Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Well, again Wasp has good art though.

Counterpoint: USG has good art as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Those kooky kids

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Counterpoint: USG has good art as well.

I'm actually perfectly fine with the USG art on Doreen herself. My only beef is that a lot of other characters look like they have buck teeth and since they're not squirrel folk too, it's odd.

poo poo I FELL INTO YOUR TRAP OF TALKING ABOUT USG ART.

Anyway, here's everyone reacting to Steve Rogers getting deaged

Avengers Standoff Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

Those kooky kids

I never actually heard of the Maniaks before, so I looked them up, and ...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I did not realize silver was Mia farrow ' daughter.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ballsyto be pre-dating the PUSA with the three string guitars

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

Cable's not-dead again? I'm guessing time travel was involved.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Say Nothing posted:

Cable has been alive since before avenger vs x-men

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Cable has been alive since before avenger vs x-men

he died a few hundred times since then. he was in a really weird place in his life, even by time traveling summers standards.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He gets that from his biological mother's side.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The top of the PCP charts? :ohdear:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Today's Phantom

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That last panel....
So much potential for photoshopping...
Can't compose my post....
Laughing too hard!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
e: Forgot this wasn't Comic Strip thread.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Question IRL posted:

That last panel....
So much potential for photoshopping...
Can't compose my post....
Laughing too hard!

Hell yes, just knock the R off brand and it's already amazing.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The Ghost Who Has Special Eyes

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Veotax posted:

Today's Phantom

Everything about this is incredible from the throne that appears to be resting in an extremely small cave, to the confused and possibly mega-stoned goon, to the furious Phantom calling on the spirits of the dead to destroy the sharing economy.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Pierson posted:

Everything about this is incredible from the throne that appears to be resting in an extremely small cave, to the confused and possibly mega-stoned goon, to the furious Phantom calling on the spirits of the dead to destroy the sharing economy.

I just love how the Phantom has absolutely no clue about the economic principles that this guy is bringing up or what his end goals are. But he realises that he can't show any form of weakness as the Phantom so he must FORBID this man from trying to do what he's doing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Question IRL posted:

I just love how the Phantom has absolutely no clue about the economic principles that this guy is bringing up or what his end goals are. But he realises that he can't show any form of weakness as the Phantom so he must FORBID this man from trying to do what he's doing.

I figured the Phantom knew all about it. He was just surprised and disgusted that it had infected Bangalla.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghostlight posted:

Hey let's all continue posting here instead of the off topic thread.

[Fantastic Four #166]

Steward should have kissed him. They could have avoided the gay panic outrage by citing the Bugs Bunny Defence.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Say Nothing posted:

I like how angry he looks, he's probably pissed that he came back from the dead as an old guy while literally everyone else gets to be young.

It must be tough to be Cable. On top of dying every odd day he constantly meets his younger selves from different timelines or dimensions or whatnot. Also his dad is now younger than him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

TwoPair posted:

I'm actually perfectly fine with the USG art on Doreen herself. My only beef is that a lot of other characters look like they have buck teeth and since they're not squirrel folk too, it's odd.

poo poo I FELL INTO YOUR TRAP OF TALKING ABOUT USG ART.

Holy poo poo forget about USG art, this is the worst crap I've ever get seen called art in my life. How do people look at that terrible Poser art. Are we reading that one crazy guy's Totally-Not-Sonic Echidna webcomic?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

CapnAndy posted:

Nadia Pym is a Cool Teen in Unstoppable Wasp #3:

"Oooh! My new phone is already ringing! I can do that thing I saw on the internet!" is some seriously bad expositionary dialogue that really takes away from the pretty good joke after it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hey girl you up posted:

"Oooh! My new phone is already ringing! I can do that thing I saw on the internet!" is some seriously bad expositionary dialogue that really takes away from the pretty good joke after it.

I would not have known it was a "thing from the Internet" without the exposition. :corsair:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Source?

The Question IRL posted:

"PHANTOM FORBIDS YOU FROM WORRYING ABOUT BLANK! LET PHANTOM WORRY ABOUT BLANK!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hey girl you up posted:

The joke is that she only knows it's a thing because she saw it online, not that she's saying it in the first place. Without the exposition it's just "LOL millenials amirite?!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Veotax posted:

Today's Phantom

Brandgoon all going "Jesus!" like he's Hank Azaria and Al Pacino just brought up GREAT rear end

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Gaz-L posted:

The joke is that she only knows it's a thing because she saw it online, not that she's saying it in the first place. Without the exposition it's just "LOL millenials amirite?!"

We just saw the phone ringing a panel earlier, though. All she needed to say was "I get to try out that thing I saw on the internet". Announcing her phone is ringing to another person who can also hear it is weird and clunky. It's not the worst thing, but a second draft should have cut it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god please tell me we're not going to have a fight over the appropriate amount of exposition in comic books.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Waid may be an out of touch old guy but he can still have some fun

To fight Kang Sam has brought together some avengers teams from across the ages and they're now getting ready for battle

Avengers 5

site fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 3, 2017

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he died a few hundred times since then. he was in a really weird place in his life, even by time traveling summers standards.

Those were just copies as the original was frozen.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I think Earth-X Cable wins any weirdness-off.

He's a living vein of techno-organic-whatever, visible only as a huge face in the ground.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think Earth-X Cable wins any weirdness-off.

He's a living vein of techno-organic-whatever, visible only as a huge face in the ground.

When it comes to stupid poo poo involving the x-men in that series that is very very mild

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Star Vs The Forces Of Evil. Seems like every cartoon has an official comic.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Star Vs The Forces Of Evil. Seems like every cartoon has an official comic.

Is the comic any good? My daughter is super into the cartoon and I'd gladly buy her the comic if it's decent.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Asking that we not fight over the appropriate amount of exposition in comic books, TwoPair posted:

Oh my god please tell me we're not going to have a fight over the appropriate amount of exposition in comic books.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wyntyr posted:

Is the comic any good? My daughter is super into the cartoon and I'd gladly buy her the comic if it's decent.

I really don't know. I think the first few issues are online.

Edit: Or buy her this.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 4, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Synthbuttrange posted:

He gets that from his biological mother's side.

Actually his mom is Madelyne Pryor ( A sort of clone of Jean Grey who is genetically similar if not a 100% clone, but she just kind of "looks a lot like Jean Grey" despite being drawn just like Jean Grey) not Jean Grey. Goddamn it why do I have this knowledge.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes I did consider that, then decided that point still stands. vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hollismason posted:

Actually his mom is Madelyne Pryor ( A sort of clone of Jean Grey who is genetically similar if not a 100% clone, but she just kind of "looks a lot like Jean Grey" despite being drawn just like Jean Grey) not Jean Grey. Goddamn it why do I have this knowledge.

Also when Nate Grey (whose biological mother was Jean) came to the proper Marvel Universe he met Madelyne Pryor and I think they had a brief relationship? Which is... yeah, there's that too.