Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Something that has always bothered me, when do estates decide that giving you a level 3 advisor is better than a level 2 one? Because I swear, that threshold is way too early, they start offering level 3s way, way before I can afford them, even at half price. I want a level 2 advisor! :qq:

Node fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

When your monthly income is greater than 25 ducats.

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Estates - everything you need to know about estates.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Tsyni posted:

Convert Eu4 into a hex based map, imo.

don't even joke about that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Allow only one regiment per hex and you have yourself a deep strategy game!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

Well whatever the gently caress it is, that Russian Army should not have been able to bypass a fort I put there explicitly to block that approach/slow them down. They entered from the north, left to the south and run to Anatolia. This needs to be fixed.

Do you mind setting up the scenario again and posting a screenshot? That video has made me think that there's a logical explanation behind what you've observed

That's not to say that the current fort movement system is well-designed or even makes sense, just that there may be an explanation beyond "nope AI just ignored ZOC completely". It seems like ZOC is something that you can ignore in some circumstances, but those often seem like edge cases (or water disembarkation lol that is for sure just the result of bad design) and what you describe sounds too simple to fall into the normal stack of weirdness

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 1, 2017

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
make each hex exactly 5 miles across for maximum strategic depth

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Hexes or zoom in total war style battles. Mount and blade style also accepted. You control the general.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Hexes or zoom in total war style battles. Mount and blade style also accepted. You control the general.

imagine EU4 but with mount and blade combat holy poo poo

that would be the spergiest, most awesome game

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pellisworth posted:

imagine EU4 but with mount and blade combat holy poo poo

that would be the spergiest, most awesome game

I'm picturing my castle with 30 men defending and approx 200,000 Ottomans climbing aboard the battlements.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Tsyni posted:

I'm picturing my castle with 30 men defending and approx 200,000 Ottomans climbing aboard the battlements.

Khergits ignoring my fort zone of controls :doom:

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

What exactly causes the bug where ironman games are no longer achievement eligible? Still showing that it's ironman, but the in-game achievement list is completely empty and blank. The achievement icon isn't greyed out, you can click on it, it's just empty and you can no longer get achievements in that game once it happens. I've had this bite me in the rear end twice now, should've just gotten "Spain Is The Emperor" and now I gotta start over after a great run.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It's not my favourite song, but hey, neat reference that I haven't noticed before.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

THE BAR posted:

It's not my favourite song, but hey, neat reference that I haven't noticed before.
Nice catch. Are you Denmark in India?!?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
There is this stupid OPM in Indonesia that is sitting on tropical wood. My chance to raise increase my spy network there is 0% because they have over 100% spy defense from Espionage and counter-espionage. Am I seriously going to have to wait until advanced CBs before I can declare war on this guy without lowering stability?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Node posted:

There is this stupid OPM in Indonesia that is sitting on tropical wood. My chance to raise increase my spy network there is 0% because they have over 100% spy defense from Espionage and counter-espionage. Am I seriously going to have to wait until advanced CBs before I can declare war on this guy without lowering stability?

Unless you can get him to insult you or declare on his ally or pick up religious ideas (and he's of a different religion) then you might have to wait or just take the stab hit.

You could try picking up a spy network adviser and see if that boosts you over 0% too though.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Nice catch. Are you Denmark in India?!?

Based on those culture groups I'd say he's a Denmark that consolidated Scandinavia and conquered his way across Russia and central Asia, all the way into India, with fun extra bits in Germany and Scotland.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PittTheElder posted:

Based on those culture groups I'd say he's a Denmark that consolidated Scandinavia and conquered his way across Russia and central Asia, all the way into India, with fun extra bits in Germany and Scotland.

Holyshit you're right. Thats a lot of conquest to have done by 1684!

