Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

4 points higher than Bioshock: Infinite.... they said it couldnt be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

at the date posted:

games journalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fc52FlDAm0

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Link closes in on Citizen Kane

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/837031975839936512

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

That was already posted mister cook, I am sorry.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the towers gave me a ubisoft-induced freakout but they don't reveal icons thankfully, I think they just reveal the overall map of the area? And they seem to unlock apps for the Sheikah iPad? I might be totally wrong though lol

yah they just reveal basic landmasses like rivers rivers or whtever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

yah they just reveal basic landmasses like rivers or whtever

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's neat that the towers are just tall spots, it looks like you build out the map notes yourself like a Erian odyssey game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

dan says he was describing this game to someone and was so excited about zelda he started crying

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

It's neat that the towers are just tall spots, it looks like you build out the map notes yourself like a Erian odyssey game
it's really cool. The towers are vantage points and you just use them to zoom in on things and place markers

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
plus you might want to use them to glide down to an advantageous spot, they aren’t just used up content once you’ve climbed them once

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
when zelda has arbitrary map-revealing towers all over the place, it's actually novel and good

in no ubisoft open world game were you able to glide from high points to markers on the map

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
this actually looks really good, and not at all like the pre-alpha of a late-2000s MMO before they made a final pass with art assets

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

at the Games Forum

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

at the date posted:

when zelda has arbitrary map-revealing towers all over the place, it's actually novel and good

in no ubisoft open world game were you able to glide from high points to markers on the map

When you post, it's actually really bad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

at the date posted:

this actually looks really good, and not at all like the pre-alpha of a late-2000s MMO before they made a final pass with art assets

please don't post here

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Can't wait to play the Zelda that's being compared to Skyrim

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh my god. 15 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

at the date posted:

The difference is that Ubisoft games are joyless piles of dogshit that they release 3 times a year

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

When you post, it's actually really bad

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The music I've heard so far is really good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

has the day 1 patch helped the framerate issues people were having?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

has the day 1 patch helped the framerate issues people were having?

edit: apparently the Switch version runs better after the patch

HolePisser1982 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 2, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

dan says he was describing this game to someone and was so excited about zelda he started crying

I plan on crying several times playing this game, just within the first 2 hours.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

The music I've heard so far is really good.
it's fantastic

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have a lot of work to do before i play this, but i'm picking it up on the way home, and might get an hour or two in before i have to get back to work. this is like personally the worst time for this game to be released, lol.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

In Training posted:

i told you

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
launch day is right around the corner so I'm in full blown launch day hype mode, wondering if I should go at midnight to see if I get lucky.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

launch day is right around the corner so I'm in full blown launch day hype mode, wondering if I should go at midnight to see if I get lucky.

I might do this tonight and try and buy a switch..,

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I might do this tonight and try and buy a switch..,

lol same. I have no will power.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I get to play this game tonight, at midnight,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brothers copy arrived in the mail

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

my brothers copy arrived in the mail

WHAty

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ive still got like 30 hrs to go til amazon delivers :trumppop:

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Hizke posted:

THis is gonna be me tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm giving in to the hype very hard on this game but it looks fuckin epic

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Have the reviews stated whether the Wii U version is drastically inferior? I Don't want to buy a switch for a year or two and would love an excuse to dust off the ol' U.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are very minor frame rate issues on the wiiu during large action scenes but otherwise its pretty smooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se-NEt1rxBc

The differences seem limited to screen resolution (720 for WiiU, 900 for Switch) and draw distance for really faraway objects like trees, boulders etc

• Locked thread