Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wapo tomorrow: we got a video of sessions killing s loving dog for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

they can't since it's illegal

everything else that they've released has been totally legit as far as it being leaked

What's legality have to do with it?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

change my name posted:

let's not get crazy here, Exxon Mobile funded/funds literal private armies in the countries they operate in overseas

badass

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

slave to my cravings posted:

Yea I don't understand how someone at the IRS hasn't leaked anything yet. Who would have thought they have the tightest ship in the govt

Me?

The IRS is notoriously well run and merit based.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

slave to my cravings posted:

Yea I don't understand how someone at the IRS hasn't leaked anything yet. Who would have thought they have the tightest ship in the govt

me, unironically. the only person you want to gently caress with even less than the IRS is the US Post Office

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

read those tweets

donald sounds

pissed

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

In this scenario otacon pisses on everybody

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

If it was a focused takedown of just Trump, they'd leak his taxes

Yes, exactly.

And saying the democrats are overplaying their hand or are behind this is either stupidity or obfuscation by Trump. Probably the latter. The democrats are just reacting to the action that's going on in the leaks.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

What's legality have to do with it?

if someone leaks something illegal like his taxes then (a) the story isn't about his taxes (b) there will be 100 republican investigations into the leaks because someone actually did break the law which again will bury the story about his taxes

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

me, unironically. the only person you want to gently caress with even less than the IRS is the US Post Office
They don't call the CO the postmaster general for nothing...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robert Plant posted:

In this scenario otacon pisses on everybody

I don't know why everyone's making MSG references when we have this perfectly good drakengard series over here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Seriously if this isn't Taro Yoko's American Election then I don't know what is

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
because mgs is a good game

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

but fOr real tho, wishful thinking probably but, we gotta figure some real poo poo gonna drop tomorrow in the pm right? All that poo poo last night as coordinated and we're heading into the weekend

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Frankly Trump's reaction is a huge boon to the Dems

Lord knows the most they can do as a bloc is color coordinate. Giving them credit for a multi-agency conspiracy to undermine an insane paranoid without getting caught is like, a tremendous compliment

Gringostar posted:

if someone leaks something illegal like his taxes then (a) the story isn't about his taxes (b) there will be 100 republican investigations into the leaks because someone actually did break the law which again will bury the story about his taxes

lol if this is the world you live in

If his taxes leak it will be a wildfire covering every newspaper page and nobody will give a poo poo if it's legal or not. "Well, it's public now so we have a duty to report it!" has been the mantra since The Escalator

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

wow he coulda at least waited 4 the dog to finish loving

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Did someone finally tell Tillerson that there's tons of money to be made in renewables, especially solar, right at this moment for anybody who gets in early?

"The sun blasts unimaginable quantities of energy into space each instant, and virtually every joule of it is wasted entirely. Incomprehensible riches can be ours if we can but stretch our arms wide enough to dip from this eternal river of wealth."
CEO Rex Tillerson

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gringostar posted:

they can't since it's illegal

everything else that they've released has been totally legit as far as it being leaked

I think you have to consider that one of the leaks led to the open disclosure that they were tapping the communications of whoever Flynn was communicating with. Sure leaking his taxes is illegal, but look at the risk that multiple people took to leak/confirm the existence of that recording.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Turdfuzz posted:

wow he coulda at least waited 4 the dog to finish loving

He's a monster

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Consummate Professional posted:

all wapo needs is the recording of the phone conversation on september 13th and the bloodgates are going to goddamn open :unsmigghh:

[it is exceedingly unlikely they have this]

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I didn't not know what any one ftheae game series are I lost touch around roughly '08

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Will whatever this is blunt the relatively positive bump Trump got from his idiotic speech

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vladimir Putin posted:

I don't think it's a personal vendetta for two reasons.

1.) This kind of leaking is actually incredibly damaging to the relationship between the president and the intelligence community. Whoever comes after Trump is going to be super cautious about everything having to do with the intelligence community. I don't think a personal vendetta would lead to such extreme actions.

2.) If you looked at what's leaked, it's always linked to two things: 1.) Russia and 2.) Trump's campaign. If the intelligence community was carrying out a totally personal vendetta bent only on harming Trump, they would be leaking other poo poo also.

So I think the conclusion I draw from this is that the people who are leaking either know he's an agent and are building a 'case' against him bit by bit in public, or the case is being assembled in private and information is being released as it's developed.

I personally think people in the intelligence community know he's an agent and what they are doing is slowly dismantling his power so that there's no chance he can remain president when they reveal all of their most damning evidence.
Yeah, this goes back to the other big story from yesterday about the intelligence community disseminating the information they had on Russia before Trump came in because they were worried hed scrub it all.

