Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I think you will find that one Russell Westbrook III is the true deserving MVP and I will brook no dissent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQVv44SlUXM&t=18s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Charlotte hasn't beaten a team that's not Brooklyn, LAKERS, or Kings since January 20th

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Did Shaq talk about McGee tonight?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Did Shaq talk about McGee tonight?

I don't think so, his mum told him he couldn't. Apparently that's a thing that happens to men in their 40s.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Dimebag posted:

I don't think so, his mum told him he couldn't. Apparently that's a thing that happens to men in their 40s.

I'm 40 in a week, and if my mom called me up to tell me to cut it out, I'd cut it out too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dimebag posted:

If your mom doesn't scare you into compliance no matter your age, you got neglected - not to mention the traditionally strong and authoritative role black women have in their families

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

If your mom doesn't scare you into compliance no matter your age, you got neglected - not to mention the traditionally strong and authoritative role black women have in their families

It's not about complying to your mothers request I totally get that, more that Shaq is a 40 year old guy who should have had the common sense not to escalate the matter to the point he needed to be put back into line by his mother.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dimebag posted:

It's not about complying to your mothers request I totally get that, more that Shaq is a 40 year old guy who should have had the common sense not to escalate the matter to the point he needed to be put back into line by his mother.

Oh, if the point is Shaq is a miserable bully stuck in adolescence, I fully agree. No arguments there. It's good that his mother is there to shut him up eventually, though.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Oh, if the point is Shaq is a miserable bully stuck in adolescence, I fully agree. No arguments there. It's good that his mother is there to shut him up eventually, though.

100%, I don't think I phrased my initial criticism very well. At least someone spoke sense to him. The whole situation has the feel of a high school bully called out on his poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

yeah i enjoy his antics, but belittling peoples' work, especially ***in this economy*** is pretty weak

kawhi winning would just be so right

and incredibly spursy.

how did the spurs get so lucky to go from robinson to duncan to leonard? 3 of the classiest superstars ever

I don't think being a completely mechanical being devoted solely to basketball dominance is the same as being classy.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Bashez posted:

Everyone should be cheering for the Spurs to get the 1 seed so that Kawhi wins MVP. We don't want to look back at this like the Derrick Rose MVP where we let our emotions make a stupid decision.

Harden deserves the MVP over boring man

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Kawhi needs to be more obnoxious if he wants to win MVP.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Did not expect Lebron to be at .617 true shooting this year. I swear every time I look at his bbref I get surprised at something new

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
N: Jusuf Nurkic had 18 points 12 rebounds 6 assists and 5 blocks in last night's win over the Thunder

V: I think I'm getting over losing Mason Plumlee a lot faster than expected

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That's a Jokic-like statline

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

zelah posted:

N: Jusuf Nurkic had 18 points 12 rebounds 6 assists and 5 blocks in last night's win over the Thunder

V: I think I'm getting over losing Mason Plumlee a lot faster than expected

LOL at "losing" Plumlee.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Did not expect Lebron to be at .617 true shooting this year. I swear every time I look at his bbref I get surprised at something new

First time he's been below 30% for his usage since 2005. Its a small change, but he's already adapting his game for this next phase. When I watch Cavs games I am seeing him letting more of the offense run through Kyrie, which I think is really good.

Lebron is an amazing athlete with amazing skills, but his IQ is what should stand out when you look at his career. His ability to adapt is incredible.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think being a completely mechanical being devoted solely to basketball dominance is the same as being classy.

:mitt:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Papercut posted:

LOL at "losing" Plumlee.

He seemed like a cool and nice dude who the players liked. I don't see why it's a bummer to see players you like get traded

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Noctone posted:

I think you will find that one Russell Westbrook III is the true deserving MVP and I will brook no dissent.

Westbrook is obviously the singularly most dominant player of this season, but I think OKC has to have a better record for him to win it, which is why I don't think he will. I'm not saying whether or not that's fair, it's just that historically the voters usually pick someone who's a top 5 player in the league on one of the top 5 teams in the league by record.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

Westbrook is obviously the singularly most dominant player of this season, but I think OKC has to have a better record for him to win it, which is why I don't think he will. I'm not saying whether or not that's fair, it's just that historically the voters usually pick someone who's a top 5 player in the league on one of the top 5 teams in the league by record.

