Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

is there anything in the constitution that says the president cannot also be the secretary of hud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Carson D Yeas

Brown
Cardin
Carper
Donnelly
Heitkamp
Manchin
Menendez
Reed
Tester
Warner

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahahahahahahah ah ah ah afhehaeha ha

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Well at least he has experience in real estate I guess.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tainen posted:

Carson D Yeas

Brown
Cardin
Carper
Donnelly
Heitkamp
Manchin
Menendez
Reed
Tester
Warner

What the gently caress Cardin

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Al! posted:

ive been out of trumpland because of illness/Torment/torment, but is sessions really on the way out????
Right now, he's between recusing himself from trump's Russia tie investigation and resigning from his post

Serf
May 5, 2011

replace jeff sessions with j/o sessions

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Bethamphetamine posted:

Sessions is a bit different because he was one of Trump's rare nominees that has experience in getting things done within the framework of the government. If he gets replaced with someone equally evil but less competent, that's a plus.

it's also important because administration officials need to have authority among THEIR OWN departments to get anything done. coming in as a 2nd stringer after a couple of weeks basically puts you in the position where your entire department has no reason to trust or listen to you because they have no reason to think you'll be around very long. in addition to the delay of some number of weeks in simply finding a replacement, there will be a delay of some number of MONTHS while the new nominee simply repairs the damage that was done.

Thoguh posted:

He's essentially been accused of committing treason. If he's allowed to just say "my bad" and walk away that's a much bigger deal. Him just resigning won't impact Trump at all long term.

depends on what you mean by 'long term'. even in the most charitable view, donny t only has 3 years before he's going to be at least partially distracted by campaigning again. cleaning up after a gently caress-up leaves typically can take about 6 months, sometimes longer if the new nominee themselves gets any flak whatsoever during the adjustment period. even if you presume sessions is replaced by someone equally as evil and equally as adroit, that's 1/6th of his overall effective time lost.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

So just to confirm, Sessions is going to at worst have to resign with no charges or anything because nothing matters, right? I told y'all not to get your hopes up again last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLfVYYlhkfY

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

loquacius posted:

I'm guessing vote for Carson in committee, my response then and now as a filthy Berniebro is "who cares"

They both voted against Carson

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Addamere posted:

is there anything in the constitution that says the president cannot also be the secretary of hud

Ah, the Airbud defense.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Serf posted:

approvals ratings through the roof

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

and then AG, and then labor, and then just everything else :godwin:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

lol spicey

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Sex page? Sex page. Times 8.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

how is Spicer still employed and still loving everything up this much

Chokes McGee posted:

argh you dorks just because the window has shifted on nefarious evil doesn't mean the rest of the nominees are on the level

hypernormalization~

I said it before, if we make a big stink about Trump's pity appointments, the best-case scenario is that he is replaced with a DeVos-style career lobbyist because Donald Trump still gets to pick replacements and that is what "draining the swamp" means to him. That is much worse.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, the Airbud defense.

:hai:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, the Airbud defense.

AirHUD

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mo_Steel posted:

Sex page? Sex page. Times 8.

:hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

euphronius posted:

Lied to the senate about meeting with Russian spy/ambassador

Tough to see a way out for him other than full gently caress you mode

His credibility is shot tho and it seems the doj is in revolt

jesus loving christ is there someone in trumpland not compromised by the russians haha

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tainen posted:

They both voted against Carson

Not in committee

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh look the sex number is on this page

say nice

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol i didnt even notice i sniped the sex page what a terrible time to be alive

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Serf posted:

lindsey graham's interest is aroused

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jeff Sessions is out, to be replaced with highly decorated military vet "Colonel Sanders"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!
:eyepop: maybe turmp wasn't kidding when he said he was doing more work than any other president

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Serf posted:

ray parker jr. for AG

lock huey lewis up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

jesus loving christ is there someone in trumpland not compromised by the russians haha

Pretend I posted a picture of Ben Carson photoshopped into a Chairman Mao propaganda banner

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

change my name posted:

Jeff Sessions is out, to be replaced with highly decorated military vet "Colonel Sanders"

good, norm deserves a steady income

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Serf posted:

*john lennon voice* WINSTON CHURCHILL

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

sex sax saxby chambliss???

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

loquacius posted:

I said it before, if we make a big stink about Trump's pity appointments, the best-case scenario is that he is replaced with a DeVos-style career lobbyist because Donald Trump still gets to pick replacements and that is what "draining the swamp" means to him. That is much worse.

soooo we allow his first picks in because otherwise he'd pick someone else (who we'd suddenly allow in, I guess?)

jfc

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

is there a place to get the official transcript of the sessions confirmation?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mariana Horchata posted:

ray parker jr. for AG

lock huey lewis up

I can get behind the new bustin platform, it makes me feel pretty good

Serf
May 5, 2011

also i didn't think that trump could put a positive spin on murdering an 8 yo american girl and getting a navy seal killed, but drat if the media didn't do it for him lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mormonpartyboat posted:

good, norm deserves a steady income

Pretty sure Billy Zane is the current Colonel. Or Rob Riggle, if the golden Colonel doesn't count.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!
Has this thread talked about how Sean Spicer dressed up as the WH easter bunny during dubya's tenure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

change my name posted:

he can just nominate some jag lawyer who wont be able to turn down the offer! :ocelot::agesilaus:

• Locked thread