Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Be cool, I don't think they know

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

KoRMaK posted:

Thats like the first couple steps to doing lucid dreaming. You were close!

How do you know that you're really lucid dreaming and not just high on drugs. What if you took drugs and forgot and you don't play it cool and end up in jail?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's endlessly amusing to me that after all the effort they put into this thing -- inventing a symbolic mathematical system based on the hydrogen atom, curating a selection of sounds and musical recordings from the entirety of human culture, debating whether the arrow symbol elsewhere on the plate would make sense to a culture that had never hunted with spears, even deciding that it would be better for the two characters to not be holding hands lest aliens think they were a single organism -- it was considered absolutely unacceptable to put a single line on the lady drawing's va-jay-jay

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
rewatched road warrior recently, that poo poo holds up

also pro snipe

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/PegboardNerds/status/837345599431159808

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

echinopsis posted:

get used to not turning it down in ral life, and sooner or later you'll be doing the same in your dreams

nah i like what my wife and i have

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
my dreams are normally ok when i remember them but i've discovered that altitude fucks them up. one time i was staying in a mountain hut in the alps at maybe 3800m and woke up to my girlfriend elbowing me really hard in the ribs because i was screaming so loudly that i'd woken the entire hut lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
side effects may include: sleep crime

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 2, 2017

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

my dreams are normally ok when i remember them but i've discovered that altitude fucks them up. one time i was staying in a mountain hut in the alps at maybe 3800m and woke up to my girlfriend elbowing me really hard in the ribs because i was screaming so loudly that i'd woken the entire hut lol

Maybe thats part of why I was so hosed up sleeping in Vegas? It's probably lower elevation than normal for me

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
i have this thing where i remember the geography of place I've dreamed about. like sometimes even years apart i'll have a dream where i'm in a place that doesn't exist and i'll be like 'oh yea i was here years ago, if i take this street down there and turn left at the bakery i'll be wherever i need to be'

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

MSPain posted:

i had that dream once except i was wearing a fursuit and i was extremely not comfortable with it. i was also showing up to a class like 3/4 of the way through the semester that i had forgotten i was enrolled in up until that point (which is apparently also a pretty common dream).

my boyfriend had a similar dream and woke up at 3 in the morning nearly kicking me in the dick

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

vodkat posted:

i have this thing where i remember the geography of place I've dreamed about. like sometimes even years apart i'll have a dream where i'm in a place that doesn't exist and i'll be like 'oh yea i was here years ago, if i take this street down there and turn left at the bakery i'll be wherever i need to be'

i wonder if it's actually a place youve been before in your dreams, or if your dream-brain is just convinced of that, like deja vu. like, do you have a waking memory of the place from before? ive had a sensation of recognizing a dream location before, but after waking i dont remember having thought of the location before

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

big scary monsters posted:

this was supposed to be legs

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

theflyingorc posted:

I'm VERY NEARLY like this - I don't really have a "picture" in my head when I think about most things - like, I get visual flashes of bits of an image I recall but I can't hold the image for any length of time

what about things that you are imagining, rather than remembering? like, if i say "imagine you are in a grassy field. a computer is there. a bird flies overhead"

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Raluek posted:

this was supposed to be legs
puts me in mind of yet another one of those evergreens, the one in which you think you've just woken up but just can't seem to move your legs

in a similar category: where you think you haven't fallen asleep yet and are lying on your side, but feel the bed deforming like someone or something is moving onto the bed behind you and you're supposed to be alone and aaa

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheReal_JDavis/status/837301561500057605

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

annex the russian woodpecker to broadcast "about the pic its much bigger irl the angle is all hosed up i swear" to all of space for all of time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Raluek posted:

what about things that you are imagining, rather than remembering? like, if i say "imagine you are in a grassy field. a computer is there. a bird flies overhead"

i cannot visualize things in my brain either. i know what things look like and i can kinda imagine them briefly but nothing i remember or imagine sticks around for more than a second at most. even when i'm hallucinating or w/e

abraham linkedin posted:

my boyfriend had a similar dream and woke up at 3 in the morning nearly kicking me in the dick

lol i thought you meant he dreamt about buying a ton of water for a sec

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Raluek posted:

i wonder if it's actually a place youve been before in your dreams, or if your dream-brain is just convinced of that, like deja vu. like, do you have a waking memory of the place from before? ive had a sensation of recognizing a dream location before, but after waking i dont remember having thought of the location before

sometimes there are similarities to real place but often there are huge egyptian steps or a massive tree that shadows the whole city or something that makes it obviously a dream. i think its something like when there are directions involved they get stored in the part of my brain that actually remembers street layouts or something. it doesn't happen all that often, maybe once every couple of months or even years apart between locations, but when it does there is like a weirdly vivid moment when I'm like 'i've been here before' and then the normal dream weirdness continues as normal. still a crazy de jevu tho.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

new borrowers movie looking slow
I just showed my kids the borrowers movie for the first time last weekend. They liked it enough, but I was struck with how similar it felt to Stuart Little in tone and visually. Both had Hugh Laurie too. Maybe he specializes in movies that feature tiny characters?

edit: here's a picture for the picture thread:

netwerk23 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 2, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Raluek posted:

Shadows, really. Flashes of green and a general shape for the field.

My mind's eye isn't blind, but it's REALLLLLY limited.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

netwerk23 posted:

edit: here's a picture for the picture thread:

gently caress IPcops

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

vodkat posted:

sometimes there are similarities to real place but often there are huge egyptian steps or a massive tree that shadows the whole city or something that makes it obviously a dream. i think its something like when there are directions involved they get stored in the part of my brain that actually remembers street layouts or something. it doesn't happen all that often, maybe once every couple of months or even years apart between locations, but when it does there is like a weirdly vivid moment when I'm like 'i've been here before' and then the normal dream weirdness continues as normal. still a crazy de jevu tho.

i also have familiar dream locations that i remember across years and it's always a nice feeling to find that i'm revisiting one. sometimes if i've been having a particularly cool dream i've been able to continue it on consecutive nights but that's pretty rare, happened more often when i was a kid

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

https://i.imgur.com/VtoBMym.mp4

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

theflyingorc posted:

also i had a dream where a woman offered to sex me and i turned it down because i'm married

IN A DREAM

had this before.

if i dont drink water before bed and get parched ill often dream im eating shards of metal or what not. its hosed up.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/cher/status/556702504847548417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

thx for chering

• Locked thread