Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Funnily there's a similar debate happening in overwatch, where people who pick a class most teammates see as somewhere between neutral in the best of conditions and actively throwing the game otherwise often get reported for not cooperating with their team in a team oriented game where everyone else who is trying to win is working towards building a team that can actually win. It kinda sticks the devs in a hairy spot of "do you admit you done hosed up and it's reasonable for people to not wanna play with a teammate who is trying to do x/y/z in a team game" or "do you double down on the idea that you included x/y/z in the game and so players should be allowed to do it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

its super easy to 1v2 and cs under tower until the enemy team somehow notices you're 1v2 and you're under tower and its loving trivially easy to dive you because your support is in the enemy jungle and told you to "play safe" and will yell at you if you die to the dive you almost definitely can't do poo poo about

edit: this assumes the jungle or mid never show up for the free kill party and why wouldnt they

hell I can't get the mid or jungle to not show up for the free kill party when it's a 2v2, usually both of them come on down.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

its super easy to 1v2 and cs under tower until the enemy team somehow notices you're 1v2 and you're under tower and its loving trivially easy to dive you because your support is in the enemy jungle and told you to "play safe" and will yell at you if you die to the dive you almost definitely can't do poo poo about

edit: this assumes the jungle or mid never show up for the free kill party and why wouldnt they

Also assumes the other team don't know how to set up freezes and deny you xp

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Riot will always choose to protect their bottom line and so it's going to be a profit motivated decision, which means they'll choose to not ban people who play this weird off meta stuff because it keeps them playing and buying skins

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

JerryLee posted:

In my dreamworld the outcome of the talk is "hey maybe let's work on changing the game so that the meta isn't like a ball and chain around everyone's collective ankle"

I know that's just a pipe dream though.

Why is having a meta so vilified? What exactly is the problem with having a basic template to play the game in? It's not as if the meta is so rigid that you have to play every game identically, "if you queue for the role in bot you should hang around bot" doesn't seem like it's ~chaining my free spirit~. When you're playing cooperatively with people you've never met before with maximum like five minutes prep time it seems nothing but positive to have a starting point for strategy. If this dude wants to change the game up he should play with someone who's down to do that, not inflict it on people who don't. Nowhere in this "communication" does he ever compromise or negotiate, he just says "I'm doing this, here's a guide to how to not get hosed over by it"

Riot's discussion is literally just how to spin it. They just don't want to give any ammo to people who accuse them of being tyrannical. Maybe they'll leave him unbanned just because banning him looks bad but I highly doubt the result of this meeting will be "maybe the ADC SHOULD just suck it up"

More likely they'll Al Capone it and ban him for something else "totally unrelated"

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 2, 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'm glad they rescinded Nunu guys ban because if playing smite counter jungle Nunu support is bannable then obviously the next step is banning everyone who doesn't pick the highest win rate champ on champion.gg based on matchup.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm glad they rescinded Nunu guys ban because if playing smite counter jungle Nunu support is bannable then obviously the next step is banning everyone who doesn't pick the highest win rate champ on champion.gg based on matchup.
They're not even close to being the same thing tho

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

They're not even close to being the same thing tho

:thejoke:

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Teikanmi posted:

Riot will always choose to protect their bottom line and so it's going to be a profit motivated decision, which means they'll choose to not ban people who play this weird off meta stuff because it keeps them playing and buying skins

Their bottom line is the reason Nunu got banned in the first place. He's one guy buying skins making the game miserable for hundreds of people who buy skins. Technically it's super clear cut that he's not actually breaking any rules, but he is making people mad and when you make enough people mad Riot get scared it will hurt their wallet.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It would be a funnier joke if people itt weren't saying exactly that

iSurrender posted:

Their bottom line is the reason Nunu got banned in the first place. He's one guy buying skins making the game miserable for hundreds of people who buy skins. Technically it's super clear cut that he's not actually breaking any rules, but he is making people mad and when you make enough people mad Riot get scared it will hurt their wallet.
Enough people throwing a tantrum on Reddit causes Riot to bend to their whim, either banning or unbanning players. I don't know why they're so concerned about this since the guy was reported in such an overwhelming amount of games. Wasn't there an old statistic that most players are reported in less than 1% of their games but this guy was reported in over 50%? It's pretty clear nobody wanted to play with him

