Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Yes, they are delightful and extremely noisy Australian birds also called happy families, apostle birds or Twelve Apostles, or CWA (Country Women's Association) birds. They hang out in big family groups and are somewhat like a pigeon sized grey sparrow with the brain of a slightly dopey crow. They're "core corvids" along with Willy Wagtails (who have inflatable eyebrows) so they have extra brains to cause maximum havoc/noise.

Extra brains? Inflatable eyebrows?

Oh, okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
not only did that not happen, it was deffo written as a joke or sincerely by someone who wants to prove to the world how dumb they think liberals are

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Like seven layer dip stdh

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

dip that didn't chip

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DID SOMEONE SAY DIP

(the stdh is Sgt. Slaughter inventing this recipe)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As a Finn this really huckled my berries.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

More and more people are figuring out that you can write poo poo like this and then post a screencap on social media, calling for outrage. It's so goddamn annoying.

And it's not just the alt-right screaming "SJW LIEberals!" either, I've seen this crap flying around from all directions. It's a formula for instant likes and shares in your carefully-curated hug garden, and idiots can't resist making it and/or commenting/sharing/retweeting/whatever it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
A guy I know posted some poo poo on FB about liberals wanting to castrate themselves to fight the patriarchy or something. I pointed out that it was fictitious, and the guy said "I know, but it's something they would do." Of course 99% of the comments assumed it was true, and loved it.

Making up caricatures of liberals and then bashing them for being stupid is so common on the right.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

More and more people are figuring out that you can write poo poo like this and then post a screencap on social media, calling for outrage. It's so goddamn annoying.

And it's not just the alt-right screaming "SJW LIEberals!" either, I've seen this crap flying around from all directions. It's a formula for instant likes and shares in your carefully-curated hug garden, and idiots can't resist making it and/or commenting/sharing/retweeting/whatever it.

My biggest complaint about the image in question is that it's never okay to trash books :smith:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Pastry of the Year posted:

DID SOMEONE SAY DIP

(the stdh is Sgt. Slaughter inventing this recipe)

I believe Sgt. Slaughter would use 3 lbs. of ground beef and three cans of chili for one bowl of dip.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Sounds like a really bad chili recipe.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trebek posted:

Agreed, it doesn't even have corn in it.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

Stuntman posted:

Agreed, it doesn't even have corn in it.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Where's the packets of french onion soup?

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Leon Einstein posted:

A guy I know posted some poo poo on FB about liberals wanting to castrate themselves to fight the patriarchy or something. I pointed out that it was fictitious, and the guy said "I know, but it's something they would do." Of course 99% of the comments assumed it was true, and loved it.

Making up caricatures of liberals and then bashing them for being stupid is so common on the right.

Please post it if you have it, sounds like some quality stdh

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Trebek posted:

Well, you know, when you get right down to it... what IS dip?

Pneub has a new favorite as of 10:59 on Mar 3, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Well termination can mean one of two things here so not the greatest choice of words

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013
"Lady, you are damaging my calm"

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

FuckenPunchOn posted:

"Lady, you are damaging my calm"

She got off at the next stop probably because that's where she was going

Also lol at the unnecessary use of "introverted"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

life is killing me posted:

Also lol at the unnecessary use of "introverted"

She gains +30% from these kind of encounters.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

She gains +30% from these kind of encounters.

It's like that video that was circulating a few years ago with all these "introvert" nerds making weird faces, trying to be a PSA for introverted people and their extroverted friends who apparently don't understand them. It was just music and subtitles, a bunch of funny faces, and saying things like, "This is just my resting bitch face," "Sorry that I don't talk, it doesn't mean I don't want to," and "Please keep inviting me out." Pretty sure it was Buzzfeed though, which even then everyone some people on the internet knew was dogshit.

It was basically a PSA for what happens when people get introversion and Asperger's mixed up, and also what happens when you assume that being introverted means a person talks less and is like, really smart you guys.

