressed by the incoming Trump Admin.

It's looking like the Russians really did temper in our election.

trumpists are glad they did.

the only way this matters is if republicans care, and i'm guessing there has been plenty of time to bribe enough of them so this never happens.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm beginning to think the Trump administration isn't entirely on the level, friends.

hmm better hold a committee on this!
-democrats

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

There is like a multi party civil war happening right now it's amazing

yes it is very niceah

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

this is why obama is like "i'm going on vacation, eat poo poo you fucks".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi0uX2sZuFg simpsons did it?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
I hope things get....spicy tomorrow

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
i hope we exile jeff sessions to russia for treason

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

There is like a multi party civil war happening right now it's amazing

this is the laziest civil war imaginable, which fits perfectly honestly

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

impeachment. i dont think theres anything in the constitution that would support another round of elections. the us government's chain of command is pretty well established.

yeah in a case like that it seems like it might be useful if our system had some thing like a "no-confidence vote" but that's not really compatible with our separation-of-powers theory

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

remember where this kind of thinking got us a few months ago?

nothingmatters.exe

:shepface: things might start mattering again soon my guy! don't wanna get caught with your pants down, and miss the mattering train back into saneville!

:sigh:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
also if somehow, in some amazing watergate like moment it takes trump down, you get pence.

literally everything in the pipeline goes ahead except maybe not the immigration ban

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

hmm better hold a committee on this!
-democrats

don 't be hasty dude, we have to hold an inquiry about the possibility of holding a committee first

don't want to waste our political capital

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a real chump posted:

trumpists are glad they did.

the only way this matters is if republicans care, and i'm guessing there has been plenty of time to bribe enough of them so this never happens.

i mean concrete proof of the russians rigging the election and the republicans refusing to do anything about it is a bridge too far

bribe money doesn't do too much when you're swinging from a lamppost

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

OhFunny posted:

Sessions has been caught flat out lying to the Senate about meeting Russians during the campaign.

Obama's people spread the intel on the Russian election interference across the departments to prevent to from being suppressed by the incoming Trump Admin.

It's looking like the Russians really did temper in our election.

The thing is that these mad libs always resolve to "bad thing -> worse thing" every single time. There's no do-over in an election, and even if you did even manage to create a new method of trying to circumvent an issue like this, the motherfuckers who have been crying wolf for three decades now are going to abuse the gently caress out of it.

Trying to keep the Trump admin in stasis or some form of legal arrest is simply untenable for 3 years and 10 months.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

counterpoint: now republicans have to own it or run away from the president and direct meddling from oblammo would've caused a loving revolt from the usual suspects

it might be me just being tired but this might be the one loving time obama actually was playing 12th dimensional chess

idk if it was n-dimensional chess so much as Obama reaaaalllly not wanting to blow the wheels off the whole apparatus of government by accusing the incoming administration of being shot through with Russian interests

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

also if somehow, in some amazing watergate like moment it takes trump down, you get pence.

literally everything in the pipeline goes ahead except maybe not the immigration ban

still better than trump

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
if it takes down pence you get ryan lol

there is literally no upside to any of this

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

remember where this kind of thinking got us a few months ago?

nothingmatters.exe

:shepface: but things might start mattering again soon, my guy! don't wanna get caught with your pants down, and miss the mattering bullet train back into saneville!

:sigh:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a real chump posted:

president ben carson, my man

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

idk if it was n-dimensional chess so much as Obama reaaaalllly not wanting to blow the wheels off the whole apparatus of government by accusing the incoming administration of being shot through with Russian interests

i mean it was, so maybe he should have rocked that boat a little

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a real chump posted:

again, still better than trump

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think it's safe to say that this has been the most amazing first 100 days of American presidency since Lincoln got elected holy cow.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

a real chump posted:

you haven't really given President Ryan's Shitshow a lotta thought have you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

I think it's safe to say that this has been the most amazing first 100 days of American presidency since Lincoln got elected holy cow.

in the alternate Jeb!iverse, we've already made first contact with the asari

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

a real chump posted:

*squints real hard at watch*

little late for your kind

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

president ben carson, my man

and in this way, we get our 2nd black president

trump was... wrong?!?!

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

i would kill for a president ryan right about now i dunno about you all

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
you take down trump, you take out all of his horrible, horrible retinue

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Obama would have been a p good president in the 70s i guess but the dude just had way too much faith in the common decency of americans and their government

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

i mean concrete proof of the russians rigging the election and the republicans refusing to do anything about it is a bridge too far

bribe money doesn't do too much when you're swinging from a lamppost

lmao says who? the american public wont do jack poo poo

look at the border clusterfuck, there were senators being told to get hosed by civilians and nothing happened.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

in the alternate Jeb!iverse, we've already made first contact with the asari

if jeb! was president they would call us.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/joshuaadouglas/status/837172407454531585

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

a real chump posted:

I "joked" about it like 2 weeks in, but a military coup hasn't been in the "Top 10 Worst Ideas" list for a long while now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

plus y know the russia thing implicates the entire campaign, not just trump

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i mean, take out bannon, and we might not have a racial holy war?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

gently caress offfffff

i know we're in dire straits but the last thing i want even now is another election cycle to start

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

paranoid randroid posted:

Obama would have been a p good president in the 70s i guess but the dude just had way too much faith in the common decency of americans and their government

obama's got so much decorum that his shits say "sorry about the smell" when he flushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its loving March lmao

• Locked thread