Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh! I understand that! If you want another "so bad it's hilarious", check out Divine Gate - it has a main character who prefers to eat cold food because his heart is cold, amongst other nonsensical things.

...Alternatively, watch actually good shows! They're worth it!

That sounds like it has potential for a so bad its good show.

I do watch good shows mostly but bad shows are kind of a guilty pleasure of mine. Right now I am watching Gabriel dropout and From the new world both which are considered good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Beautiful and terrible and cruel and I love it: Scum's Wish

Kyoani saves anime again: Dragon Maid

I hope this gets more cours: March comes in like a lion

Even better than Konosuba 1: Konosuba 2

Trigger is way underrated and this show is fun as heck: Little Witch Academia

Welcome to the Japari Park: Kemono Friends

I loved the VN, but the anime could have used a: Rewrite

So bad it's good: Seiren

Dumb but compelling: Chaos;Child

It's okay I guess: Demi-chan

I'm also finally catching up on the first season of Rakugo, which has been awesome.

Space Flower posted:

already read: [...] rewrite
:yeah:

This season of Rewrite has so far been less of an abject embarrassment than the first one, at least, but it's still only serviceable at best, and generally clumsy and weak in comparison to the source material.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

esselfortium posted:

Dumb but compelling: Chaos;Child

He'll only other person watching/enjoying chaos;child

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

nielsm posted:

But really the additional Yuyushiki was good. Nothing groundbreaking maybe, though I liked the background trio of girls getting some additional attention. However one part that really surprised me was Yui near the end remarking to herself, how Yuzuko despite her silly behavior actually is both intelligent and diligent. It was never something I particularly noticed, but I suppose it's been true all along, and it's a nice departure from the usual character tropes.

I hope someone subs it soon so I can watch it again and get more of the puns.

Yeah the thing about pink is she's actually supposed to be quite smart, iirc it comes up fairly early, then is ignored for good jokes and epic feels

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Watching:
Nobunaga no Shinobi: still a pretty funny 5 minute show.
Maid Dragon: KyoAni has done a great job adapting the manga.
Gabriel Dropout: It's good.
Kemono Friends: WELCOME TO THE CULT!

Waiting until it's finished/saving for a rainy day:
LWA
Konosuba S2
Tanya the Evil
Demi-chan
Urara Meirochou

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's raining right now and all I get to do is rip my hair out over cosines.

No anime soon, yo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's raining right now and all I get to do is rip my hair out over cosines.

No anime soon, yo.

Trigonometry owns.

Having to recognize when to use trigonometric formulas for substitution to solve for integrals/differential equations blows, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched a couple more eps of LWA, and good Lord Akko is annoying. She gets her friends in trouble, talks big, accomplishes nothing, says something vaguely inspirational, and then some character likes her moxie. There's a lot that's charming about the show (the cranky old dragon :3:), but Akko's not contained in that set. It's a wonder her friends put up with her.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I watched a couple more eps of LWA, and good Lord Akko is annoying. She gets her friends in trouble, talks big, accomplishes nothing, says something vaguely inspirational, and then some character likes her moxie. There's a lot that's charming about the show (the cranky old dragon :3:), but Akko's not contained in that set. It's a wonder her friends put up with her.

Ah, Harry Potter.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

to be fair, one of the friends in question is Sucy; and she's definitely a more awful person than Akko.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I feel like in the last two episodes Akko is starting to get more considerate, and she's definitely getting more serious about her studies. Still a hothead though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dogsicle posted:

to be fair, one of the friends in question is Sucy; and she's definitely a more awful person than Akko.

Yeah, but she's a gimmicky side character, not the protagonist! Also, she's occasionally actually useful.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Akko did nothing wrong.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

thank you! Sucy sets them up to literally die from the first ep!!

I think Akko is good—she's pure-hearted, bratty, and works hard—and the only 'problem' is that the show is kind of slow about giving her payoff for her efforts, like when the broom-race ep is over and they're still making gags about how Akko is literally a sandbag in broom class

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Flower posted:

I think Akko is good—she's pure-hearted, bratty, and works hard—and the only 'problem' is that the show is kind of slow about giving her payoff for her efforts, like when the broom-race ep is over and they're still making gags about how Akko is literally a sandbag in broom class

yeah i have no idea what point Cant is at, but the recent eps have improved my opinion of Akko to a degree where i don't really mind her. it always feels a bit lame to say "well it gets better at [arbitrary later point in the show]" but between the fountain revealing Akko will eventually be worthy of being a great witch, Ursula making a really emotionally convincing case for her, and the unprecedented level of care she shows for Sucy this past ep, i'm feeling way better about the series. there's also the addition of a little punishment recap in the recent ep, where it seems like despite Lotte coming off as the good girl, that entire room has a little troublemaking streak in the eyes of the school.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

Trigonometry owns.

