Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

there are very minor frame rate issues on the wiiu during large action scenes but otherwise its pretty smooth

I think that gets patched tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think that gets patched tomorrow

I've also roead that the ppl who got it early are playing after that patch and they're still having fps issues. I don't give a care though, tonight will be glorious. Peep the review scores dipshit

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

dan says he was describing this game to someone and was so excited about zelda he started crying

still thinking about this and getting pumped from it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Might be a little late into the life cycle to really care but I just noticed you can't preorder games digitally on the eshop. As much as I'd like the chance to preload, that's cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that side-by-side vid of the wii-u and switch versions has assuaged my last fear. [roy batty voice] time for sex

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HolePisser1982 posted:

still thinking about this and getting pumped from it

he compared it to horizon zero dawn and said something like

horizon zero dawn:
good graphics
fun combat
cool enemies

zelda:
wonder
amazement
joy

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Now that my Wii U is dusted off might as well play some MK8 while I wait for midnight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Now that my Wii U is dusted off might as well play some MK8 while I wait for midnight.

I love MK8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Play the Zelda level for 6 hours

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's wonderful.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't afford a Switch right now and I was going to wait until I got one later this year but this game looks so epic I may just pick up the Wii U version.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
someone said the wii u version has crappier sound? which doesnt make sense but i hope isn't true

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's really, really, REALLY good!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

he compared it to horizon zero dawn and said something like

horizon zero dawn:
good graphics
fun combat
cool enemies

zelda:
wonder
amazement
joy

nintendo has done it again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

fiber posted:

someone said the wii u version has crappier sound? which doesnt make sense but i hope isn't true

There are less environmental/ambient sounds at one time

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

gently caress it gonna go to the Nintendo Store this weekend and walk out with either a Switch and Zelda, or WiiU Zelda and $299 worth of amiibos.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

P-Mack posted:

gently caress it gonna go to the Nintendo Store this weekend and walk out with either a Switch and Zelda, or WiiU Zelda and $299 worth of amiibos.

You know what you doing.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I was gonna buy a copy of Zelda tonight with my Switch but amazon is gonna have the special edition delivered sometime tomorrow after I get home and its too late to cancel it so I'll be patient and wait.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'll post my Switch at midnight. farewell imps

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just did a recon run at Walmart and there was no visible line anywhere inside or outside the store, which is making me nervous.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

Just did a recon run at Walmart and there was no visible line anywhere inside or outside the store, which is making me nervous.

i preordered a copy so i'm not nervous at all.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

usually at wal mart you just go in at midnight and find some dude who hates his life to pull it out the case lol even if they arent doing an official release you should still be able to get it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when was the last time a game physically sold out apart from the nintendo classic?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

So sick of hearing the whining and crying about the incredibly slight framerate dip on the WiiU version. A patch is inbound, you babbies. Besides, 15fps during battles just makes them more cinematic and epic.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm buying 4 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched

I suggest the true fans do the same

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

sector_corrector posted:

when was the last time a game physically sold out apart from the nintendo classic?

Nintendo understocks poo poo all the time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hey idiots ever hear of a credit card? its basically free money even when you don't have "real " money in your pocket. basically with this credit card thing you can buy a s many wii us switches, ps4 s hell even xboners even tho the ram is WRONG lmfao and not worry about paying

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 4 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 4 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched

Im buying two digital copies and one physical so I can race the load times. guess PC Master Race is in my blood haha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

Im buying two digital copies and one physical so I can race the load times. guess PC Master Race is in my blood haha

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

im playing it. its really happening,

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 6 copies

1) Switch unpatched
2) Switch patched
3) WiiU unpatched
4) WiiU patched
5) Digital WiiU
6) Digital Switch

Look at this plebeian who's not accounting for the inevitable Nintendo Selects rerelease down the line.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im just looking at my watch and tappinng my foot on the floor waiting for it to be midnight at this point.. Clock plz move faster...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pissed i won't be able to really dig into this until, at best, saturday morning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm pissed i won't be able to really dig into this until, at best, saturday morning

Same here but like August

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
all i want is to play this game and i can't for an unspecified amount of time and it kills me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i shouldn't stay up all night playing it because i have work and a meeting with 1 of my professors tomorrow, but i'm going to anyways :twisted:

• Locked thread