Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

an actual dog posted:

Why are we the suck zone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxs924BWX80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i almost self-doxxed this morning when i showed an irl friend the DIC patch and immediately asked me where to buy it and said idk and to just reverse GIS it to find the shop site - and ofc the results have a link to my c-spam posting...ahh good thing this forum has a wall :smugdon:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

i almost self-doxxed this morning when i showed an irl friend the DIC patch and immediately asked me where to buy it and said idk and to just reverse GIS it to find the shop site - and ofc the results have a link to my c-spam posting...ahh good thing this forum has a wall :smugdon:

hahahaha
:3:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Suck Zone

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

an actual dog posted:

The Suck Zone

¡ b i e n v e n i d o s !

byob historian has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Feb 27, 2017

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mariana Horchata posted:

i want one

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
still OOS I believe...

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yo somebody who knows a thing or two about betting

i'm putting together a c-spam prediction and betting thread where people can bet on things happening or not happening. i am exploring adding the concept of people betting against others (example: I bet that hillary will run in 2020. another user will bet against me that she will not) but i actually have no clue how this works. i don't really gamble :sweatdrop:

i kinda want a situation to occur like in Games where some dude bet that trump will win and then like a dozen people bet against him, resulting in him getting a ton of free games

if i can't figure it out i'm going to keep it simple and just have them have straightforward bets that don't interact with each other

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
some imp zone dweeb should make goblinbux like a bitcoin variant for us

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My first idea would be soft toxxs. Like risking probs for prestige. Maybe up to bans for fabulous prizes like avs

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Yay we're CSPAM again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Yay we're CSPAM again

we've even in bed with a goblin now

marrying a goblin

having CHILDREN with a goblin

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My first idea would be soft toxxs. Like risking probs for prestige. Maybe up to bans for fabulous prizes like avs

yeah i already have a list of things you can bet, like probations all the way up to bans. no permabans tho, and you can also "bet" an aclu / rainn donation

i just don't understand how you can bet against somebody else

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

logikv9 posted:

yo somebody who knows a thing or two about betting

i'm putting together a c-spam prediction and betting thread where people can bet on things happening or not happening. i am exploring adding the concept of people betting against others (example: I bet that hillary will run in 2020. another user will bet against me that she will not) but i actually have no clue how this works. i don't really gamble :sweatdrop:

i kinda want a situation to occur like in Games where some dude bet that trump will win and then like a dozen people bet against him, resulting in him getting a ton of free games

if i can't figure it out i'm going to keep it simple and just have them have straightforward bets that don't interact with each other

methinks ur on to something good

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

yeah i already have a list of things you can bet, like probations all the way up to bans. no permabans tho, and you can also "bet" an aclu / rainn donation

i just don't understand how you can bet against somebody else

biggest question is how much overhead you want

like a neat solution would be inventing trumpbux and having posters barter for them with bans or probes or donations or whatever (and letting people spend them on sweet prizes) but then someone would have to keep track of the ledger

the lowest overhead would be like you just come up with the bet terms and throw it out there. like "bet in this thread that the piss tape leaks this week, if it leaks the losers eat a month probe, if it doesn't leak the losers eat a 6 hour probe with a giant funny QCS annoying gif"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

some imp zone dweeb should make goblinbux like a bitcoin variant for us

this is great news for cobcoin

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mormonpartyboat posted:

biggest question is how much overhead you want

like a neat solution would be inventing trumpbux and having posters barter for them with bans or probes or donations or whatever (and letting people spend them on sweet prizes) but then someone would have to keep track of the ledger

the lowest overhead would be like you just come up with the bet terms and throw it out there. like "bet in this thread that the piss tape leaks this week, if it leaks the losers eat a month probe, if it doesn't leak the losers eat a 6 hour probe with a giant funny QCS annoying gif"

The latter seems like the safe option out I've considered, the former is too difficult IMO

The problem with the safe option is the lack of like, interaction amongst betters. Like I want people to increase the stakes if possible if somebody bets against them. I also have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't gamble woooo

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Let people bet that someone is a dumbassed bitch who can't get X things right

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

I also have no idea what I'm talking about because I don't gamble woooo

how to be gamble 101:

1) get a solid cajun accent
2) say "over/under" a whole lot

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

this is great news for cobcoin

you cant like, own a cobcoin, man

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm probably going to do the dumbed down betting-lite version for simplicity's sake, it would essentially be a toxx thread without the toxxing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

As an example of America's education at work

My coworkers did not know the name for Herbivores, invertebrates, or what an amphibian is

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

you cant like, own a cobcoin, man

the cobcoins are spoken for

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C-Spam, you're alright.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

As an example of America's education at work

My coworkers did not know the name for Herbivores, invertebrates, or what an amphibian is

Wait

Amphibians are frogs, salamanders, and that weird thing that looks like a giant earthworm

How do you not know what frog is

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
if you want fine grained betting options, some version of TrumpBux is gonna be mandatory

then you just do what bookkeepers do, publish a set of odds and then keep updating those odds as more bets come in, so that when you actually pay out, you're always going to be balanced whatever the outcome

if you want to use probations as the currency, mandate that everyone starts at 0 Trumpbux, and that each inital bet is actually a loan of however many minutes/seconds/whatever of probation

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Wait

Amphibians are frogs, salamanders, and that weird thing that looks like a giant earthworm

How do you not know what frog is

Well they know what frogs are. They didn't know that it is an amphibian or what makes something an amphibian

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
Jesus the educational system failed that person

I had really good Swedish meatballs for lunch, what did you all have?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I had really good Swedish meatballs for lunch, what did you all have?

i'm having breakfast for lunch, cuz lol, hangover

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Three of them. But hey they still have few years of highschool left

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
here is todays requested buspost: its cold and wet and damp

perfect weather :getin:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Al! posted:

here is todays requested buspost: its cold and wet and damp

perfect weather :getin:

i prefer sunny south carolina, if you ask me :smug:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i took a bunch of pics of something cool earlier but they all came out like total poo poo so sorry i got nothing

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i prefer sunny south carolina, if you ask me :smug:
dont act like aint nobody got your number you fukken swamp dweller!!! n o p u n i n t e n d e d but fukk it ill take it omg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGPhzWWgco

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
play it fkn loud

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

play it fkn loud

j u d a s

lol fixed means robbed of the presence of our lord edward michael ballz

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm a substitute teacher bored at work rn how do I do good praxis and use my job to be a left-wing iconoclast??!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Teach the themes of body positivity and the dynamics of Red October through the tour de force Kill la Kill

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*listening to GARNiDELiA literally atm*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
kill la kill took one of my least favorite genres of anime, magic girl (think: sailor moon), and made it into something fantastic that is amazing great till like, the last two episodes when its just alright.

• Locked thread