Having to recognize when to use trigonometric formulas for substitution to solve for integrals/differential equations blows, though.
Yeah, guess what I was looking at :(

Space Flower posted:

I'm not fully caught up on LWA, but it seems to me they made Sucy out to be much meaner in the series than in the OVAs. Which I'm not 100% happy with.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm not fully caught up on LWA, but it seems to me they made Sucy out to be much meaner in the series than in the OVAs. Which I'm not 100% happy with.

Yeah, I was all excited to see her in the show and when I did she acted less like someone who is giving some friendly teasing and more like an rear end in a top hat just loving with people and trying to get them killed.

Not too thrilled about that change.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Sucy is the best. Ridding this world of the non-fungoid plague, one individual at a time.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I still love the Sucy drawing Yoshinari did for me in my artbook :allears:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Sucy helps Akko with the broom race and also helps Lotte get to the Nightfall book signing thing so I don't think she's actually as bad as you're making her out to be?

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 2, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sucy is worth having alone for her voice alone.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Blank Construct posted:

Sucy helps Akko with the broom race and also helps Lotte get to the Nightfall book signing thing so I don't think she's actually as bad as you're making her out to be?

It seemed she had the same funnily helpful upside, but her downside is ... larger. She's a friend, but a super dick -instead of being friendly teasing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
She nearly straight up murders Luluco, recall.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Costume themes for the next season of Love Live Sunshine

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Masamune-kun this week was really weird. Not quite the comedy ride I thought I'd signed up for, and with a nonsensical twist ending of a sort that doesn't really entice me to tune in next week, since it'll only be further weirdness.

I'm invested enough at this point that I'm sure I'll keep watching, but this was just... weird.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Costume themes for the next season of Love Live Sunshine

Rather, these are the potential themes for the duet and trio singles that are coming out soon, and folks can vote on which group should get which outfit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Push Unicorn Blizzard

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
if folks care to vote for idol outfits that will almost certainly never show up in the anime:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Voting for the outfits for the new duet and trio singles is up!

The groups!

The outfit choices!

A voting guide for the JP-impaired!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If C doesn't get Thunderbolt God, i'm gonna lose my poo poo

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jesus christ my heart.

I feel so sorry for Hana from Scum's Wish. Mugi got honey trapped hard but Hana has nothing.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I was browsing various stuff and came across Nanbaka.

It feels a lot like 'Gintama in Prison' to me for some reason, I've been enjoying it. Does it stay good or get stupid later on?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

khy posted:

It feels a lot like 'Gintama in Prison' to me for some reason, I've been enjoying it. Does it stay good or get stupid later on?

gets stupid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

khy posted:

I dropped Nanbaka when it dropped the humor and spent several episodes in a row seriously getting into the tragic backstories of the characters

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I dropped it after the episode where the moral was "adoptive parents don't love their kids." Though it was already going downhill when they seemed to abandon the "idiots doing random nonsense in prison" thing they had going.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

from what i watched, the ninja was the funniest character entirely because the show made you think he was a method actor who got really into being a lovely ninja...until his super serious backstory revealing he was actually just a lovely ninja and conned into being an actor.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

dogsicle posted:

from what i watched, the ninja was the funniest character entirely because the show made you think he was a method actor who got really into being a lovely ninja...until his super serious backstory revealing he was actually just a lovely ninja and conned into being an actor.

that was the last episode i watched before dropping it

it's a shame because it was really funny before they decided to be serious instead

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It sort of gets funny again but then kinda bounces between the two extremes quite a bit. The excuse I give myself to keep it in my queue is just that I may as well see it through at this point, but I wouldn't really recommend that anyone else follow my example.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I dropped Nanbaka when it dropped the humor and spent several episodes in a row seriously getting into the tragic backstories of the characters

I read the web comic before the anime series started and actually hated it. I love comedy and love the prison setting in media(prison school, prison break, Oz) but this neither represented anything relevant to Prison life or comedic hijinks. The comedy felt really forced and I don't mind good looking male characters but I really hated the design for the characters in this.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This week, the Kamakura Tourist Board finally starts getting their moneys worth

also, can any Colorado goons confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well the new secretary of the interior is from Montana and he showed up for work in DC on a horse, so....maybe?

• Locked thread