Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ImpAtom posted:

Higher level gear doesn't actually impact stats much. It unlocks new ammo types for that weapon and more mod slots. There is no reason to hold onto lower tier gear, upgrade as soon as possible. You will get more shards quickly.

i actually sold my tripcaster before doing the quest for it and now i have that quest there forever. its sorta dumb that the gear quests wont fire off unless they're explicitly active, and its sorta dumb i have a quest i can never finish now too but its not a huge deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't you buy a new tripcaster?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i actually sold my tripcaster before doing the quest for it and now i have that quest there forever. its sorta dumb that the gear quests wont fire off unless they're explicitly active, and its sorta dumb i have a quest i can never finish now too but its not a huge deal

You can just buy a new tripcaster.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The story-related dialogue scenes in Horizon look great! Are all of the side-story dialogue scenes as bad as the infamous Brom scene, or is that one uniquely terrible?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Crows Turn Off posted:

The story-related dialogue scenes in Horizon look great! Are all of the side-story dialogue scenes as bad as the infamous Brom scene, or is that one uniquely terrible?

someone said it seems to be based on how important the character is. People that only exist for a sidequest seem to get puppet jaws

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is there any word on a white PS4 Pro? Should I just get a slim instead? The console must match my white xbox one / wii u god dammit!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That may very well be the most ethical thing to do but I'm not ditching the ability to auto update and get into a game in 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes.

Maybe I'll try to cut down on my trash output and feel less guilty about rest mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont worry, industry uses and wastes so much that what households do doesnt actually matter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

i turn my ps4 off when im not using it

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont worry, industry uses and wastes so much that what households do doesnt actually matter

This. We're the largest manufacturer of pizza boxes in my state, and it's crazy how much waste there is and we're small fry compared to most other packaging places.

While we recycle all cardboard and plastic we throw away, the sheer wastage of packaging is massive, it's something I've only just realized since working here.

Thankfully a lot of manufactures offer bio packaging now which in the majority is actually cheaper to buy.

Sorry for the derail.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seriously, I can't get used to Sony not pushing PSPlus free games the first day of the month like Xbox Live Gold. It is drat weird to not even know wich games will be this month.

Edit: Looks like Disc Jam and Teraway. Not too hot again meh.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well poo poo, Dishonored 2 and Far Cry Primal came from the rental shop and Yakuza Zero arrived 2 days earlier than expected, decisions, decisions.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

Seriously, I can't get used to Sony not pushing PSPlus free games the first day of the month like Xbox Live Gold. It is drat weird to not even know wich games will be this month.

The games are
Disc Jam
Tearaway Unfolded
Under Night: In-Birth (PS3)
EDF 2025 (PS3)
Lumo (Vita/PS4)
Severed (Vita)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I played the Disc Jam beta and wasn't impressed. Teraway is yet another indie game that I'll never play. Sony has nice sales but they didn't give a single decent game since I subscribed to PSPlus in December.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crows Turn Off posted:

It varies wildly, probably because a lot of that stuff was outsourced

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Tearaway couldn't be much farther from indie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tearaway isn't indie, it's published by Sony.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Not too hot again meh.

Lol

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

I played the Disc Jam beta and wasn't impressed. Teraway is yet another indie game that I'll never play. Sony has nice sales but they didn't give a single decent game since I subscribed to PSPlus in December.

There is a difference between decent games and games you want to play. Since December there has been Invisible Inc, Stories, Titan Souls, The Swindle, Day of the Tentacle, This War of Mine and Not a Hero which are games that all range from being excellent to at least worth playing around with a little bit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That plucky little indie group, Media Molecule.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is there any word on a white PS4 Pro? Should I just get a slim instead? The console must match my white xbox one / wii u god dammit!

Just buy a ps4 decal skin for 20 bucks. I did it and it looks great. Advantage is you can go ahead and get the pro now and not wait.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Norns posted:

I'm so glad I have no idea what you guys are going on about

This one time, a kid was walking on the roof with his friends when one of them fell down and died. He found it funny.
Then he became a video game writer.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

HGH posted:

This one time, a kid was walking on the roof with his friends when one of them fell down and died. He found it funny.
Then he became a video game writer.

he thought it was funny because his dead friend had a boner, that's the important part of the story

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Crows Turn Off posted:

There is one that is worse, at least in voice acting, and it was so bad I started laughing. It's the guy who sends you to look for a his grandma's ring. He sounds like every stereotype I've heard of a DnD player, like all the dudes in that Dead Alewives skit.

However, the game is still so fun that I accidentally played until 5am last night. Like when I saw what time it was, I was genuinely in horror because I had plans this morning and knew I was going to have to get up and feel like complete and utter poo poo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Can't decide if I want to go against my "Don't spend $60 for a new game" rule I've been trying to do for HZD :sigh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it's a good game for just dicking around exploring stuff then whoops it's three hours later.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Can't decide if I want to go against my "Don't spend $60 for a new game" rule I've been trying to do for HZD :sigh:

Sounds like there will be quite a few copies to go around in two weeks since it's selling well.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sounds like there will be quite a few copies to go around in two weeks since it's selling well.

thats kind of my feeling on it, I'll try to maintain impulse control!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

loving Ebay. Thought I snagged HZD for sub 40 Euro. Course it was a loving keylogged eBay account selling it, never happened to me before in 10 years.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

If you have prime you get 20% off new poo poo for the first 2 weeks after release.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The poo poo goons will do to save 10 bucks is hilarious and stupid.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Doing all sorts of work/research and depriving yourself of joy to save a crisp fiver is the ultimate metagame

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Boogalo posted:

If you have prime you get 20% off new poo poo for the first 2 weeks after release.

they're out of stock, that was what I was going to do.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Just trying to wait a few weeks and save some bucks on a completely frivolous purchase! Small amounts of savings add up over time and you can have a good savings account its cool and good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

they're out of stock, that was what I was going to do.

Just trying to wait a few weeks and save some bucks on a completely frivolous purchase! Small amounts of savings add up over time and you can have a good savings account its cool and good.

Was talking about eBay dude.

Or people that buy from CDkeys.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

CharlestheHammer posted:

Was talking about eBay dude.

Or people that buy from CDkeys.

oh yeah that poo poo's crazy

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Boogalo posted:

I don't. I get 2 Euro.

And no, buying a game from a commercial seller on eBay who got hosed sure is the same as buying from a keysite.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

acksplode posted:

Doing all sorts of work/research and depriving yourself of joy to save a crisp fiver is the ultimate metagame

I am renting Horizon on Gamefly. If I factor in the labor and materials required for reselling and time-based depreciation vis-a-vis the used market, I estimate that buying it new and reselling when I am done would cost about $20. A Gamefly subscription is $16 a month, so if I take fewer than 35 days to finish it I will come out ahead

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I buy the video games and then I play them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I buy the video games and then I play them

Buy low, sell high, that's my motto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU