Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just checked the doc I have and the mod called me trash pretty loving rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Wait, so you got given the information "recruiter" when you checked Bif? It gave you one of her powers instead of just saying JOAT?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I just checked the doc I have and the mod called me trash pretty loving rude.

I'm starting to believe Kash's claim.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Capn Ahab

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Would anyone willing to vote Ahab please vote Mills instead

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

I will go read your mills case right now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Tried to skim your post history on mobile and didn't really see it. Why mills?

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

Bifauxnen posted:

No.

Me or you, that's the way it's got to be.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Tried to skim your post history on mobile and didn't really see it. Why mills?

Because Ahab would be the sacrificial lamb, not the head scum. He was onto something before and was after Mills. And he saw no issue before with Tomm claiming to be in a Kash masonry. But now something's changed, and he believes recruiter means instant scum.

I think he's telling the truth that there's a scum recruiter and that if we don't get them town is doomed. The best lies are built on truth. He's been recruited by the scum recruiter and now knows the reality of the setup. Finding that I was a recruiter made things very tidy.

I think Mills is likely to be that recruiter. He was the first one on my case from early D1. The case built more D2. I'm sure he wouldn't want to sign me on to work with me. ...or maybe he tried and it failed like Kash did.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw I have a theory that flavor-wise, I think there's meant to be a theme here of Autobots and Decepticons learning to team up and work together against the main threat.

Asphyxious posted:

Will the Autobots and Decepticons put aside their differences to confront an existential threat? Or will the habits of a lifetime consign Auspol to it's DOOM?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ahab Itualliar posted:

No.

Me or you, that's the way it's got to be.

you're right to appeal to my sense of drama, but unfortunately I did not also get a thunderdome.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I have a theory that flavor-wise, I think there's meant to be a theme here of Autobots and Decepticons learning to team up and work together against the main threat.

LJ Hooker?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I would quit a setup if I knew that there was a cult. Hope this helps

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Cults are bad and barely ever exist

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

My name is Mills and I have been known to have very strong opinions and to act on them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mills is town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Because Ahab would be the sacrificial lamb, not the head scum. He was onto something before and was after Mills. And he saw no issue before with Tomm claiming to be in a Kash masonry. But now something's changed, and he believes recruiter means instant scum.

I think he's telling the truth that there's a scum recruiter and that if we don't get them town is doomed. The best lies are built on truth. He's been recruited by the scum recruiter and now knows the reality of the setup. Finding that I was a recruiter made things very tidy.

I think Mills is likely to be that recruiter. He was the first one on my case from early D1. The case built more D2. I'm sure he wouldn't want to sign me on to work with me. ...or maybe he tried and it failed like Kash did.

I can see what you're getting at, but I would rather go for the person who has been caught in a lie (unless two people just happened to roleblock kash and myself which lol if so). You may be right about mills but from my seat we're letting a definite bad guy off the hook for the chance of one.

I also have a personal conflict in that mills is currently the only alive person who can verify my near useless claim, so I am hesitant to push for his vote.

I'd vote it at deadline, though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

A hooker?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pF477abcPE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

I can see what you're getting at, but I would rather go for the person who has been caught in a lie (unless two people just happened to roleblock kash and myself which lol if so). You may be right about mills but from my seat we're letting a definite bad guy off the hook for the chance of one.

I also have a personal conflict in that mills is currently the only alive person who can verify my near useless claim, so I am hesitant to push for his vote.

I'd vote it at deadline, though

What lie, you mean about Ahab's night action working on me? That's the weird thing though, it had to have worked, or at least he got that information at some point. I did have that tiny breadcrumb with Moat but I really don't think anyone could have got that beforehand, certainly not to do this kind of gambit on it so confidently.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

tithin posted:

Mmmm

Ok

I'll vote for bif

here's my problem with this. I'm more and more starting to think there might not be scum and we're barking up the wrong tree. This could be one of those setups where there's a single unaligned team that gets to recruit a player per night until they control the game.

I struggle logically with the fact that bif is a jack of all trades who's demonstrated that she's cancelled night 3, that she's cancelled her own lynch, AND a recruiter. It seems like the sort of thing you'd give to someone given the task of winning the game against the odds

Let's give it a go

##vote bifauxnen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yes, cower in fear of my legions of scum as I sit here with my 1 vote on Mills

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:rolleyes:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

What lie, you mean about Ahab's night action working on me? That's the weird thing though, it had to have worked, or at least he got that information at some point. I did have that tiny breadcrumb with Moat but I really don't think anyone could have got that beforehand, certainly not to do this kind of gambit on it so confidently.

The two things I could have seen happening:

On N2 where he says "mills and mills" is when he really targeted you (he picked you and mills), didn't really know what to do with the information, and then someone later in the scumdoc went "oh wait we can ring up Bif as a scum"

Or

Their ability gets around a jail since it's a zoom in it can zoom between the bars of a jail? IDK something like that.

I think the former is more likely than the latter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

The two things I could have seen happening:

On N2 where he says "mills and mills" is when he really targeted you (he picked you and mills), didn't really know what to do with the information, and then someone later in the scumdoc went "oh wait we can ring up Bif as a scum"

Or

Their ability gets around a jail since it's a zoom in it can zoom between the bars of a jail? IDK something like that.

I think the former is more likely than the latter.

Yeah the 2xMills thing was odd. I do believe he had to have looked at Mills at least once around then though, cause he was still reacting with great suspicion towards Mills.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ssv why did my action fail against you last night?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

Ssv why did my action fail against you last night?

jeez now you tell me!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

jeez now you tell me!

Yeah sorry you know all my other secrets tho so feel privileged and special still

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wait did anybody have anything on anyone succeed last night actually? Except for Ahab?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yep, my Starscream check succeeded on tithin. He's not, though :(.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wait, I think that was last night; these days are so long.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

iajanus posted:

Wait, I think that was last night; these days are so long.

So yeah or no?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Sorry, I forgot to post the results of me skimming back the last few pages. Yes, it was last night.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Under 2 hours

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

chaoslord posted:

Under 2 hours

##vote ssv

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tirade posted:

##vote ssv

I agree with this vote

##vote ssv

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually we are 56 min from no lynch

##unvote
##vote ahab

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tirade posted:

##vote ssv

Why SSV?

Moatillata posted:

I agree with this vote

##vote ssv

Same question

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Why SSV?

Same question

He has done jack all and he can't even bother to show up and answer my question.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If we can get votes on SSV I'll help out, Moat. I was a bit suss on him earlier for being all "huh what case is there on Anidav?"

But Ahab looks firmly in the lead.

##vote Ahab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

I'm lynchpropf :smugspike:

• Locked thread