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 2, 2017

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

He partially got unbanned because people rule-lawyered on his behalf. They found the "what is reportable" page on Riot's website and it has an image of Wookiecookie literally saying he is going to do what Nunu does and big text under it saying "THIS IS NOT BANNABLE."
So they will probably revise the rules to either eliminate any shadow of a doubt if this is okay, or any shadow of a doubt that this isn't okay. Leaning towards they will firmly state this isn't okay, considering Wookie has been very vocal about wanting this kind of thing to be bannable pretty much every time it pops up.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 2, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
They should have a clause that says Riot has the right to reserve judgement in the case of causing extreme playerbase negativity (and technically they do). In high diamond/master/challenger the players are stuck in a small pool and forced to queue with each other and if someone is being an idiot shithead on the level of this Smite support Nunu garbage or Tyler1 then yes they should be banned. Nobody wants to play with these asshats, because they make the game an awful chore for the players that are actually trying and working together as a team.

The only reason not to ban the nunu shitter is to save face with the idiots that think this poo poo is ok when 99% of the playerbase does not think it is ok.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You should ban anyone who's reported in most of their games over hundreds of games because they're consistently ruining the game experience for other players.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

this is all very interesting but have you considered: solipsism

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Let's see
Lyte: classic "strong man". Used his power to destroy toxics everywhere, gently caress girlfriends
Riot_Wootle_guy: unable to ban a nunu for two weeks. Toxics everywhere rejoice. Never has sex.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
im not sure if its kosher to even jokingly call lyte a strongman

he's like modok but instead of building laser guns he tries to talk people into hating/killing/cucking themselves

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

this is all very interesting but have you considered: solipsism

if im not real that means you imagined me, loving owned idiot

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lyte is a creepo :(

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
We imagined CJ Nunu. The failure was in us all along.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why is having a meta so vilified? What exactly is the problem with having a basic template to play the game in? It's not as if the meta is so rigid that you have to play every game identically, "if you queue for the role in bot you should hang around bot" doesn't seem like it's ~chaining my free spirit~. When you're playing cooperatively with people you've never met before with maximum like five minutes prep time it seems nothing but positive to have a starting point for strategy. If this dude wants to change the game up he should play with someone who's down to do that, not inflict it on people who don't. Nowhere in this "communication" does he ever compromise or negotiate, he just says "I'm doing this, here's a guide to how to not get hosed over by it"

Riot's discussion is literally just how to spin it. They just don't want to give any ammo to people who accuse them of being tyrannical. Maybe they'll leave him unbanned just because banning him looks bad but I highly doubt the result of this meeting will be "maybe the ADC SHOULD just suck it up"

More likely they'll Al Capone it and ban him for something else "totally unrelated"

Glad to see that no matter how things have changed over the years, the Real poo poo has always stayed the same. Good old Riot Games.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They should have just Pendragon'd him and brought up chatlogs of him being a douchebag. Nobody is going to be cool with punishable off-meta picks when thats like, half of the tourney strategies that win.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

guess the champ

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

guess the champ

...Ivern?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Tired Moritz posted:

guess the champ
With that sample size, it could be basically anyone in any role. But it has the buff mastery, so it should be a jungler. Which means Ivern or Zac.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay whatever you nerds!! what does savagery even do for Ivern? Did someone really good just forgot to change it to Wanderer?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Tired Moritz posted:

okay whatever you nerds!! what does savagery even do for Ivern? Did someone really good just forgot to change it to Wanderer?
Almost certainly yeah. Lolalytics has wanderer at a 56% winrate and savagery at under 50.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

Probably that, also I think this stuff is fun (i am a nerd).

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

jungle kayle

edit: does windspeaker work on nunu devour?

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

d0grent posted:

edit: does windspeaker work on nunu devour?

For the healing, but not the health gain from eating a large monster.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

with the bush mastery, it's gotta be ivern

...right?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Most junglers take the bush mastery

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Should there be a new thread since this isn't season 6 anymore or does nobody really care?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
^^^^
No point really, the OP is already a masterpiece and we just need a thread retitle but everyone is too lazy to PM a mod

Zac I think for the masteries, even though I don't think windspeaker's resists don't work for his blobs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/837376966139355136

a guardian is always prepared

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Helmet Bro's older brother saw he was in trouble and came to help I see

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Justicar Mordekaiser looking good.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Why are they adding Reinhardt to the game 🤔

Teikanmi