Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That review also flat out lies, the d-pad doesn't do poo poo in OoT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Some of the areas are almost photorealistic

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

welp my preorder for the new Temples album, Volcano has just left Amazon!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

River City Ransom Underground's reviews went from Overwhelmingly Positive to Very Positive to Mostly Positive in 3 days. At this rate it's going to hit Mixed tomorrow. Can't say it's not deserved, with all the drat bugs and problems it has right now, but it hurts my soul to see a good game have such a bad launch.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

There's a bloody queue outside Smyths :(

Only 2 minutes till they start letting people in I guess.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Jay Rust posted:

This is what reviews looked like back in 1998.

I wonder why Andy gave it an 8, and why he wasn't fired

Andy was known as a stuffy hardass back in the dizzay

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/tamathon/status/837408605171253252

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going to see Logan tonight, very excited.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Same. And my Wii U copy of GOTY BOTW will be arriving tomorrow afternoon from Amazon.... the only reason I would go out in the morning is for Amiibo. Unsure if I want them.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Phantasium posted:

The main game on the Wii U that took advantage of the GamePad was Mario Maker,

Please play Pikmin 3.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Switch thread is ready. It will be posted at 9:30 PM EST, approximately two hours from now

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

In Training posted:

"All the buttons do stuff."

gently caress man that's rough

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Switch thread is ready. It will be posted at 9:30 PM EST, approximately two hours from now

I will be refreshing every 5 minutes in hopes of the Switch thread. My bodice is very ready.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lurdiak posted:

River City Ransom Underground's reviews went from Overwhelmingly Positive to Very Positive to Mostly Positive in 3 days. At this rate it's going to hit Mixed tomorrow. Can't say it's not deserved, with all the drat bugs and problems it has right now, but it hurts my soul to see a good game have such a bad launch.

Seems like Kunio is barely in this game. Did they even need to bother licensing it?

I guess it must have been important for getting kickstarter funds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

In Training posted:

The DPad hides and reveals the minimap.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And the L button?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

Same. In the Alamo Drafthouse preshow right now...

Also

Snak posted:

Was this posted already? Cause this is the best endorsement...

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/837316575925514241

:3:

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

And the L button?

That does Link's taunt

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please play Pikmin 3.

I've owned it forever because of Club Nintendo freebies but still haven't bothered to play, sorry.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq1IFUlV8s

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

And the L button?

Hides the map mang.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Seems like Kunio is barely in this game. Did they even need to bother licensing it?

You mean Alex? He and Ryan are playable pretty much the whole way through, and the story is a direct sequel to the original game, and there's tons of references all over the place. I mean I guess they could've just filed off the serial numbers and made a game that's really really really suspiciously close to River City Ransom without being actually related, but I don't really think anything would've been gained that way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/LordMune/status/837454217614872577

Oh.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Switch thread is live

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zeboyd's next game Cosmic Star Heroine now has a date: april 11th

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DalaranJ posted:

I guess it must have been important for getting kickstarter funds.

As you say, "A Game Where You Eat Food To Level Up And Punch High School Delinquents" just doesn't have the brand recognition as RIVER CITY RANSOM if you're doing internet panhandling

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

My local game shop called earlier to tell me I can come pick up Zelda at 11:45 tonight, just two hours left to goooooooooo
I got a gift card to the local shop like 2 years ago and have saved it for something special, finally that time has come

This is probably the best argument towards owning a Switch I have seen thus far

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 3, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Seems like a good way to break your nose by dropping a hunk of plastic on your face to me

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Seems like a good way to break your nose by dropping a hunk of plastic on your face to me

really? seems like a bad way to do that, if i'm being honest. Like, I can imagine at least 4 better ways to mangle your face with plastic.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Wii was all like "get up and move!!" but now the Switch is "lie upon your deathbed"??

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I guess, but if that's a common concern for you then I suggest you stop buying your products from shady chinese websites

Jay Rust posted:

The Wii was all like "get up and move!!" but now the Switch is "lie upon your deathbed"??

That's the world we live in now, the Switch is the quintessential 2017 consumer good.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

We probably could have gotten a pretty awesome open world single-player Fable if things had gone differently at the start of this past gen and if they had worked on it for a good while without rushing it or anything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Plebian Parasite posted:

really? seems like a bad way to do that, if i'm being honest. Like, I can imagine at least 4 better ways to mangle your face with plastic.

Hmm, that's true. It's a way to break your nose, but perhaps not the best way. We can look to our dear friend Andrew WK and the story behind this album cover

for that (he hit himself in the face with a brick because the pig's blood they were using wasn't enough to get the desired effect)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Edit: Wrong thread

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Hmm, that's true. It's a way to break your nose, but perhaps not the best way. We can look to our dear friend Andrew WK and the story behind this album cover

for that (he hit himself in the face with a brick because the pig's blood they were using wasn't enough to get the desired effect)

When it's time to switch, we will switch hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

As you say, "A Game Where You Eat Food To Level Up And Punch High School Delinquents" just doesn't have the brand recognition as RIVER CITY RANSOM if you're doing internet panhandling

That's such a cynical view of things. If you were making a game that was already a spiritual sequel to your favorite game ever and someone said "Hey you can get the license and make it official", wouldn't you be interested?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is pig's blood a normal thing in makeup because it seems really weird to me that his go-to would be pig's blood and then bricking himself in the face instead of just getting a makeup artist

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sorry for my third/fourth time gushing over RCR Underground. Jesus this is probably the longest beat em up game I ever played.

I thought I was done.

NOPE. :allears:

I wish the game showed the combo inputs on the move list, PAUL can do some sick nasty boxing combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Is pig's blood a normal thing in makeup because it seems really weird to me that his go-to would be pig's blood and then bricking himself in the face instead of just getting a makeup artist

Maybe he didn't want to wait. Andrew W.K. just seems like the kinda guy who doesn't wait for something to happen. I don't know him personally tho.

• Locked thread