The US Intelligence community is clearly legitimately concerned that the Trump Administration is in bed with the Putin Regime. And they're basically leaking poo poo to keep warning the American people and make poo poo happen.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

zegermans posted:

I mean, his widow is banging his brother, it's a pretty saucy story.

that's what the bible says to do tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Taco Duck posted:

Will whatever this is blunt the relatively positive bump Trump got from his idiotic speech

yeah, in the end nobody remembers SOTUs much less SOTU-lites

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rudatron posted:

because mgs is a good game

yeah but so is drakengaaaaaaaaahahahahahah nope couldn't do it

(for reals tho I maintain this entire election was written by Taro Yoko)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

If his taxes leak it will be a wildfire covering every newspaper page and nobody will give a poo poo if it's legal or not. "Well, it's public now so we have a duty to report it!" has been the mantra since The Escalator

also you probably won't be able to prosecute him for anything because the information was obtained illegally

like i have no doubt that the second his taxes are released he's hosed which is why he won't do it, but if that's not done through a subpoena it's totally inadmissible if it goes to an impeachment trial

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

That only applies to democrats, turns out republicans can do whatever shady poo poo they want, like selling out the presidency to the Russians, and suffer absolutely no consequences for it

accountability and adherence to the law only applies to the center-left -> left

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Robert Plant posted:

but fOr real tho, wishful thinking probably but, we gotta figure some real poo poo gonna drop tomorrow in the pm right? All that poo poo last night as coordinated and we're heading into the weekend

:shrug: Expecting anything is almost futile. By the time I wake up tomorrow, we might already be at war with North Korea.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think you have to consider that one of the leaks led to the open disclosure that they were tapping the communications of whoever Flynn was communicating with. Sure leaking his taxes is illegal, but look at the risk that multiple people took to leak/confirm the existence of that recording.

any diplomat who doesn't automatically assume his communications are being tapped is a gd idiot who deserves what they get

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

quadrophrenic posted:

i just need a hero rn :smith:

be the hero you need op.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

I seriously doubt the Russian ambassador was unaware that his phone calls were recorded

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

The US Intelligence community is clearly legitimately concerned that the Trump Administration is in bed with the Putin Regime. And they're basically leaking poo poo to keep warning the American people and make poo poo happen.

Too bad we are dumb as gently caress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

also you probably won't be able to prosecute him for anything because the information was obtained illegally

like i have no doubt that the second his taxes are released he's hosed which is why he won't do it, but if that's not done through a subpoena it's totally inadmissible if it goes to an impeachment trial

We could have him on video selling secrets to Putin and it wouldn't lead to an impeachment

We need lots and lots of smoke to demoralize the GOP base and create a 2018 wave or else the country is loving deeeead

Once we get the House, THEN we can talk about comprehensive takedown strategies

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
I'm imagining a bunch of IC spooks wearing false mustaches following Trump surrogates around during the campaign and pointing shotgun mics at all of their conversations from behind potted plants.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Also it's not that hard to secure info. I worked at a bank that had celebrities' accounts, and accessing one w/o permission was a fast track to firing town. Nixon's taxes were leaked (because he was cheating on them, lol) and they caught the guy who did it. It wasn't a felony then, but it is sure as poo poo is now.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chokes McGee posted:

any diplomat who doesn't automatically assume his communications are being tapped is a gd idiot who deserves what they get

Yeah, but the NSA don't go around openly admitting poo poo like that. It's not done.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why would people in the CIA give a poo poo about what the president says about the press? The leaking isn't a reaction to the election and the administration per se. All of the leaks center around either Russia or his campaign. If it was truly discriminant reaction to Trump being an rear end in a top hat, then they would release any sort of damaging poo poo they have.

The POTUS attacking the free press and judiciary saying any poo poo that makes him look bad is fake and can't be trusted I think would scare the poo poo out of people who spent their careers in intelligence. A president aggressively attacking his own countries institutions is some tin pot dictator poo poo and extremely dangerous for the country

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Vladimir Putin posted:

not really news since everyone knows that everyone tapps everyone elses conversations

it's not spoken about openly and when it does come out like it did in the state department wikileaks they say they're offended, but no one was really surprised or like actually offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, this goes back to the other big story from yesterday about the intelligence community disseminating the information they had on Russia before Trump came in because they were worried hed scrub it all.

they're doing a great job, too!

every single day i wake up expecting the russia story to have faded away, and every day i'm pleasantly disappointed

• Locked thread