I'm an introvert, and even though I need to recharge after social situations, I enjoy being social and if you get me talking I almost need to be stopped. I'm also not that smart and I don't have Asperger's.

Sigh. Want to make everyone think you're a smart special snowflake? Call yourself an introvert and the internet will lay their collective hands on you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's like that video that was circulating a few years ago with all these "introvert" nerds making weird faces, trying to be a PSA for introverted people and their extroverted friends who apparently don't understand them. It was just music and subtitles, a bunch of funny faces, and saying things like, "This is just my resting bitch face," "Sorry that I don't talk, it doesn't mean I don't want to," and "Please keep inviting me out." Pretty sure it was Buzzfeed though, which even then everyone some people on the internet knew was dogshit.

It was basically a PSA for what happens when people get introversion and Asperger's mixed up, and also what happens when you assume that being introverted means a person talks less and is like, really smart you guys.

I'm an introvert, and even though I need to recharge after social situations, I enjoy being social and if you get me talking I almost need to be stopped. I'm also not that smart and I don't have Asperger's.

Sigh. Want to make everyone think you're a smart special snowflake? Call yourself an introvert and the internet will lay their collective hands on you.

"Introvert" has somehow been taken as a point of pride for a lot of people who want to feel smugly superior. It's really common on Tumblr, but you see it anywhere else there's people who talk about how they drink tea and read books and watch Doctor Who instead of having swag and watching reality TV.

The best are the ones that try to apply so many qualifiers to introverts that they end up just sounding like normal people without any unique social quirks.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

"Introvert" has somehow been taken as a point of pride for a lot of people who want to feel smugly superior. It's really common on Tumblr, but you see it anywhere else there's people who talk about how they drink tea and read books and watch Doctor Who instead of having swag and watching reality TV.

The best are the ones that try to apply so many qualifiers to introverts that they end up just sounding like normal people without any unique social quirks.

I'm a special introvert who needs special attention because I sometimes don't feel like going out.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah there is a huge introverted circle jerk on the Internet which culminates in crap like this : https://www.thoughtcatalog.com/becca-martin/2016/01/10-everyday-things-only-extroverted-introverts-will-understand/amp/

"sometimes I like being with people, sometimes I like being on my own. Must mean I'm doubly special"

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

"This is my flirty face."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsEPMB5Usck

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

YES. That one. I don't even have to click "play" to know that's exactly the video I was talking about.

What a pile of steaming horse poo poo.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

"Introvert" describes a pattern of behavior and it's not actually a personality trait, type or disorder. Saying you exhibit introverted behavior because you're a person often exhibiting introverted behavior is circular and meaningless. It's a lot like the word "rear end in a top hat" in that regard.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah there is a huge introverted circle jerk on the Internet which culminates in crap like this : https://www.thoughtcatalog.com/becca-martin/2016/01/10-everyday-things-only-extroverted-introverts-will-understand/amp/

"sometimes I like being with people, sometimes I like being on my own. Must mean I'm doubly special"

Lol. Who was that goon who thought he was super special because he liked video games but also went to night clubs? He also called himself something stupid like nightwalker.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Lol. Who was that goon who thought he was super special because he liked video games but also went to night clubs? He also called himself something stupid like nightwalker.

two worlds?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tunicate posted:

two worlds?

Yes! Thank you.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He also had gross teeth.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm a demivert, which is the rarest vert. I enjoy talking to people, except people I don't like talking to. And I like to chill with people, except when I'd rather chill alone.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm a demivert, which is the rarest vert. I enjoy talking to people, except people I don't like talking to. And I like to chill with people, except when I'd rather chill alone.

At least youre not an ambivert where sometimes you are intro- and other times your extro-, sometimes you jsut want to do your own thing and other times you want to socialize.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am just avert.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What vert are you where you just cry every night?

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

What vert are you where you just cry every night?

Javert.