Westbrook is going to take a 25 win team and turn them into a 45+ win team, which is impressive. Harden is taking a 35 win team, and turning them into a 55+ win team, which I think is more impressive.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Libertine posted:

Oh I know he won't win it, just saying that he deserves it. I feel like people are forgetting how absolutely bonkers it is that he's averaging a triple-double.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Jusuf is cool and I'm sure he'll regress at some point but it has been fun watching him ball in Portland.

I don't know if there were that many questions about his conditioning before but I'm impressed at how well he's handled a huge jump in minutes. It helps that Portland's schedule has been sparse lately.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Is Sabonis as a starter almost dead? It's not that great a look right now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

KAT leaving the Timberwolves over this is the most Minnesota thing.

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/03/03/karl-towns-sr-lawsuit-minnesota-timberwolves-mascot-crunch?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

Is Sabonis as a starter almost dead? It's not that great a look right now.

I sure hope so taj deserves to start

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Basketball dads are the worst

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Basketball dads are the worst

Haha yeah what a dick, he should totally be fine with them inuring his knee while being criminally negligent.

I can't believe these guys!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

It's not the Dad, I don't know the situation (maybe they did do this), but the Timberwolves should absolutely have contacted KATSR and figured out how to mitigate it right away. It sounds like SI has no sources on the story so maybe that is happening.

However, Crunch destroying the relationship between the franchise and their best player is a peak Minnesota Sports.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

Westbrook is going to take a 25 win team and turn them into a 45+ win team, which is impressive. Harden is taking a 35 win team, and turning them into a 55+ win team, which I think is more impressive.

And of course the most impressive is Kawhi taking a 45 win team and making them a 60 win team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Charlotte hasn't beaten a team that's not Brooklyn, LAKERS, or Kings since January 20th

The Jeremy Lin Kemba two pg lineups were the soul of that team is my ex posto facto rationalization. Or maybe having healthy MKG RUINS EVERYTHING

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Metapod posted:

I sure hope so taj deserves to start

I did not expect him to come off the bench in OKC. That makes no sense.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

leftist heap posted:

Jusuf is cool and I'm sure he'll regress at some point but it has been fun watching him ball in Portland.

I don't know if there were that many questions about his conditioning before but I'm impressed at how well he's handled a huge jump in minutes. It helps that Portland's schedule has been sparse lately.

People have been saying he was out of shape coming in, and he looked completely gassed towards the end when Andre Roberson kinda threw him to the floor last night. Sounds like he wasn't playing much in Denver, but yeah the all star break plus sparse schedule should help him get up to speed quick. He sounds motivated.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

The triangle doesn't work without a hall of fame caliber shooting guard. I don't get why Phil and his disciples have kept trying to adapt it over and over to lovely teams. It's ball movement to get open midrange looks for Jordan and Kobe, that's the extent of its successful implementation at the highest level.

The problem is the dogmatic failure to stretch it to the three point line. Steve Kerr took basic triangle principles and mixed them with high pnrs, mixed them up and you get those open midrangers for Mareese Speights or Kevin Durant and open threes for Klay, and lots of good stuff on dribble handoffs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zelah posted:

People have been saying he was out of shape coming in, and he looked completely gassed towards the end when Andre Roberson kinda threw him to the floor last night. Sounds like he wasn't playing much in Denver, but yeah the all star break plus sparse schedule should help him get up to speed quick. He sounds motivated.

You have to be patient with him, because he will pad those ridiculous stat line nights with nights where he fouls out in 5 minutes or disappears completely. His potential is crazy though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
OKC would be lucky to win like, 20 games without Russ. He's the MVP. Full stop.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/IsaacHarrisNBA/status/837707301859491840

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Whiteside has more assists this year than the rest of his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Whiteside has more assists this year than the rest of his career.

Is he actually learning to be a team player or is he stat hunting? I've not seen a Heat game all year.

• Locked thread