Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
tbh i'm glad we live in the worst timeline today, it just keeps getting crazier and crazier. how much worse can it get? :allears: how much better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boy the right doesn't like it when you phrase perjury and "lying to God's face" but I mean why else would they make you swear in on your holy book?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Venuz Patrol posted:

the actual hilarity here from that one state department article that dropped yesterday is that most of the state department (and by extension probably the intelligence departments) would be totally willing to go along with whatever trump wanted to do, as long as he actually told them what to do. but since all the high level positions are vacant and the appointees he has provided are all mired in factional bullshit, there are no orders or directives coming down the pipeline at all

by all accounts it seems government workers are rebelling more out of boredom than any commitment to a free state

In other words, people care about their jobs, and when you threaten to fire them, they revolt.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Pelosi newser on this page is a scorcher.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Rand Paul is being cool today, let him do his thing.

Sessions committed perjury, full stop. He was asked a clear, broad question, and he gave a false answer. He can't privately decide that he'd rather answer another, more narrow question.

You said full stop and also used a period

Pick one comma, man period.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Schnorkles posted:

Rand Paul is storming around the capital with a copy machine lmao

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/837349317727903745

I can't wait for this scene in the movie.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mariana Horchata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6UKapbttc

i think im just gonna spend the rest of the afternoon getting high af and watching carmen sandiego to pass the hours until i can go back to playing torment

Where are you that you can get high af, watch Carmen sandiego but not play Torment? Because I have to wait to do any of those things until after work :negative:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are going to say the punctuation comma there is no reason to also use it full stop

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

Rand Paul... owns?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Schnorkles posted:

the printer carrier

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hahahaha nice job

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

shiksa posted:

Senior white house officials deemed the learning experience "boring" and "gay"

Reached for further comment, spokesmen made a raspberry sound, rolled their eyes and made a jack off motion in the air

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

if Bannons plan was to replace government with slapstick, things seem to be proceeding apace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0105ht0yoc

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

he only got the brokerage fees from that not the actual stakes, which is still a shitload of money but nowhere near billions

lol art of the deal~!

and speaking of Arting of the Dealing, I like how Donny is such a great manager that only two of the people he hired to staff the highest positions in government have been caught as Russian spies... so far! Two isn't bad!! You're bound to get a few bad apples and literal Russian spies in the bunch as a manager, that's loving business 101, scrubs

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

the actual hilarity here from that one state department article that dropped yesterday is that most of the state department (and by extension probably the intelligence departments) would be totally willing to go along with whatever trump wanted to do, as long as he actually told them what to do. but since all the high level positions are vacant and the appointees he has provided are all mired in factional bullshit, there are no orders or directives coming down the pipeline at all

by all accounts it seems government workers are rebelling more out of boredom than any commitment to a free state

They probably also don't like the idea of being expected to do XYZ without the proper official word from above them. Nobody wants to be drafted into being Ollie North.

euphronius posted:

If you are going to say the punctuation comma there is no reason to also use it full stop

Roger over

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'm taking the Trump Administration's whole 'we only found out about Sessions from the news' to be a good sign that they're going to throw Sessions under the bus to keep their long con going. If Trump is being extorted by Putin, he has no friends he won't throw overboard to keep it going. Plus, this is Trump, he has no friends to begin with, only people he will eventually toss.

Sessions may be dead man walking.

As for Marine Le Pen, I'm guessing the whole 'Russia is funding the right-wing of most countries' is taking off if they're revoking immunity and letting people in her camp get charged. Things may be mattering, but it's interesting to see how this whole week plays out. I really get the feeling the attempt to save Sessions by having him duck out of an investigation isn't going to work and will just add more fire for the Trump Administration to dump him.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
this was a bad election for harry reid to retire

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder if political stunts are union work

Moving printers certainly is

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mirthless posted:

tbh i'm glad we live in the worst timeline today, it just keeps getting crazier and crazier. how much worse can it get? :allears: how much better?

this poo poo is seriously loving up my productivity

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i need a spicy trump tweet

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rand Paul... owns?

he gets one day a year where he's not completely poo poo, today is his day

I hope he enjoys it

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/CahnEmily/status/837371741336920065

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Caterpillar is getting raided by the feds, this can only be good for the economy!

Wonder if they're looking for illegals, cracking down on offshored taxes, what.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Burt Sexual posted:

this poo poo is seriously loving up my productivity

really though i am not getting anything done today :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sessions may talk if thrown over board

Big risk for trumbo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

eonwe posted:

rand paul was the goon who hauled his printer to the girls house and just got a 'thanks'

thand

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Nancy Pelosi chases Sessions into the Statuary Hall but loses him. She looks around suspiciously. Suddenly, one of the statues leaps from its pedestal and breaks for the Great Rotunda, passing Ryan, himself fleeing the Senate Chamber and a torch-wielding Rand Paul.

Ryan: "Morning, Jeff."
Sessions: "Morning, Paul."

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

...The Aristocrats!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

i need a spicy trump tweet

I think he's speaking on an aircraft carrier in a bit; I expect it to be very salty.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ron paul carried the printer

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

I wonder if political stunts are union work

Moving printers certainly is

looking for the bill

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

but guys the president read a good speech

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
this admin is so mean and incompetent that gwb and rand paul are "the good guys"

:psyduck:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/darth/status/837352088556359680

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe we're in one of those 1960s Batman episodes where Joker leaked gas into Congress that makes them do silly things.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

this admin is so mean and incompetent that gwb and rand paul are "the good guys"

:psyduck:

it's the plot in every lovely sci-fi show and comic book ever where the good guys team up with their nemeses to fight even worse bad guys

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lol Nancy Pelosi bringing her dogs in like a fuckin Louisiana sheriff chasing a chain gang escapee

waht the hecking hell is going on

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

lol Nancy Pelosi bringing her dogs in like a fuckin Louisiana sheriff chasing a chain gang escapee

Is this the worst timeline... or the best timeline?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this the worst timeline... or the best timeline?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28klp1qQGI the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

• Locked thread