Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
On that note, still need a few more for my game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

AHahah this job application requires the use of Vine for a question. The role includes the use of social media.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really can't stand playing mafia for some reason. Maybe bc people are dicks. Idk. I'm not gonna play anymore, just mod

I made this decision , but not because people are dicks, just because its not as much fun playing unless you get a zany role that does crazy stuff.

I only join games because I hate to see things sitting in signups for too long.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Breaks are good and cool. I always feel better about games after taking a few weeks or months off when they start to get to me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Breaks are good and cool. I always feel better about games after taking a few weeks or months off when they start to get to me.

Same.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

I really can't stand playing mafia for some reason. Maybe bc people are dicks. Idk. I'm not gonna play anymore, just mod

I believe this, by default, makes me Best New Player 2015

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

:yeah:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Asiina posted:

Imo years are better.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you never start playing mafia then it's like your whole life is taking a break from it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I fully accept that I'm an awful person. I should just stop making other people associate with me for their own sakes. This should be this game's mantra.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

feeling ya

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mafia is cool and good.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

I have hero seige x2, murder miners x2, LISA x1, dungeons of dreadmore x1, PM me if you want to claim one of them from me on steam.

are they any good, i played dod and liked it

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mafia Universe has a new feature: responsive layouts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Mafia Universe has a new feature: responsive layouts.

ahahahaha i got this e-mail too

i don't think i've ever played a game there?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mills posted:

are they any good, i played dod and liked it

Hero seige looks good.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mr. F! posted:

Hero seige looks good.

i just googled, dont think its for me.

thanks anyway bro

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

No problemo man

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634xJm_lu3g

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T926HtmFikU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:smith:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

to change the topic slightly,

has anyone ever run a game of mafia with this rule or something similar?

*the only thing you may do in a post is vote one person

On its face it seems stupid, but maybe just analyzing vote patterns and how flips go might make it unusually stressful?

Other potential rules to throw in might be limiting the number of votes a person can make at any time and to disallow unvoting (you can only change your vote to someone else after you vote). The former would just help limit "case via spam", and the latter might help make LYLO hilarious: which towny has the guts to put a vote down that could be dogpiled by the scum? And which scum have the guts to dogpile knowing someone may immediately unvote?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure it happened and it sucked

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

bowmore posted:

pretty sure it happened and it sucked

Yeah Inf's Turboman Mafia

I had you nailed too but everyone voted me instead :rip:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

Yeah Inf's Turboman Mafia

I had you nailed too but everyone voted me instead :rip:
lol I forgot I was in it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fun little experiment that one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YATamLjL0U

But MegaMafs

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Asiina posted:

Disagree, going on hiatus is for losers.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I want to make a weird game but the last time I did an experiment Betrayer ruined it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hi PoP!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's a fun question: How many of you have outlasted the tenure of the person who introduced you to SA mafia?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Heya!

Quidthulhu posted:

Here's a fun question: How many of you have outlasted the tenure of the person who introduced you to SA mafia?

I was lurking and following along with the first kingcobweb game in GBS before I registered an account (literally almost ten years ago) so vOv

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

my sponsor was doa and is only notable for buying lumpen a lot of dog butthole avatars.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Heya!

I was lurking and following along with the first kingcobweb game in GBS before I registered an account (literally almost ten years ago) so vOv

I played in that game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I was in a Mordeicius (spelling?) game as my first and I don't think I ever saw him around after that. That was still one of my favorite games since it got dragged down to the wire between grandicap, lumpen, and myself. It went down the right way and I was pleased. And here I still am-ish.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My introduction to mafia was playing Survivor, and the person who informed me of that game, I don't think they ever played mafia, so we're in divided-by-zero territory here.

Votefinder confirms that they haven't played in the modern era and IIRC they were recruited from the TV survivor thread anyway. So, yeah.

The first game where I actually was able to play (still probably my best playing performance, really) was run by Epsilon Plus, who is still here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I stumbled upon mafia organically because of the last discussion thread, but my first game was run by Met who I haven't seen in quite a while. So maybe I have outlasted him?