Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I bounced off DA:I really hard but I'm playing W3 now and it's fun as hell.

Anyway those are my thoughts about Andromeda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's actually worth bringing The Witcher into these discussions just by virtue of how cool and funny it is that the contemporary benchmark for decent RPGs has been set by a couple hundred Polish guys with less than $50 million spent on production- a bar that many American developers, each with several times the staff and budget, has yet to clear.

CD Projekt Red is doing great work, and that's certainly very cool, but it's kind of patronizing to talk about it being 'funny' that a Polish studio is actually setting standards for the genre. CDPR isn't some sort of small studio working with a shoestring budget, it's a huge developer working on games with AAA budgets. There's this notion that overstaffed American (or principally Canadian, in Bioware's case) developers are turning in substandard work while a tiny independent studio in Poland is delivering miracles, but that falls apart when you actually look at the size of the development teams involved: the Witcher 3's team was massive, easily comparable if not significantly larger than the teams working on the other side of the Atlantic.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Varam posted:

CD Projekt Red is doing great work, and that's certainly very cool, but it's kind of patronizing to talk about it being 'funny' that a Polish studio is actually setting standards for the genre.

Three developers, one American, one Canadian, and one Polish, walk into a bar.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Three developers, one American, one Canadian, and one Polish, walk into a bar.

i gently caress the polish one

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The bartender asks, "what'll you have?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
A White Russian.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Witcher 3 is so good that I'll be naming the girl Yen Ryder in its homage

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Didn't they say you can post or export the codes of your Ryder faces? Give it a week and someone on Reddit will probably have the whole Witcher cast available

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I got into DA:I late and when W3 came around and everything had original writing and character I could never go back to a MMO style hinterlands again. Kinda pre-ruined FO4 for me, not that I didn't plow 50 hours in telling myself I was having a good time

I'm cautiously optimistic about Andromeda but if they replace handcrafted content with crafting and fetch quests expecting the action to make up for it this is going to be tough.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

Didn't they say you can post or export the codes of your Ryder faces? Give it a week and someone on Reddit will probably have the whole Witcher cast available

I'm so glad face codes exist because all the ones I try end up trash but some wizard out there always manage to make amazing ones

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

frajaq posted:

I'm so glad face codes exist because all the ones I try end up trash but some wizard out there always manage to make amazing ones

This is really close to what my mom said to me last Christmas, but about sperm donors and the future promise of genetic engineering.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What I really liked about the Witcher 3 was Geralt of Rivia.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

What I really liked about the Witcher 3 was Geralt of Rivia.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Somebody said we couldn't modify Ryyder's face, and could only pick out a preset one, or was that about faces for multiplayer?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
when witcher 3 came out on PS4 i watched my roommate try to kill the first griffin boss for like three weeks. it was loving amazing watching him not get better at it until he learned to light it on fire. that game is well made as hell if i can enjoy trolling by proxy

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Drifter posted:

Somebody said we couldn't modify Ryyder's face, and could only pick out a preset one, or was that about faces for multiplayer?

Just multiplayer.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Drifter posted:

I thought that was multiplayer.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Drifter posted:

You have to use EA's FaceCam tech to modify Ryder's face by taking a picture of your own.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

If that's the case Mr. didio then my Ryder will look like a dickhead because I'm taking photos of my cock.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

how is that different from taking a picture of your face

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I thought that was multiplayer.

I'd be blown away if you couldn't do it in single player, considering it's been a feature since 1

I feel like they'd have mentioned something about that by now

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

the smackdown king is back

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

You can't modify the original presets, same as you can't modify Sheploo. So the girl in my avatar is fixed that way but you can make your own to rival her glory.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Cowcaster posted:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

You can't modify the original presets, same as you can't modify Sheploo. So the girl in my avatar is fixed that way but you can make your own to rival her glory.

I think they said there are more pre-set faces for Sara and Scott than the plain white people we've seen in all the trailers

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Cowcaster posted:

:eyepop:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im going to roleplay Ryder as Big Boss or my friend Geralt of Rivia.

Also i hope there is a Yen like character. I really liked Miranda but she was really needy. Lisa Ann Ashley was great.

Fallout 4 loving sucked.

#hottake

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Another MP image I don't recall seeing here.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TotalHell posted:

I bounced off DA:I really hard but I'm playing W3 now and it's fun as hell.

Anyway those are my thoughts about Andromeda.

I appreciate it mro.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im going to roleplay Ryder as Big Boss or my friend Geralt of Rivia.

Also i hope there is a Yen like character. I really liked Miranda but she was really needy. Lisa Ann Ashley was great.

Fallout 4 loving sucked.

#hottake

I've seen that Lisa Ann Ashley mentioned a couple of times before ITT. I know who both women are separately, but I don't get the connection.

What really surprised me about FO4 was the character creator. It was so easy to use and you could make some pretty good looking characters. Hopefully Andromeda has something similar.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zakmonster posted:

I've seen that Lisa Ann Ashley mentioned a couple of times before ITT. I know who both women are separately, but I don't get the connection.

What really surprised me about FO4 was the character creator. It was so easy to use and you could make some pretty good looking characters. Hopefully Andromeda has something similar.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Man, there's nothing worse than it's sad when girls get that flabby tricep area, like Jesus, do a god drat push-up or three now and again.

That's the main reason I did those pull-up challenges in ME3 with James - didn't want my Shepard getting flabby. :eng101:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Ok. I see a vague resemblance (EDIT: TBF, most times I see Lisa Ann's face, she's got a dick in her mouth). I thought it had something to do outside of the game.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 3, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Drifter posted:

Man, there's nothing worse than it's sad when girls get that flabby tricep area, like Jesus, do a god drat push-up or three now and again.

That's the main reason I did those pull-up challenges in ME3 with James - didn't want my Shepard getting flabby. :eng101:

She's almost 50 give her a break

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Drifter posted:

welp god drat this is a True Goon Award post

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's good to know that that was your breaking point out of this entire thread. smh

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

my god

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
God damnit, goons.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
what is a lisa ann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat