Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

btw if someone is real bored http://n-gate.com/hackernews/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
le pen will win

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

state-funded nepotism bad?! whoa if true

Should have let her get hired by Chris Roberts (preferably through one or two consulting agencies intermediaries) Industries instead and use his influence to grant a innovation grant to Star Citizen instead.

How can we trust the future of the Republic to a man who cannot even cover even the slightest misuse of funds?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

exmarx posted:

le pen will win

macron will usher in a new age of violent liberalism

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Should have let her get hired by Chris Roberts (preferably through one or two consulting agencies intermediaries) Industries instead and use his influence to grant a innovation grant to Star Citizen instead.

How can we trust the future of the Republic to a man who cannot even cover even the slightest misuse of funds?
:eyepop:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

kustomkarkommando posted:

age of violent liberalism

Then my work on this world will finally be done and I can disappear back into the ether between planes...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

le pen will win
maybe. we'll see how turns out todays decision from brussels to strip her off parliamentarian immunity, which she used to steer clear of the law enforcement her voter base so venerates

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Nerds get really :spergin: about no. and placement of fans in cases.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

exmarx posted:

le pen will win

Global Trumpism strikes again. We taking bets on how long until the EU is dissolved?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Nerds get really :spergin: about no. and placement of fans in cases.
yea. like the actually useful information on this -

1 fan bottom front, sucks air in
1 fan top back, blows air out

the rest are various niceties. some of the more pragmatic ones is an intake fan on the side, and exhaust on the roof. and i guess mr. mcsplurgistan scenario where your case has some support structure allowing you to have a bottom mounted intake

as for the size - smaller than 120mm is not ok, otherwise no one cares unless you have to follow some quietness threshold. more than two exhausts are not even really needed unless you run older amd hardware

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Randler posted:

Eh, I'm 8/10 and will just roll with it. Probably going to get distracted by some other thing instead of going all in on ranked OW anyway.

Electric toothbrushes are one of the best purchases you can make with regard to quality of life and personal health.

i dunno i switched to super stiff bristles on a normal toothbrush and the amount of bitching by the dental hygienists has drastically gone down

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yea. like the actually useful information on this -

1 fan bottom front, sucks air in
1 fan top back, blows air out

the rest are various niceties. some of the more pragmatic ones is an intake fan on the side, and exhaust on the roof. and i guess mr. mcsplurgistan scenario where your case has some support structure allowing you to have a bottom mounted intake

as for the size - smaller than 120mm is not ok, otherwise no one cares unless you have to follow some quietness threshold. more than two exhausts are not even really needed unless you run older amd hardware

I'm sorry, but you seem to not grasp the severity of the situation! (Each picture depicts a different cooling setup that was measured)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dunno i switched to super stiff bristles on a normal toothbrush and the amount of bitching by the dental hygienists has drastically gone down
you are just loving up your teeth in the long run. never not get anything harder than soft, and just get a better technique - the hard brushes have larger "hair" size, so you just have poorer reach over various areas

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm sorry, but you seem to not grasp the severity of the situation! (Each picture depicts a different cooling setup that was measured)
thermodynamics class is crying for this person

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

cinci zoo sniper posted:

you are just loving up your teeth in the long run. never not get anything harder than soft, and just get a better technique - the hard brushes have larger "hair" size, so you just have poorer reach over various areas

whatever i was planning on getting veneers in a decade or two anyway

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Randler posted:

I have a deep silent case and it is some good German engineering. My floor wasn't quite level at the first apt so it rattled a bit, but all's well. The filters and easy of making a positive pressure means I never have to clean anything but the filters either.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nice av/post combo

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Yeah I did this as well. Manual soft toothbrushes -> couple different fancy sonicare whatevers -> manual hardest-I-could-find toothbrush. I'm not a "I know better than the experts" guy in general but I don't think I'm scraping off enamel or killing my gums or anything, the teeth just "feel" a lot cleaner with a lot less work. Who knows though maybe I'm in for a rude awakening.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pangstrom posted:

Yeah I did this as well. Manual soft toothbrushes -> couple different fancy sonicare whatevers -> manual hardest-I-could-find toothbrush. I'm not a "I know better than the experts" guy in general but I don't think I'm scraping off enamel or killing my gums or anything, the teeth just "feel" a lot cleaner with a lot less work. Who knows though maybe I'm in for a rude awakening.

:rip: ur teeth, wallet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

:rip: ur teeth, wallet
well, he could save on artisanal barbwire toothbrushes by buying sandpaper :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are you 60

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

56, actually

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bear in mind, he's Eastern European, so...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I have a deep silent case and it is some good German engineering. My floor wasn't quite level at the first apt so it rattled a bit, but all's well. The filters and easy of making a positive pressure means I never have to clean anything but the filters either.

I got a Fractal Define R5 for the upgrade project. Mainly got it because apparently it has easily removable filters at every opening so you don't have to clean much.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

cinci zoo sniper posted:

well, he could save on artisanal barbwire toothbrushes by buying sandpaper :v:

yank em all out and replace them with implants

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I got a Fractal Define R5 for the upgrade project. Mainly got it because apparently it has easily removable filters at every opening so you don't have to clean much.
fractals are good poo poo, swedes heep software and hardware guys separate

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
fractal cases indeed rule and the filters are easy to clean

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im this job advertisement - "Du analysierst qualitative und quantitative Daten und erstellst regelmäßige Reportings."

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

stone cold posted:

yank em all out and replace them with implants

Implants are for the rich

Just yank em out and carry a small hand blender at all times

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

another german job advertisement - "Conducting bespoke ROI analyses with and for key clients and prospects"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Placement chat: Still horrible. Placed at 1347.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Placement chat: Still horrible. Placed at 1347.
win a few games and see how points tick in. if its like 50/60 game then you can upstreak yourself into silver/gold with little to no effort

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i finally know why rotd is so twee, this is just his off-reddit persona so he can reach balance in real life

uh excuse me but I as a victim of heightism should not be forced to reach anything, and furthermore,

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I will, to my distaste, back up the weird lederhosen bedecked German on electric toothbrushes being good

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
So over under on sessions refusing himself with the hope that cries for resigna6will die out?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

So over under on sessions refusing himself with the hope that cries for resigna6will die out?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.avclub.com/article/sean-spicers-tragic-fall-grace-white-house-easter--251358 ?????

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009
Dude likes to cosplay. No shame in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who has plain spaghetti and milk that isn't also 5 years old

• Locked thread