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
I think teleporting generals should be fixed. F.ex by making them similar to diplomats when they get reassigned. When you remove a general as a leader of an army you trace the distance to the capitol and figure out a travel time. Then halve it or something to simulate that it just a small group of people getting the best horses and ships to travel. And when you assign them to an army they actually have to travel to it from the capital. This is a good approximation I think as in real life there actually would have to be messages sent out from central command first to give the order for the reassignment. For armies in close proximity they should implement a way where you can just switch generals between armies.

I am just playing a game now as Hesse and it is insane how my super general can teleport around in a war to do all the big fights.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Source your quotes.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Mandate of Heaven expansion pack officially announced.

No release date or price but we do have a quick summary of the new junk.

code:
Historical Ages and Golden Eras: Meet objectives in four historical ages from the Age of Discovery to the Age of Revolutions, earning new bonuses and powers for your country. Declare a Golden Era to further increase your chance of success.

Chinese Empire: New mechanics for Ming China, including Imperial Decrees and Imperial Reforms to bolster the Dragon Throne

Tributaries: Force your neighbors to pay tribute to your Chinese Empire, paying you in gold, manpower or monarch points

New Japanese Rules: Daimyos now owe loyalty to the Shogun – and the Shogun is whomever controls the imperial capital of Kyoto. Force your lesser rivals to commit seppuku to preserve their honor

Manchu Banners: Rally the Manchu warlords around your throne and call up the traditional banners to reinforce your army

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
How do I Wallachia? I managed to survive to the 1600s and finally got Austria as an ally but, the ottomans have bohemia and 90k troops. the ottomans never seem to go to war with anyone of similar size either so they're never at a weakpoint where I can do anything.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Huh, I wonder what the numbers mean.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

offer alliance is probably the sum of all the modifiers - i.e.

+4 relative strength of armies
+20 positive relationship
-25 filthy heathen
+20 mutual enemy of perfidious french.

totals

+19 alliance offer

and the list below that is probably just a list of countries most likely to get you an alliance.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I never knew I needed that until now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Koramei posted:

Oh thank god, they've finally done it. That's like 2-3 hours a game of tedium gone.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Koramei posted:

Oh drat that's amazing.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What would the grey nations mean in this context? Naples and the Lowlands are probably under a PU, but the Ottomans? Burgundy?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

burgundy is already brittany's ally at the start, probably the same for ottomans here

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
That feature alone...wow, great. I can't decide if I should finish my world conquest, or just put it off again and wait for the expansion. The classic struggle.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jay Rust posted:

What would the grey nations mean in this context? Naples and the Lowlands are probably under a PU, but the Ottomans? Burgundy?

Yeah, it's just "not eligible for alliance offer" probably. Vassals, junior partners, and current allies.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's impressive work, Brittany!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Koramei posted:

:staredog:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Holy crap I want this, I need this now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

so the offer alliance 22 is probably 22 countries that want alliances. dissolve this alliance 1 is probably burgundy. which means brittany is supporting the independence of one nation, which i think is athens ruled over by the ottomans

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Thatś all very nice, but what I most wanted in UI improvements was to be able to see army and navy information about a particular nation on its diplomatic screen, instead of having to go to the ledgers and search for it

I dont understand why they dont put such crucial data where the player can easily see it. I would understand if they didnt want us to have that information. But it is already available, just not in a very pratical way

edit: maybe even a new screen (or a new tab on the diplo screen) with all the data you can find on the ledgers about a nation (army, navy, manpower, gold, income, score, whatever)

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 2, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

oddium posted:

so the offer alliance 22 is probably 22 countries that want alliances. dissolve this alliance 1 is probably burgundy. which means brittany is supporting the independence of one nation, which i think is athens ruled over by the ottomans
And Provence is a Rival?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah it would make sense. the real mystery... is how any country could possibly get over 1 corruption...

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Holy gently caress that's huge. Finding allies is so goddamn tedious.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Koramei posted:

Sweet gently caress. I think that only in Paradox games you will find people that cream over a UI update. That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stop playing for a loving month and there's already an expansion out and one more being produced.

This is ridiculous. Stop! I can't afford this!

• Locked thread